JongYu

Eidolon

 

Everything was such a blur. He did not even know for how long he had been like this. He did not know who he was, what he was. He had tried to wander for his answers...but he could not. He had no will over his presence, over his steps. It felt like he did not exist at all...and as time passed by, he realized, that in fact, he did not.

 

-

 

He met another like him, faint bodied, fading away into the surroundings, invisible to all, permeable to everything, restless and aimless. But when he was asked his name, his tongue rolled of its own accord.

 

Jinki.

 

And that was when he finally burst out with his questions.

 

“You are stuck here because your heart is stuck somewhere.” Was the answer he got.

 

Jinki could not comprehend what those words meant, but before he could have asked further, they drifted apart, for neither of them could stray away from the intangible chains that decided their path.

 

-

 

Jinki began to search for what his heart was stuck in. He could not wander as he willed, his steps would force him to take paths, like he was following something, someone and when he realized it, he stopped and focussed, finding a figure who had been before his eyes from when he could remember seeing- a young short man, walking dully in layers of coats with slouched shoulders.

 

Bits and pieces began to flash before him, disappearing and arising like smoke in his view, bits and pieces of himself, bits and pieces of the one before him.

 

Soon everything disappeared from his view, everything else tangible blurred out; only he remained before him and he finally realized.

 

It had been him that he had been following blindly, it had him he could not stray away from.

 

He felt something within him tighten, twist and ache and it was then he found his answers, of what he was, why he was, where he was.

 

His heart was stuck in him.

 

-

 

Jonghyun.

 

The name came to him the moment he thought who this man could be.

 

He did not know what to do next.

 

He just kept following him, watching him.

 

Something in him kept twisting tighter and tighter the more he watched Jonghyun, making him surer that he had been in love, he still was, and so was Jonghyun, so much that he could not cope up.

 

There were times when Jonghyun sang and sang, sang till tears ran down his face, till his cries lulled him to sleep.

 

There were times Jonghyun just sat staring at nothing for hours.

 

There were times Jonghyun shivered uncontrollably in his sleep, times he would sweat furiously and wake up, shouting Jinki’s name.

 

There were times Jonghyun would send everything crashing to the ground, tear music sheets and photographs, only to sit later in a corner, trying to fix everything as he choked down his sobs.

 

Jinki hated everything of it...yet he could do nothing.

 

Every time Jonghyun broke down, Jinki would try to engulf him in his arms, in an attempt to console him, to tell him, “Don’t cry over me, Jonghyun, don’t cry over me.”

 

But he was unheard, unseen, helpless.

 

-

 

“I know it’s a dark cave and even though it’s far from heaven, maybe this could be my haven.”

 

Jinki felt tremors of familiarity run through him, flashes of himself penning those words down, flashes of Jonghyun that he reminisced. Those were words he had written for Jonghyun, a short verse he had never finished.

 

He settled near, looking upon the sheet in Jonghyun’s clenched fists as he struggled not to cry, trying to finish singing the verse. He finished it, despite his voice heavy and breaking and traced his fingers longingly upon the sentence written below the verse.

 

You are my haven, Jonghyun.

 

Jinki felt his sight burn at the effect the words were having on him. He felt burdened, pulled down, suffocated in what he was feeling, it was his love, it was his heart stuck in Jonghyun that was breaking seeing him like this.

 

He shifted his gaze back to Jonghyun who was now scrawling frantically on the other side of the sheet.

 

It’s getting worse and worse as I think deeper

I want to end it all, I want it over.

 

Jonghyun set the sheet aside and pulled open his drawer, and before Jinki could realize, Jonghyun was upon the floor along with a loud, piercing sound, bleeding, heaving...shedding the last of his tears.

 

The last thing Jinki heard before losing his own senses was, “I love you, Jinki.”





 

-

 

Jinki found himself wake again, in difference, in warmth.

 

Jonghyun was before him, devoid of tears, devoid of everything that had ached him, wearing a smile of pure joy, of precious love.

 

Jinki breathed heavily, like he had never breathed at all, pulling Jonghyun in his arms the very next moment, afraid, of what he did not know at all.

 

Jonghyun’s warmth and scent mingled with his own. His melodious laugh flitted the air and Jinki finally calmed, letting go, kissing him, weaving their hands together, promising him everything in his silence.

 

Jonghyun was more than his haven.

 

He was his heaven.

 

 


A/N:
Based on this JongYu video!

My exams are near but I really wanted this prompt to see the light of the day, but i was so caught up in everything that I couldn't give it a try :'(
Fayrenz gave it a try and I liked a lot ♥
She did more justice to it than I could have ^^'
Thank you ♥