JongYu

Eidolon

It was the first day, the first night actually of the camp. It had taken the whole day, for all the bands to get settled in their own cabins and as night fell, everyone was to be gathered in the hall where they had to introduce their bands.

 

Jinki was fatigued; he was the drummer of their band and his bandmates abandoned him when it was the time for moving his drum set. He stood behind Kibum, their vocalist, complaining about the heads he had for bandmates.

 

Kibum glared at him, shrugged him off his back and began mingling in the crowd, ‘socialising’ was what Kibum called it, but they all knew, he was scoping out their rivals.

 

Jinki watched Kibum talk to a pink haired, bubble guy and Jinki’s fatigue dissipated. He watched with interest how the ‘pink cutie’ talked animatedly with Kibum, smiling and laughing a lot.

 

“So how is the competition?” Jungshin, their guitarist asked once Kibum had comeback.

 

“Quite a few interesting ones this time.” he said as he smiled and bowed to the various other contenders who passed by him.

 

“What about him?” Jinki asked gesturing to his ‘pink cutie’.

 

“Hm Jonghyun? He seems the most interesting one. Straightway answered all sorts of questions I asked him...but I couldn’t find anything about his position in the band.”

 

“What did you ask him?” Minhyuk piped up.

 

“I asked him if he was gay.”

 

Jinki’s ears stood up at that. “And?” he prompted Kibum.

 

Kibum looked at Jinki wearily, “He said he’s open to any option.”

 

Jinki’s lips pulled in a small smile as he went back to watching Jonghyun.

 

-

 

“Hello everyone!” Jonghyun’s voice boomed through the speakers. “We are Pixie Lust!” There was a cheer and a lot of hooting from the crowd at the introduction. Jinki watched as Jonghyun introduced his band members one by one.

 

“And finally, I am Jonghyun, the vocalist.”

 

“The vocalist? Seriously?” Kibum muttered. “Can a guy as short as him can sing?”

 

Jinki ignored the snide remarks Kibum and the other’s were passing, his attention completely drawn to Jonghyun who was on stage.

 

-

 

The next morning Jinki woke up early and headed out for breakfast. He scanned the hall for a place to sit and his eyes stopped on Jonghyun who was sitting alone. “Hey.” he greeted with his best smile and sat down opposite him.

 

Jonghyun narrowed his eyes and as soon as recognition dawned on his face he smiled back too, “Jinki from The Black Lace?” he asked.

 

Jinki nodded back, his heart jumping in eagerness; Jonghyun had remembered his name from the introductions the night before. “You’re up early.” he commented.

 

“Have always been an early riser.” Jonghyun said, his eyes unwavering.

 

Throughout breakfast they talked about their schools their likes and dislikes, and all throughout Jinki found a spark of attraction in Jonghyun’s eyes.

 

“Wanna roam around the camp?” Jinki offered after they were done with their meal.

 

“Sure.” Jonghyun grinned.

 

They walked around camp, looking inside the grand hall where the competition was to be held and finally they stopped in front of the lake.

 

Jinki watched Jonghyun get rid off his shoes and socks and roll up his jeans as he sat down on the pier and let his feet soak in the cool water. He beckoned Jinki to do the same, who complied.

 

“You have an interesting band name. Pixie Lust.” Jinki wriggled his eyebrows suggestively at Jonghyun making him chuckle.

 

“It was a name we all decided upon when we were drunk. So we all just went along with it and got our hair dyed. Pink for me, violet for Taemin, blonde for Minho and red for Yonghwa.”

 

“Pink suits you.” Jinki complimented. He had seen Kibum with pink hair too, but Jonghyun looked the best.

 

Jonghyun smiled shyly. “You are quite handsome yourself.” he said, his eyes raking over Jinki sitting beside him.

 

“Wanna go in for a dip?” Jinki asked as he wiped sweat off his forehead.

 

Jonghyun grinned as he got up and easily got rid of his jeans and tee. He chuckled when he saw Jinki’s gaze fixed on him. “Hey come on!” he said as he pushed Jinki aside and jumped into the lake.

 

Jinki felt his face warm up. He undressed and joined Jonghyun in the water.

 

They played around a lot, splashed each other with water, had water fights and Jonghyun taught Jinki too float too.

 

Seeing both of them playing around in the lake many of the other kids joined them too.

 

“Jinki!”

 

Jinki turned around at Kibum’s voice.

 

“Come out, we gotta practise.” he said irritated.

 

Jinki rolled his eyes at that. If Kibum had cared about practise he would have woken up early and not at noon. “I gotta go.” he smiled sadly.

 

Jonghyun drew closer, “It’s alright.”

 

“I had a lot of fun. Thank you for giving a good start to my day.”

 

Jonghyun closed the remaining distance between them, as pushed himself against Jinki, smirking before  kissing him on the lips.

 

-

 

That afternoon the qualifying rounds were announced. A buzz grew in the camp as each and every group began preparing for it. When evening dawned, the stage was set up and the performances began.

 

“Holy !” Jinki sweared when he heard Jonghyun sing.

 

Jonghyun had a clear and distinct voice, a voice so mesmerising and full of emotions. “He can sing! Damn!” Jungshin said.

 

“Did you listen to the high notes? Woah!” Minhyuk exclaimed.

 

“.” Kibum said under his breath. He had underestimated Jonghyun.

 

-

 

“You look really hot when you play the drums.” Jonghyun said when Jinki sat down beside him.

 

It was the last night of the camp and a bonfire was constructed.

 

“And you have an amazing voice. Anymore secrets that you’re still hiding?” Jinki teased.

 

“I don’t know.” Jonghyun said coyly making both of them laugh.

 

“Wanna go for a walk?” Jinki suggested after while.

 

“Sure.” Jonghyun got up before Jinki and held out his hand for him.

 

Jinki took his hand and the walked, fingers entwined to the lake from before. “Oh!” Jinki stopped. “Congratulations for making it in.” he said.

 

“Congratulations to you too.” Jonghyun said with a smile and he sat down on the pier, watching the lake.

“You’re an interesting guy, a comfortable company.” Jonghyun said after some while. He turned towards Jinki beside him. “I think I would like to keep seeing you after the camp.”

 

“Good.” Jinki said shifting in closer. “Because I think I like you too.” He saw the smirk growing on Jonghyun’s lips, “A lot actually.” And this time it was him, crashing his lips onto Jonghyun’s passionately.

 

-

 

The next day Jinki was woken up by Kibum’s dreadful shouts, screaming at them all to get up for practise. During breakfast Jinki was disappointed when he didn’t find a certain pink haired pixie. He went about his makeup and dressing up with a solemn heart.

 

“So this is why you are called The Black Lace?”

 

Jinki turned around at Jonghyun’s smooth voice, his lips instantly pulling up in a smile.

 

“Not that I am complaining, I like it on you.” Jonghyun said as he ran his hand along Jinki’s black lace shirt.

 

“I think you would like it off me too.” Jinki’s smile turned sly.

 

Jonghyun chuckled, he pulled Jinki down to his height. “A good luck kiss.” he gave a soft kiss. “May the best man win.”

 

“Wait, aren’t you a pixie?”

 

Jonghyun hit Jinki, chuckling at his lameass attempt of cracking a joke and kissed the stupid grin on Jinki’s face.

 

They both were going home winners, no matter who won today anyway.