JongYu

Eidolon

 

Jonghyun set down his laundry basket in front of the dryer as he hummed along to the song playing on his shuffle. All he needed was to put his laundry in the dryer and his chores for the week day would be done.

 

There was a momentary pause in his humming when he felt something soft in the machine. A sweatshirt, a Captain America sweatshirt at that. He admired the red and white stripes and the star at the front for a few more seconds before folding it neatly. From the looks of it, it looked costly and he knew he had to somehow get it to it’s owner, if he left it there in the college’s laundromat it would be gone within a few minutes.

 

After the cycle was done, he removed all his clothes from the machine and went back to his room in the dorm, the Capt. America sweatshirt sitting proudly on top of the pile.

 

He immediately got down to work after placing every cloth where it belonged and started making posters for the sweatshirt. He then spend half an hour searching for his colors so that he could color the sweatshirt he had drawn.

 

He made about 20 signs and retired to bed.

 

-

 

The next day he roamed around the college putting up the posters he had made and even dragged Taemin into helping him.

 

-

 

A week passed and there was no response for the sweatshirt. Taemin told him to sell it and they could go out for a movie or something. Jonghyun decided to hold on a little while longer.

 

-

 

It was Friday night, the night he had decided to marathon the marvel series. His gaze fell on the sweatshirt that lay on the corner and he grinned to himself. He put on the sweatshirt and admired himself in the mirror. Though the sweatshirt was a bit loose it was perfect for him, the perfect size to get all cuddly on Friday nights.

 

Not three minutes into his first movie he heard insistent knocks on his door, he groaned as he paused the movie. He peeked out to find a guy with disheveled hair and flushed cheeks holding up one of the posters he had made. Everything about the guy screamed handsomely cute.

“Yes?”

 

“Uhh the missing sweatshirt, it’s mine. It said to find you here.” and the guy waved the poster.

 

“Oh yes, yes.” Jonghyun exclaimed as he stepped aside and opened the door wider, letting the other man in.

 

Jonghyun’s eyes widened when he saw Jinki check him out and he realised he was wearing the sweatshirt.

 

“I’m so so sorry.” Jonghyun said as he immediately began ping the sweatshirt. “There was no response for a week so I thought it didn’t belong to anyone.”

 

The other guy chuckled, “It’s alright, you can wear it. I had gone back home for a week, came back a few hours ago and found these posters everywhere.” He held out his hand, “I’m Jinki by the way.”

 

“Jonghyun. I’ll wash it and give it back.” Jonghyun said as he bit his lip.

 

Jinki waved it off, “It looks good on you and I have another one too, so it’s alright.” he ended with a shrug.

 

“But still, it doesn’t feel right.” Jonghyun insisted.

 

Jinki’s gaze lingered on the paused screen of the shield covered in ice, a big bowl of popcorn and stopped on the flustered adorable guy in front of him. “Then, why don’t you invite me to your movie marathon?”

 

Jonghyun found himself blushing at the shy smile Jinki had offered and invited him to his movie marathon.


Who knew holding on to the sweatshirt for a while longer would lead to the beginning of something this Captivating.

 


A/N:
If it isn't anymore obvious, Captain America is my fav avenger ♥