JongYu

Eidolon

 

Jonghyun tightened his coat around himself as he followed Minho to the entrance of some club. He was not at all in the mood; after the snowfall in the afternoon all he wanted to do was go home and change into his warmest and most comfortable pajamas and have a glass of brandy or rum;  but Minho’s whining and little rants had forced him to accept his offer to go and explore the new club a few streets away.

 

“Ready to have the time of your life?” Minho asked with a wink as they stopped in front of the dark entrance of the club.

 

Jonghyun rolled his eyes and pushed Minho inside.

 

-

 

Kibum let out a huge sigh as he sat down beside Jinki at the bar. “We have been here for only 15 minutes and I am already bored.”

 

Jinki snorted. “What? Didn’t find anyone to your liking?”

 

“Too young and immature.” Kibum groaned. He took a sip of the drink he had ordered. “Oh god, please send help.”

 

University life was/is harsh on them. The countless assignments and tests they had written till now and the more that were to come, and gawd, they didn’t even want to mention the impending internship. They took to pampering themselves to let go of the suppressed stress inside. However they didn’t have the means to keep pampering themselves and hence gratified themselves with chance encounters with individuals who didn’t mind indulging them. And soon they were known as ‘gold diggers’ on the campus.

 

“Hey Bum! Hey!” Jinki smacked Kibum a few minutes later and gestured towards the entrance. “God heard you.” he smiled slyly.

 

Kibum whistled as his eyes settled on the two very handsome, and very rich (judging from the clothes and the accessories) men. “The tall one is mine.” he claimed.

 

“Good.” Jinki smirked as he eyed the shorter of the two men.

 

-

 

“Need some company?” Jinki asked as they entered the booth the two men had settled in.

 

“Sure, why not.” The taller one smiled and gestured to the leather couches.

 

Jinki sat down opposite the shorter man, his eyes never leaving the other’s as Kibum introduced them. Jonghyun he mouthed slowly after Minho-the taller one-had introduced himself and his friend. He smiled when he saw Jonghyun blush. What an interesting man.

 

Jinki’s eyes widened when Jonghyun disclosed his age. Thirty. . Jonghyun didn’t look thrity at all. In fact he looked younger than Jinki. His fluffy hair, smooth skin, the little wrinkles that adorned his eyes whenever he smiled and oh his voice. Jonghyun was definitely the most handsome and beautiful man he had met.

 

His admiring unsettled when he saw Kibum get up from his seat. “Hey Minho wanna dance?” Kibum asked.

 

“Sure why not.” Minho said as he took Kibum’s outstretched arm and led him to the dance floor.

 

Jinki placed his glass on the table softly as he got up. “Wanna dance too?” he offered Jonghyun.

 

Jonghyun bit his lip as he followed Jinki onto the floor.

 

-

 

Jonghyun could feel a slight haze emerge around the corner of his mind. He couldn’t pinpoint what exactly was the cause for it. Was it the alcohol? Was it maybe all the dancing? Was it the heat that travelled through his body starting from right were Jinki held his waist? Maybe, maybe it Jinki himself, his whole being that was causing this haze, increasing the intoxication with every second.

 

His eyes settled on Jinki again. Those plump lips, those dark eyes pulling him right in. “Jinki?” he called as he leaned up, his eyes resting on Jinki’s lips.

 

Jinki closed the remaining distance between them as he met him halfway, their lips merging together and moving along to the beat of their hearts.

 

-

 

The next morning Jonghyun woke up curled against Jinki. Jinki’s warm scent reminding of the night before and he felt his cheeks heat up.

 

Jinki hummed as sleep completely left his mind. He lay like that, all snuggled up with Jonghyun for a few more minutes waiting for his alarm. Once he heard it, he detached himself from Jonghyun’s side.

 

Jonghyun watched Jinki move around the room, collecting his clothes and eventually get dressed up.

 

Jinki smirked when he saw Jonghyun’s eyes still lingering on his body. “Missing me already?” he teased. He picked up Jonghyun’s phone from the bedside table, entered his number and gave himself a call. “Call me if you miss me.” he winked.

 

-

 

And miss he did. He found himself sending Jinki a message two hours later as he got dressed for work.

 

“Who is it?” Kibum asked as Jinki checked the notification.

 

“Jonghyun.” Jinki smiled as he texted back a quick reply.

 

“Ohhh so I take it that you like him. But he isn’t exactly your type?” Kibum questioned.

 

Kibum’s question brought back memories, moments of passion, moments of fondness and yes, he realized, that Jonghyun didn’t exactly fit the ‘type’ of people he usually was involved with.

“There’s something different about him.” Jinki said as his mind pictured Jonghyun’s smile. “He makes me want to take care of him, protect him, and not the other way round. And...I think i quite like that feeling.” Jinki shoved his phone back into his pocket as he got up. “What about Minho?”

 

“The best of them all.” Kibum winked making Jinki laugh.

 

-

 

Fast forward to a month and Jinki and Jonghyun were in a relationship. They went on numerous dates once Jinki’s winter break began and in fact Jonghyun had asked Jinki to stay with him for his break instead of the dorms.

 

“Ahh hurry up.” Jinki whined impatiently. “It’s so cold, hurry up.” Jinki shuffled closer. As soon as the door opened Jinki ran inside making Jonghyun smile.

 

“Why don’t you wear a coat?” Jonghyun asked as he got rid of his own layers.

 

Jinki placed the remote to the heater back onto the table. “Don’t have one.” he said as he headed inside the kitchen. “Do you want hot chocolate?” Jinki asked.

 

“Yes please.” Jonghyun called out. “And don’t forget the marshmallows.”

 

“You really are thirty years old right?” Jinki teased making Jonghyun blush.

 

“Shut up.” Jonghyun said as he settled down on the couch, a huge grin on his face as he waited for Jinki to join his side.

 

-

 

Jonghyun had invited Jinki to spend christmas with him. They had a quiet dinner in one of the many fancy restaurants that Jonghyun liked and were soon back home upon Jinki’s protests and whines that ‘he was going to freeze to death.’

 

“Ooohh is this for me?” Jinki pointed to a few bags sitting on Jonghyun’s bed.

 

“Yes they are.” Jonghyun said shyly. “Merry christmas Jinki.” he kissed Jinki softly.

 

“Hey hey hey, no fair. I don’t see any mistletoe.” Jinki chuckled as he settled down on the bed and pulled the bags towards him.

 

He smiled fondly at Jonghyun’s gift. He had gotten a coat, a woollen hat which had cute bear ears on it and matching mittens, and some other random clothes.

 

“This is so cute.” Jinki exclaimed as he put on the hat. “But,” he pulled Jonghyun down on the bed beside him, “this suits you more than me.” and he put the hat on Jonghyun. “Aww just look at. You look so cute.” Jinki cooed.

 

Jonghyun blushed, nevertheless he narrowed his eyes as he tackled Jinki down to plant kisses all over his face.

 

-

 

“I’m back.” Jinki called out as he closed the door behind him. He placed his bag on one of the kitchen stools and padded into the living room where Jonghyun was watching tv. His heart skipped a beat when he saw Jonghyun all cuddled up in his sweatshirt and boxers that he had accidently left behind. He looked so cute wearing Jinki’s oversized clothes, Jinki was swooning.

“Why are you wearing my clothes?” he asked as he settled down beside Jonghyun on the sofa.

 

“Because I missed you.”

 

“Aww Jonghyunnie.” Jinki cooed.

 

“Hey! I am older to you, show me some respect.” Jonghyun blushed, making Jinki smirk.

 

Jinki leaned in, slowly pushing Jonghyun down on the couch, his lips trailing along Jonghyun’s neck. “Do you really want some respect daddy?” he asked.

 

Jonghyun rolled his eyes at the nickname Jinki sometimes used to , but nevertheless gave in to Jinki’s insistent kiss. He really ought to show who was the eldest soon.