JongYu

Eidolon

 

"Hey! Hey!" Jonghyun hit Kibum impatiently.

 

"What?" Kibum snapped.

 

"Jinki is leaving!" He exclaimed, gesturing towards a familiar back in the crowd.

 

"So?" Kibum asked, his eyebrows contorted in annoyance. "Weren't you dying of hunger? Needed something desperately to eat?" His one foot was already inside the restaurant.

 

"Yes! But it won't be the same without Jinki!"

 

"What?" and Kibum got dragged by Jonghyun in the direction they saw Jinki leave.

 

---

 

"Why the am I getting dragged into this ridiculousness?" Kibum hissed as he hid beside Jonghyun behind the cars in front of the grocery store.

"If we get caught, I don't think I'd be able to show my face ever again!" he groaned.

 

Jonghyun rolled his eyes, who was the idol and who was the manager?

 

"He looks so handsome," Jonghyun sighed as he watched Jinki move through the few sections of the store. He was dressed in faded skinny jeans, paired with a plain black shirt which accentuated his broad and toned chest. An earring adorned his right lobe, his long hair was combed back and he wore a black hat to finish off the look.

 

They saw Jinki exit the store and they hurriedly hid behind the car when Jinki looked in their direction.

 

Jinki soon led them to a florist, and even surprise couldn't define what Jonghyun felt then.

 

"He's buying flowers!" he exclaimed, making Kibum jump.

 

Jonghyun pulled down his beanie and adjusted his scarf better when people turned towards them at Kibum's movement.

 

Kibum cursed under his breath and scooted closer to Jonghyun.

 

"Kibum! He's buying red roses!!" Jonghyun exclaimed, his tone rising. "Who can it be for?" a horrified expression marked his face.

 

"His lover?" Kibum suggested, looking here and there.

 

"From what I've researched he does not have one.”

 

“Wait, Jonghyun...have you been stalking Jinki? For goodness’ sake! You are an idol, people are supposed to stalk you, and not the other way around!”

 

Kibum’s words went unheard as Jonghyun was in his own Jinki-world, “Oh my god, did he meet someone in this past week?! I knew I should have visited at least once!” he whined.

 

"He's coming!" Kibum cut short Jonghyun's whining and they ducked out of the store.

 

They saw Jinki collect the small bouquet and leave the store, a small smile-wait or was it a smirk-shaping his lips.

 

They followed Jinki back to the restaurant. He turned into the little alley where the backdoor was situated.

 

---

 

"What would you like to order?" Taemin asked once Kibum and Jonghyun were settled into their booth.

 

"Spaghetti and meatballs," Jonghyun stated as he pulled off his beanie, his hand coming up to ruffle his silver strands. "You, Kibum?" he asked as he removed his sunglasses.

 

His attention was soon lost from Kibum's reply, when he saw the door to the kitchen open. Minho stood in the doorway, adjusting the dishes in the trolley before him.

 

He caught a glance of Jinki and he couldn't help but swoon at the sight. A chefs hat now sat on top of his head and an apron tied around his waist. He definitely was so so handsome.

 

"Hello? Mr Idol?" Jonghyun snapped back when he felt Taemin shake him up from his bliss.

 

"Stop ogling the chef. Idol or not it's disgusting wiping drool off tables." he warned.

 

Jonghyun felt the blush spread on his cheeks at Taemin's words, and drank the glass of cold water Taemin had just poured them.

 

"You are not his type," he heard Minho comment as he pushed the trolley past them.

 

Jonghyun failed to see the smug smiles that sat on Taemin as well as Minho's face as he busied himself on his phone, trying to not look that obvious.

 

Soon Taemin served them their dishes and they dug in. Along with extremely good looks Jinki was blessed with amazing cooking skills too.

 

As their lunch neared an end, Kibum began reciting Jonghyun's schedules for the rest of the day. But he soon drowned off his monologue when he saw Jinki leave the kitchen, with the bouquet he had seen him buy earlier in hand.

 

He saw Jinki greet the other customers on his way as he came nearer and nearer to the table he and Kibum sat at.

 

With every step Jinki took, Jonghyun could feel his heart flutter vigorously against it's cage, trying to run to the cause of its erratic beats.

 

"Hey!" Jinki greeted as he sat down opposite Jonghyun.

 

And like always all form of speech left Jonghyun whenever Jinki addressed him. He simply nodded in greeting.

 

"Finished?" Jinki asked with a smile.

 

Jonghyun nodded again. "Thanks for the delicious meal." he mumbled a few seconds later.

 

He heard Jinki chuckle, "You're welcome Jonghyun."

 

The flush that coloured Jonghyun was slightly less than the roses Jinki carried.

 

"These are for you, by the way." and Jinki gave him the small bouquet, "Congratulations on your 1st win."

 

Jonghyun couldn't help the squeak that escaped him when Jinki offered the roses. He saw Jinki's eyes twinkle as a smirk took over his face.

 

Jinki entwined his fingers with Jonghyun when Jonghyun was taking the bouquet from him, he leaned in closer as he whispered, "The next time you decide to follow, do not bring your manager along."

 

Jonghyun could feel his skin heat up wherever it had come in contact with Jinki's after Jinki pulled back.

 

Jinki traced his fingers along Jonghyun's wrist as he spoke, "Are you free tonight? How about we celebrate your win? I'm good at making desserts too. Honey Buns are my speciality." he wriggled his eyebrows, his eyes not leaving Jonghyun's.

 

Jonghyun nodded back hastily, as he felt his heart soar, it had finally escaped its cage.

 

Jinki placed a small card in Jonghyun's palm as he got up. Before leaving he leaned down pressing a chaste kiss on Jonghyun's cheek as he whispered, "Call me after you are done."


 

As Jonghyun drove to his next schedule he couldn't tone down the sheepish smile on his face as he looked at the card with a number and an address written on it. He wouldn’t need to stalk his crush anymore; and even if he did (minus Kibum), he knew it will definitely end up delicious- even more delicious than today.




 


A/N:
I enjoyed writing this xD