JongYu

Eidolon

 

 

Jinki could see the breaches, even though Jonghyun tried to hide it, he could see them, he would always see them. The cracks formed due to exhaustion, sleepless nights, frustrations and the worst, his own over-thinking mind would sooner or later widen and he couldn’t let that happen, he wouldn’t let that happen. He was prepared after all.

 

Jinki pulled Jonghyun aside after the recording was done, he excused themselves, stating they had a glitch in the schedule that they had to go over.

 

“What happened?” Jonghyun asked as he followed Jinki into the dresser room allotted to them.

 

“Here, change into these.” Jinki threw a small bag to Jonghyun.

 

“What schedule is this?” Jonghyun asked perplexed as he picked up the bag from the couch. “Jinki?” Jonghyun asked, his favourite Guns N Roses shirt and ripped jeans in hands.

 

Jinki turned back, adjusting the shirt he had changed into, a sly smile on his face, “Change first, I’ll tell you everything later.”

 

Though that incited Jonghyun’s curiosity even more he didn’t question further, trusting Jinki. When he was done Jinki pulled him in a hug, leaving a small kiss on his nose as he handed over a beanie to Jonghyun.

 

“Jin-”

 

“Shh. All in good time. Now let’s go before the others come.”

 

Jonghyun could hear his heart beat loudly with every quiet step they took towards the exit, he held the bag tightly against his chest, hoping that would quieten his erratic beats.


---

 

Once out, Jinki soon hailed a cab, “The airport, please?” Jinki asked and as soon as the door opened he ushered Jonghyun in and closed the door after him with a soft but resonating thud. He let out a breath, his resolve strengthening the moment the cab shifted into drive.

 

“Airport?” Jonghyun asked bewildered. “What is it Jinki? Why the airport?” He pinned down Jinki with one of his glares.

 

Jinki shuffled inside the bag he carried and pulled out their passports from the bag, his lips turned up in sheepish grin. “Let’s runaway!”

 

“Wait, what?!”

 

---

 

All through the way Jinki pacified Jonghyun, telling him that it was alright, that it was only a few days, and anyways their promotion period had come to an end, two or more recordings and that was it. But Jonghyun still kept arguing, saying what would the management think, the members too, they couldn’t be selfish. Jinki gave him a small peck then, telling him that in this way the others could get a breather too, they could finally get some time for themselves, that the management would have to cover it up, the absence of two would not go unnoticed.

 

Jinki could see the cogs and wheel turn faster behind Jonghyun’s eyes, soon he saw them close, the brown getting obscured by lined blankets and he let his head rest against Jinki’s shoulder,  as he snuggled into his side. He entwined their fingers and Jinki gave him a reassuring squeeze as he settled down comfortably against Jonghyun.

 

---

 

“Thailand.” Jonghyun read off from the ticket Jinki had handed to him as soon as they had arrived at the airport.

 

“You said you wanted to go, didn’t you?” Jinki asked as he led them to the check-in.

 

“Yeah,” Jonghyun sighed, “you wouldn’t stop, kept going on and on about what a lovely place it was.”

 

Jinki smiled as he put his arm around Jonghyun’s shoulder, “Let’s go then.”

 

---


 

When they stepped onto the airport free of any flashes and buzz, Jonghyun could finally feel the relief knead into his tense muscles. He followed Jinki out of the terminal to the taxi stand.

 

“Where are we staying?” Jonghyun asked after Jinki finished explaining the address to the driver.

 

Jinki replied with a boyish grin that made Jonghyun’s insides tingle.


 

---


 

“Where are we?” Jonghyun asked as he watched the taxi drive away from them. He looked around again, still not able take in the wilderness around him. “Jinki!” he exclaimed as he saw Jinki step onto the trail.

 

They walked for about half an hour when finally a small, a bit shabby lodge came into view.

 

“We are gonna stay here.” Jinki announced as he turned towards Jonghyun, his eyes gleaming with expectations.

 

Jinki greeted the old lady and settled in for the biggest room they had. Apparently Jinki had stumbled upon this small but humble aboard the last time he was here, and had promised the old lady that he would stay here the next time he came.

 

A little boy, the old lady’s grandson, led Jonghyun to their room as Jinki went to the kitchen to inquire about the dinner. As soon as he walked into the room he was distracted by the large window, he thanked the boy, dumped their belongings on the bed and headed towards his distraction. As soon as he opened the window he felt the warm air breathe color back into his cheeks. He felt a pair of sturdy hands envelope him from behind, and he leaned into the embrace knowing who it belonged to.

 

“You like it?” Jinki asked softly in between the gentle kisses he placed along Jonghyun’s neck.

 

Jonghyun nodded. “It’s beautiful.” Jonghyun could feel Jinki’s smile against his ear at that.

 

“It seems there’s a lot of time till dinner, so, why don’t we get a bath?” Jinki suggested. “And I found out there’s a convenience store along the main road, so what do you say? Hmm?”

 

Jonghyun turned around, pecking Jinki’s nose, “Let’s go.”

 

---

 

At the convenience store they bought all their toiletries as Jinki had forgotten to pack them in hurry, bought many things they found new and fascinating, a few cans of beer too as it was still warm outside. The owner of the store was patient and even helped them settle the bill.

 

When they came out they found a few girls waiting outside the store, and excited buzz around them. Jonghyun looked at Jinki, his eyes wide, when he realised that they had been recognised.

 

Jinki took Jonghyun’s hand in his, gave it a reassuring squeeze before he broke out into a run dragging Jonghyun along with him. Jonghyun did the mistake of turning around and immediately regretted it. He saw uniforms too, and he knew the company was onto them too now. He pushed in more energy into his legs, he didn’t want to go back.

 

After taking a few unexpected turns they had finally shaken off the chase from themselves. They hired a bike when they came across a stand.

 

“Don’t drop me, ‘kay?” Jonghyun said as he sat down behind Jinki.

 

Jinki chuckled as he accelerated, making Jonghyun slide closer to him and he felt Jonghyun’s hands wind around him.

 

They stopped a few times, asking around the way back to the lodge to the people who didn’t look at them suspiciously.

 

Jonghyun breathed a sigh of relief when they finally found themselves back on the now familiar road. He let go of Jinki, letting the summer breeze in between them, letting it warm up themselves more.

 

Jinki accelerated suddenly when he didn’t feel Jonghyun behind him. Jonghyun chuckled as he moved in closer, his arms taking up their previous position again, but this time with less vigour as they moved up Jinki’s chest, feeling the muscles underneath as he placed small kisses along the back of his neck.

 

Jinki leaned back, “Not now baby, and you even made me promise to take you back in one piece. I can’t concentrate like this.” Jinki felt jonghyun’s pout against his neck and he switched on the indicator, parking at the side. He turned around, capturing Jonghyun’s lips in a passionate kiss, “A little bit more and we’ll be there,” he breathed against Jonghyun’s lips.

 

Jonghyun nodded as he rested his head against Jinki’s shoulder.


 

When they reached the lodge Jinki ushered Jonghyun inside the lodge to get their clothes as he waited for him outside.

 

He then led them further inside the forestry, his hand tightly clamped with Jonghyun’s. They stopped when they came across the stream Jinki was searching for and soon stripped themselves and plunged into the warm water. They played around in the water till the beams of the sun that filtered through the leaves turned pink.

 

---

 

After their bellies had been filled they retired for bed, thanking the old lady again for taking them in on such a short notice.

 

Later in the night as they lay completely satiated, eyes looking into the others, legs entangled, fingers perfectly fitting against the others Jonghyun felt himself getting overwhelmed with feelings. He knew this wouldn’t last forever, they would have to go back soon, but he didn’t want to.

 

Jinki sensed the change in Jonghyun’s breathing and pulled him closer, his hand tracing circles along his back, comforting him.

 

Jinki placed kisses anywhere and everywhere his lips could find on Jonghyun, making the latter chuckle at the way Jinki’s lips tingled and tickled his skin.

 

“We can always run away again, you know?” Jinki whispered, a charming smile on his face.

 

Jonghyun smiled back, cuddling closer to Jinki, “Yes and I already can’t wait for the next time.”

 

 

 


A/N:
A few prompts before I completely immerse myself in college work! ;A;
Hope you like it ♥