Heartache

Mistakes
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

The end of the school day had approached quickly, and as usual Sehun waited for Minzy so that he would be able to drive her home. Though this time, instead of being excited, Sehun nearly had to pull himself in order to get to their meeting spot. Sehun was sure that Minzy would end things with him now. Kai had just professed his love for her after all. The guy she’s been in love with since forever…

Sehun groaned again as the thoughts in his head became darker and darker. How on earth was he going to face Minzy now?

Minzy walked up to Sehun and wrapped her arms around his waist, pulling him into a back hug and resting her head on his back. She could tell he was shocked since he tensed up right away, but once he had realized who it was, he loosened up right away. The both of them stayed in this position in silence until Minzy finally worked up the courage to speak her mind.

“…Sehun…” Minzy sighed and tightened her arms around his waist, burying her cheeks into his sweater.

Sehun braced himself for the next few words, getting ready to make sure that he’d be able to smile at her when she looked at his face. He knew that if he let real emotions out, it would only make it harder to let Minzy go.

“Sehun, I love you.” Minzy whispered these words, trying her best to convey that she had in fact, really meant it. As soon as the words that escaped through Minzy’s lips reached Sehun’s ears, he turned around and cupped Minzy’s face, making sure that what was happening wasn’t a dream.

“You… love me? Are you sure?” Although Sehun had been scared to ask, he had to make sure that she really understood what she was telling him. That she had chosen him over Kai.

Minzy paused for a moment before stepping back and lowering her gaze to the ground.

“I love you” Minzy repeated once more in order to reassure the boy in front of her. “I love you, but I can’t be with you, Sehun.”

The words that Sehun had so desperately been trying to avoid had finally been spoken. Sehun had wanted to smile at Minzy, and to tell her that it was alright. That he had understood her decision, but he just couldn’t. What was the point in her telling him that? Why did she tell him that she loved him? The hurt that Sehun was feeling had shown up clearly in his face as he was unable to take his eyes off of Minzy. Minzy was crying now, unable to hold back her tears. Why was she the one crying even though he was the one who got his heart broken? Sehun didn’t understand.

“…Why?” Sehun closed his eyes slowly as he tried to hold back his tears.

“I can’t… I can’t be with you while I’m still thinking about Kai. It’s like half of my heart is with you and the other half is sealed by Kai. I don’t know… I don’t—“. Before Minzy could finish her answer, Sehun turned around and walked away from her. That was all Sehun needed to hear. That she had still loved Kai. Even though Sehun knew it, it still hurt so damn bad hearing it out right like that.

---

Minzy walked herself home that day, something that she hadn’t done since she met Kai. It was hard to see where she was going, as she had been crying all whilst walking, but somehow she had made it home. She walked inside and sighed as she closed the doors behind her.

Hearing his sister walk through the doors, Youngjae called out to her from where he was sitting on the couch.

“Hey sis. Kai was sleeping outside so I brought him in. He’s in your room.”

Minzy flinched as she heard Kai’s name. Not wanting her brother to see her sorry state, she didn’t reply and instead just made her way to her room. As she arrived to her door, she could already hear the sounds of Kai’s breathes. Ever since they were children, Kai always had an unusual way of breathing while he slept. For some reason though,

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter