Confessions

Mistakes
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Minzy woke up to the sound of her brother knocking on her door.

“YO GONG MINZY YOU’RE LATE AGAIN! WHAT DID I TELL YOU?” She heard her brother yell.

“Alright, Alright!" Minzy replied.

She got up from her bed and waved it good bye as she opened the door to face her brother on the other side.

“How many times do I have to tell you to wake up before you actually listen to me? Seriously, you brat!”

“I got it! You nag too much, you know that?”

Minzy moved passed her brother before he could reply and made her way to the bathroom. She quickly washed up and put on her uniform. She had always hated the way the uniform looked on her. It made her look way too... not good. She frowned at herself in the mirror and slapped her face.

“Todays the day, Minzy. You got this. It’s now or never.” She thought to herself.

As she walked down the stairs of the two story apartment that her and her brother shared, she spotted her childhood friend sitting at the dinner table waiting for her like always.

“Kai!” Minzy smiled.

He looked up from his phone and scowled as she ran towards him.

“How do you always manage to make us late every day?” He growled.

“Aw come on. You’re not actually mad at me right?” Minzy looked up at him.

He rolled his eyes and walked out the door. Minzy quickly followed him to the bike that he parked outside their house. Minzy and Kai had always gone to school and back together ever since they could remember. Kai got on the bike and gestured Minzy to hurry and sit in her spot. She smiled at him and did as she was told.

“Hold on tight” he mumbled.

“Yeah, yeah.” She laughed.

He never failed to tell her this even though they did this every day. She wrapped her arms around his waist as she sat down on the back of the bicycle. As they rode on the way to school, Minzy looked up at the man she had been in love with since Kindergarten. Kai had given her his purple crayon when hers had run out and ever since then, Minzy knew that Kai was her prince in shining armor. She smiled at the sudden memory and laid her head on his back. Today was definitely the day she was going to tell him about her feelings.

They arrived at school and as usual, their friends waited for them by the gates. Minzy quickly took off her helmet and got off the bike. She ran up to her best girlfriend, Bommie, and pulled her into a tight hug.

“Todays the day!” Minzy whispered into her friend’s ear.

Bom smiled and released herself from her friend’s clutches.

“I know! I’m super excited for you. I hope it goes well!” Bom said with a smile.

“Thanks Bom!”

They all made their way to class and sat through six different classes of boredom until the bell finally rang for the end of the day. Minzy and Kai had sixth period together so they always walked to the bike together from there. As usual, Kai waited for Minzy to finish packing up her belongings and they walked together.

“Hey Kai… Do you think it’d be okay if we went on a detour today? I found this really cool ice cream place I want to try!” Minzy suddenly blurted.

Her face slowly turned red as she thought about what she was doing.

“Why not?” Kai responded.

Minzy smiled at Kai and let out a sigh of relief. This would give her an opportunity to talk to Kai alone and finally tell him what she’s been holding in since they were younger.  

-----------

They arrived at the ice cream shop and headed inside. Minzy sat down at one of the tables and Kai went to order their ice creams. Kai knew exactly what Minzy wanted and didn’t bother asking her.

“Can I get a chocolate dipped vanilla ice cream and a mint choco, please?”

“Coming right up.”

Kai paid and waited before being handed the ice creams he ordered. He went over to Minzy and handed her the mi

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter