JongYu

Eidolon

(Prompt: Can you do a jongyu au, where Jonghyun is a cute, adorable nursery school teacher and Jinki is a rich, hot business men who's wife is dead or divorced and Jinki's child is in Jonghyun's class and the child loves Jonghyun a lot he calls Jonghyun "mommy.

In the end Jinki and Jonghyun fall in love.... )

 

“Kibum!” Jinki called for his son. “You’ll be late for school!” he said glancing at his watch. “And you’ll make me late too.” he muttered.

 

He ran up to his son’s room when he got no response. Was he hurt? Was he stuck? He breathed a sigh of relief when he saw his son lying down on the bed, scribbling on a paper as he hummed.

“Bummie, what are you doing?” he asked as he sat down on the bed.

 

“Dad!” Kibum squealed delightfully and sat down in his father’s lap. “I was making  card.” he grinned as he showed Jinki the card.

 

“A card?” Jinki asked bemused, as he went through the messy yet adorable drawing of a man, something that resembled an animal and a brown slab which Jinki guessed might be cake.

 

“Yes.” he said proudly. “Card for Hyunnie, it’s his budday.”

 

“Really?” Jinki asked as he picked Kibum and took him downstairs.

 

Kibum nodded as he adjusted himself in his father’s embrace.

 

The image of a young, relatively cute, pink haired man popped up in his head. He had seen him around the kindergarten on many occasions, picking up and dropping the kids. He was formerly introduced to him in the parent-teacher meeting.

 

“It’s a really cute card. He will like it.” Jinki ruffled Kibum’s hair. “But you can only give it to him if we leave. So are you ready?” Jinki asked after he had tied Kibum’s shoe-lace.

 

“Ahm-hm.” Kibum nodded. “Did you pack my cookies and juice?” he asked.

 

“Yes I did, young man. Now let’s be off.”

 

-

 

Jonghyun was outside waiting to pick up the kids when Jinki and Kibum arrived.

 

Once Kibum was out of the car he ran to Jonghyun. Jonghyun picked up the bouncy four-year-old before he could injure himself or the other kids around him.

 

“Hey, hey, don’t run off like that.” Jinki said. “What if you get hurt?”

 

“Yes bummie, you shouldn’t run off like that.” Jonghyun said. He smiled shyly in greeting.

 

“Here.” Jinki handed over Kibum’s bag. “And I heard it’s your birthday today. Happy birthday.”

 

“Thank you,” Jonghyun smiled modestly. He let go of Kibum, who was trying to jump out of his hands and into his father’s.

 

Jonghyun saw Kibum whisper something to Jinki, making Jinki smile. Jinki gave his son a goodbye kiss, before informing Jonghyun that he would come in the evening to pick Kibum up.

 

-

 

“Thank you Kibum.” Jonghyun said as he took the card. “Hey you even drew Roo!” Jonghyun exclaimed.

 

“You like it?” Kibum asked as, his eyes glistening with eagerness and excitement.

 

“Yes, it’s really cute!” Jonghyun ruffled Kibum’s hair. “Thank you Bummie.”

 

“Yayyy!”

 

“Shh,” Jonghyun shushed him when the other kids looked up from their books.

 

“I have a suppise for you Hyunnie.” Kibum sang as he let Jonghyun him back to his seat.

 

“What surprise?”

 

“I won’ tell.” Kibum grinned as he sat down.

 

-

 

After work ended Jinki took a little detour on the way to the kindergarten to prepare for Kibum’s surprise for Jonghyun.

 

After his divorce his life was a mess. Kibum wasn’t even a year old and the fact that his son would grow up without a mother crushed his heart. Hereafter he had made a resolve to bring Kibum up in the best way he could, shower him with all his love, see to his every need and desire, give him the whole world if asked.

 

As Kibum grew up he never asked for his mother except for the one time he had asked Jinki where his ‘mommy’ was. Jinki didn’t want to lie to that poor soul, give him false hope and he replied with a simple answer saying he didn’t have one. Kibum had simply shrugged it off and continued playing with his cars and dolls.

 

When Kibum joined Kindergarten, ‘Hyunnie’ was a name he heard everyday. Kibum would recite all his day’s happenings as Jinki made dinner for them, telling him what he did with Jonghyun. Jinki was curious, his son rarely talked to any grown ups except his grandparents, but now he had taken a huge liking for Jonghyun.

 

Once Jinki saw Jonghyun he knew why Kibum liked him so much. His easy smile, playful yet caring behaviour, the utmost attention with which he listened to each and every kid, no doubt Jonghyun was well liked by all the kids.

 

If Jinki was being true to himself, he would admit that Jonghyun was completely his type. Big adorable eyes, beautiful smile and the perfect height to cuddle. But he wouldn’t admit that. He didn’t want to make things awkward and spoil everything for his son.

 

-

 

Kibum ran to his father when he saw Jinki come in. “Didchyu get it?”

 

“Yes I did.” he chuckled at his son’s excitement.

 

“Come, let’s suppise him.” he dragged his father inside to where Jonghyun was.

 

“Oh you’re here!” Jonghyun said when he saw Jinki come in. “What is it Kibum?” he asked when he saw eagerness and excitement reflect in Kibum’s eyes.

 

“Suppise!” Kibum squealed and Jinki revealed the cake he had brought.

 

“Wow! Is this for me? Did you plan this?” he asked as he let Jinki put the cake down on the table.

 

“Ahm-hm it’s your budday, you cut cake.” Kibum grinned as he ran to get a stool to stand on.

 

“You really didn’t need to.” Jonghyun said, humbled by the surprise.

 

“Oh come on,” Jinki waved Jonghyun off as he helped his son get the stool.

 

Once everything was set, they gathered around the table, singing, as Jonghyun cut the cake.

 

Jonghyun helped Jinki pack Kibum’s bag. “Thank you so much, this little ‘suppise’ made my day.” he said as he gave Kibum a goodbye kiss.

 

Jinki smiled at the humble man. “We are glad.” His smile widened when he saw the other man get flustered, a beautiful pink coloring his cheeks as they held gazes.

 

“I’ll see you around.” Jonghyun said quietly as he followed Jinki outside.

 

-

 

The following week Jonghyun was met with a peculiar request from Jinki. He had been asked to babysit/look after Kibum for the weekend as he had a meeting out of town, and his parents were out of town too.

 

Jonghyun agreed without any hesitance, lately he had found saying no to Jinki difficult. Like when Jinki had asked him for his number he gave it away easily not even asking why. He and Jinki started exchanging messages, started out with a simple ‘how do you make deep dish pizza?’ to questions about their likes and dislikes, which eventually led Jinki to ask Jonghyun out on a date (?) (Jonghyun totally believed it was a date! They had gone for a concert and had had dinner and a few drinks!)

 

Hence on Friday evening, Jonghyun went along with Kibum when Jinki had come to pick them up. Jinki gave Jonghyun a brief tour of their apartment and was out after a few big sloppy kisses (for Kibum) and smiles; smiles grateful and smiles that had something more hidden in them (for Jonghyun).

 

“So bummie, what do you wanna eat?” Jonghyun asked as he set about making dinner for himself and Kibum.

 

“Pasta!” Kibum cheered as he followed Jonghyun into the kitchen and insisted on becoming his little help like he did for his father.

 

-

 

“Off to bed with you!” Jonghyun roared as he swooped Kibum up from the couch where he had planted himself along with his cars and dolls.

 

Kibum chuckled as he wriggled in Jonghyun’s hold trying to escape. Half an hour later, Jonghyun had successfully tucked Kibum into bed and was off to make his own. Jinki had told him he could use the guest room or his own room or any room for the matter, where he was comfortable to sleep.

 

Unknowingly Jonghyun found himself in Jinki’s room, going through his collection of CDs and books. He found a book that piqued his interest. As it had began to rain, he decided to take the book down and settle down on the small and cozy couch beside the window. Few pages into the book, a loud thunderclap was followed by Kibum’s distressed wails and Jonghyun abandoned everything as he ran up.

 

“Hey, hey, I’m here.” Jonghyun said soothingly as he sat down beside Kibum on the bed. “It’s alright, I’m here.” Jonghyun shushed him as he let Kibum snuggle into him.

 

“Thunner so scary.” Kibum hiccuped into Jonghyun’s chest.

 

Jonghyun laid Kibum down on the bed, slipping in under the covers beside him and pulled Kibum towards him again. “Shall I tell you something about thunder?” Jonghyun asked Kibum.

 

Kibum nodded, he moved back a bit so he could look at Jonghyun’s face.

 

“So Kibum, when we switch on the tubelight, the switch makes ‘click’ sound right?” he waited for Kibum to nod. “Just like that, when it rains, it becomes dark right? So, God switches on this big, very big light, and that is why we hear the noise and see the light.” Jonghyun explained, trying to ease the fear of the young mind.

 

“R-really?” Kibum asked. He turned towards the window, waiting for the thunder again. Another loud thunderclap, but Kibum didn’t cry this time, but he was still peeved and stuck to Jonghyun. Jonghyun ran his fingers through Kibum’s hair, trying to put him back to sleep.

 

-

 

“You’re up early,” Jonghyun said as he set the newspaper aside and let a sleepy Kibum climb into his lap. They sat like that for a while, Kibum pressed against Jonghyun’s chest as he went through the paper.

 

“Hyunnie?” Kibum asked softly.

 

“Hmm?”

 

“Can I call you mommy?” Kibum asked.

 

“Mommy?” Jonghyun asked, taken aback.

 

Kibum nodded. “Yes, Min said mommy is someone who plays with you and cooks and sings and tells you rhymes and makes the monsters go away. Daddy does that too, but he is daddy. So can I call you mommy?” he asked as he played with Jonghyun’s earlobes.

 

Jonghyun felt his cheeks heat up. He found himself speechless at the request and the big adorable eyes with which Kibum looked at him. He smothered Kibum with kisses instead, trying to dodge the question. “Come, let’s make some breakfast for ourselves,” he said and he carried Kibum with him to the kitchen.

 

The whole day was spent lazing around in front of the television or reading books or playing hide n seek. After dinner, Kibum dragged Jonghyun to his room where they snuggled in again.

 

-

 

The next morning as Jonghyun stepped out of the shower, he found Kibum waiting for him outside the bathroom door. “Hey!” Jonghyun greeted him as he picked him. He shook his head, the stray droplets of water making Kibum smile. “I think you need a bath too.” Jonghyun said sniffing loudly making Kibum squeak as he tried to escape. “No, young man, you need to have a bath right away.” and he carried Kibum into the bathroom.

 

As Jonghyun dried Kibum’s hair, he heard the front door beep open. He heard Jinki call out to them and was soon in Kibum’s room.

 

“Hey baby.” Jinki said as he engulfed Kibum in his embrace, giving small kisses all across his face. “I hope you were a good boy.” he narrowed his eyes playfully.

 

“I was a good boy daddy, you can ask mommy.” Kibum smiled gleefully as he held out his hands for Jonghyun to pick him up.

 

“Mommy?” Jinki as bewildered, looking from Kibum to Jonghyun and back to Kibum.

 

“Daddy, can I call Hyunnie Mommy? Please?” Kibum asked his father.

 

“I..yes of course you can call him mommy as long as he does not mind it.” Jinki said as he ruffled Kibum’s hair. His words were having an obvious effect on Jonghyun, he was surprised yet flustered and seemed a tad bit confused- Jinki thought he seemed absolutely adorable like that.

 

“Why don’t you go in for a bath?" Jonghyun spoke, putting on a nervous, flustered smile as he changed the topic. "Bummie wanted to make pancakes, right?”

 

“Yes daddy! I am making pancakes today!” Kibum exclaimed.

 

“Okay fine,” Jinki chuckled, “just don’t burn down the house.”

 

-

 

Breakfast was really awkward because Jonghyun was not meeting Jinki's eyes at all. After a while of Kibum's litle game, Jinki saw Jonghyun to the door. The boy had only let go of him after numerous promises of playing together at kindergarten and dropping by later on holidays.

 

“Thank you so much for everything, Jonghyun.” Jinki said as he led Jonghyun out.

 

Jonghyun smiled a little, shrugging. “Well I enjoyed myself too, so…”

 

Jinki leaned down, closing the distance between them as he whispered right into Jonghyun’s ears, “Well I’ll see you around then, mommy.” and he kissed Jonghyun on his cheek, leaving him a bewildered, bright flustered mess.

 

Jonghyun caught hold of Jinki’s wrist before he could turn away, “What does it mean?” he asked softly. “Kibum calling me his ‘Mommy’? Are you okay with it? What does it make us then?” .

 

Jinki looked at the tensed, hopeful eyes gazing into his, unwavering, searching. He cleared his throat, trying to put his feelings into words, “I..I..Jonghyun..”

 

Jonghyun found his answer in Jinki’s eyes, his stutter and the shy smile that adorned Jinki’s handsome face. “Do you like me? Like, you know like me?” he asked finally.

 

Jinki exhaled. “God, I’ve liked you since the moment I saw you. I’ve liked you since the time I saw you playing with the kids, that beautiful smile on your face, the way your eyes lit up. I’ve liked you for a while and now, I think I feel something more.

 

“I like you too Lee Jinki.” Jonghyun smiled, he pulled Jinki down a bit to plant a soft kiss on his cheeks.

 

-

 

A week later Jinki officially asked Jonghyun out on their first date. He took Kibum and Jonghyun out for dinner, his heart melting and falling even more Jonghyun when he realized how well they all fit each other. Jonghyun was perfect for him, perfect for his little boy too.

 

That night, seeing that Kibum had fallen asleep, Jinki quietly sneaked out of his car and followed Jonghyun. “Jonghyun!” he called out before Jonghyun entered his apartment complex.

 

Jonghyun turned around surprised, he instinctively searched his pockets, “Have I forgotten something?” he asked when Jinki came nearer.

 

“Yes you did.” Jinki pulled Jonghyun closer, his lips a breath away from Jonghyun’s, “You forgot the most important thing,”  and he kissed Jonghyun.

 

Their first kiss was sweet and filled with passion, and Jinki knew then, everything was perfect.

 

-

 

They dated discretely, trying to keep it a secret from Kibum, fearing the boys reaction to their relation, but a month later it all came to an end. One morning, Kibum had woken early unbeknownst to both Jinki and Jonghyun and had walked on them making out on the couch. They pulled apart immediately when they heard Kibum call out to them. Jonghyun excused himself to the kitchen as he let Jinki clear up their situation.

 

After Jinki was done explaining, all Kibum did was shrug and inform him that he knew mommies and daddies liked each other and went to help Jonghyun in the kitchen, leaving Jinki baffled.

 

-

 

Jonghyun eventually moved in, fitting in perfectly like Jinki had imagined. He didn’t know the presence of just one person could make such big difference in his life and he cherished Jonghyun with all his heart.

 

“Bummie! Jonghyun!” Jinki called out. “We’ll all be late if you both don’t come down now.” When he didn’t get any response he ran up the stairs to Kibum’s room.

 

“Boo!” Kibum shouted loudly as soon as his father came into the room.

 

Jinki swore at that. He saw Kibum and Jonghyun come out of their hiding place, mischievous smiles intact on their faces.

 

“Daddy is a scaredy-cat!” Kibum teased.

 

Jinki narrowed his eyes at his son. “Off with you.” and he handed Kibum his bag. Kibum teased his father again and ran out of the room laughing.

 

“And you,” Jinki cornered Jonghyun, “Don’t think you’re off the hook. I’ll deal with you specially tonight.” he stole a kiss from Jonghyun before pulling him down the stairs.

 

 



A/N:

Ahh this is so late ^^'

 

Hope you all like it ^-^