JongYu

Eidolon

(Prompt: Can i have a jongyu story... where jonghyun is a poor (money) nerd and is cornered and bullied at school and onew is the new hot, cool, rich kid who is friends with the key, taemin, minho (something like the f4).

Jonghyun has a crush on onew but is too shy and scared to tell it and they end up becoming partners for the science project... jonghyun is protected by onew... they fall in love

You can put whatever you in the middle......

THANK YOU :-):-) )

 

“Hey! What’s going on over there?”

 

Jonghyun saw the bullies surrounding him disperse when they heard the shouts. Such cowards, he scoffed.

 

“Are you alright?”

 

Jonghyun nodded as he loosened his tie, damn that other guy had quite a grip on his neck. He blinked rapidly when he felt warm fingers caress his cheeks.

 

“Are you really alright? Why don’t you report them?” Jinki asked.

 

Jonghyun felt his cheeks warm up at the attention. He hadn’t expected Jinki to be the one to save him, again. “I’m fine.” he said when he still felt Jinki’s worried gaze on him.

 

“Report them okay? If I see them bullying you again I’ll report them myself.” he gave Jonghyun’s shoulders a squeeze and was on his way.

 

-

 

Jinki was the new kid and as soon as he had come in he had caused quite a stir in school. He was the son of a famous actress who had just come back from the States, and the only reason he had joined their school was because his mother wanted Jinki to maintain a low profile.

 

His good looks and charming personality had everyone talking about him and the most startling event was when he was chosen as the basketball team captain over Minho, the most athletic student of their school. Hence the next day everyone was even more astonished when they found Jinki sitting with Minho and his friends(Kibum and Taemin) for lunch.

 

The first time Jonghyun had met Jinki was when he was pushed up against the bathroom wall, his bag spilt on the floor. All because he finished his homework first, the other kids wanted him to do their work, like he would. He strongly refused and that led to such atrocious consequences.
That time too Jinki had fought the other guys off him and helped him carry his stuff to the locker. Jonghyun had thanked him and Jinki only let him go if he promised to report the kids.

 

-

 

“Jinki.” The loud and clear voice of their science teacher had everyone’s attention. “You are going to partner up with Jonghyun for the project.” she announced.

 

Jonghyun choked on his saliva upon hearing that. He saw Jinki smile and wave at him from across the class, he waved back tentatively.

 

After all the partners were assigned the teacher gave them permission to discuss their projects. Jonghyun removed his bag from the chair next to his when he saw Jinki approach him.

 

“Hey.” Jinki smiled as he sat down beside Jonghyun. “So what are we going to chose?” he asked as he gestured towards the board where topics for the projects were written.  “I know this doesn’t sound good or cool as a project but how about we do it on the physics of light?”

 

“I... Okay, let’s take that up as our project.” Jonghyun spoke a few seconds after contemplating.

 

“Really?” Jinki asked, a wide grin breaking out on his face.

 

“Yes.” Jonghyun couldn’t stop the smile that spread on his lips on the other’s excitement.

 

“I’ll see you in the library before going home then.”

 

-

 

“So I’ve searched around,” Jinki said as he waved the thin booklet in his hand when Jonghyun had settled down. “Here it says we could use various lens and filters to portray the physics of light,” Jinki handed the book to Jonghyun.

 

“Okay...but from where are you going to get the camera and the lens and the filters?” Jonghyun handed Jinki the book back. “We can’t spend too much.”

 

“No, no, don’t worry about that. I have all the equipment at home, so leave it to me. Photography is my mom’s hobby,” Jinki added when Jonghyun gave him a disbelieving look.

 

“Okay, then it’s decided. So we’ll meet tomorrow? Let’s set up the camera and begin the project?”

 

“No, tomorrow’s not possible. We’ve got a game tomorrow. How about on the weekend?” Jinki suggested.

 

“Where do you wanna meet up then?”

 

“How about your place if you don’t mind? I mean I can’t walk freely anywhere.”

 

“Uh okay sure. The weekend at my place it is then.”

 

“Give me your number so that if I have trouble finding your place I can call you.”

 

-

 

Came the weekend and Jinki carefully packed up the camera and the gears. Jonghyun had had him intrigued, he was a good student, didn’t have many friends, was bullied too but always maintained a strong front. He was shy, Jinki had noticed that, his red ears and cheeks hadn’t gone unnoticed by him. And the main reason behind his enchantment towards Jonghyun was his smile, though he had seen it once or maybe twice he found it to be the most beautiful thing he had ever seen. So he packed up and left home eagerly, hoping to see that smile again.

 

-

 

The door was opened by a small girl. “Who are you?” she asked.

 

“I’m Jinki, Jonghyun’s friend.” Jinki smiled at the little girl.

 

The girl nodded and ran inside screaming Jonghyun’s name. A moment later Jonghyun was at the door and Jinki had never expected this sight at all. Jonghyun’s hair was dyed silver and tied up, his nose and cheeks were red, his eyes were puffy and Jinki could still see a few tears behind his rimmed glasses.

 

Jinki followed Jonghyun to his room. “Were you crying?” Jinki asked hesitantly as he set the camera bag down.

 

Jonghyun gave Jinki a pointed look. “Yes! Obviously I was crying! Don’t you see my hair! It’s silver! Goddammit!”

“I’m sorry,” Jonghyun said a few seconds later as he sat down. “Sorry for bursting out on you like that, it’s not even your fault.”

 

“It’s alright,” Jinki sat down too, “You don’t look that bad.” he added with a smile.

 

Jonghyun shook his head, trying to refuse the heat that he could feel fill up his ears.

 

“Can I ask why?”

 

Jonghyun sighed, “My elder sister wanted to try out hair colors for her models-she’s doing fashion designing-and I’m stuck with this.”

 

Jinki hummed, “It suits you though, with your hair all tied up like this, you look cute.”

 

Jonghyun refused to look at Jinki after that. He pulled out the papers for their projects where he had written down all the theory. “So all we need now are a few pictures.” he informed Jinki as he handed him the papers.

 

“Right away.” Jinki said as he read through the papers. He took a few random shots of Jonghyun to adjust the shutter speed.

 

“Hey,” Jonghyun whined. “Delete them!”

 

Jinki grinned as he took a few more pictures of a whining and pouting Jonghyun.

 

“Jonghyun!”

 

“What is it?” Jonghyun asked as he opened the door. His little sister walked in with a tray laden with snacks. “Why are you bringing this? Where is noona?” he asked as he took the tray from his sister.

 

“She said if I did her work she’ll stitch a pretty dress for me. Wow, you have such a big camera.” she exclaimed and ran to Jinki.

 

“Want me to take a few pictures?” Jinki asked as he changed the lens. “How old are you?” he asked as he took a few snaps of her.

 

“I’m six,” she grinned as she held up six fingers and showed off her missing teeth.

 

“Thank you.” Jinki said after he had clicked a dozen more pictures of her.

 

She grinned at Jinki as she sat down beside him and munched on the snack she had brought. “Do you like Hyunnies’s hair? I tied it up for him.” she informed proudly.

 

“Oh yes. It’s really cute just like you.” and he pinched her cheek.

 

“Okay now shoo. Don’t trouble us now.” Jonghyun led her out.

 

Two hours later they were finally done with their project and only had to fair a few pages.

 

“What is it?” Jinki asked curiously when Jonghyun broke out laughing.

 

“You wrote Snail instead of Snell.” Jonghyun informed as he rolled laughing. “And there are so many other mistakes and you can’t draw for .”

 

Jinki felt his phone vibrate, ‘it’s not even that funny’ he muttered as he picked up the call. “Hey Minho.”

“No I don’t think I can come in for practise today.” he said as he watched Jonghyun still laugh. “I’m...I’m just busy. I’ll call you later.”

“Enough now Jonghyun.” he said as he kicked Jonghyun’s leg. “It isn’t even that funny.”

 

“Oh man, I haven’t laughed like this in ages.” Jonghyun said as he got up, wiping a few stray tears. “If you have to go, you can.” Jonghyun said a few seconds later. “I can finish this up by myself, and anyways all that is left is drawing and you can’t-”

 

Jinki couldn’t resist anymore and gave in to the sudden impulse of kissing Jonghyun’s smile. “Okay fine. I’ll see you at school then.” he packed up his camera bag and left.

 

That night Jonghyun refused to leave his room for dinner as the redness of his face wouldn’t tone down.

 

-

 

“Hey shorty!”

 

Jonghyun looked up from the book he was reading.

 

“Ooh!” he heard Kibum drawl. “I like the silver.” he winked at him.

 

“What do you want?” Jonghyun asked as he went back to his book.

 

“Well smarty-pants, if you’d checked your phone you’d know.” Taemin said.

 

Jonghyun immediately pulled out his phone from his bag, he had fourteen missed calls and twenty messages from Jinki. He felt his heart beat rise up.

 

“Jinki sent us as he is in practise now and he wants us to tell you that he’s going to wait for you in front of the school after his practise.”

 

-

 

Jonghyun felt his heartbeat quicken as he neared Jinki.

 

“I’m sorry about yesterday.” Jinki apologised. “If that is the reason why you’ve been ignoring me, I’m very very sorry. I promise something like that won’t happen again.”

 

Jonghyun felt his words catch up in his throat as he just watched Jinki.

 

“You...you don’t have to accept my feelings, forget everything that happened yesterday. But please at least let’s stay friends.” Jinki pleaded when there was no answer from Jonghyun.

 

“What if, what if I don’t want to forget what happened yesterday?”

 

Jinki’s eyes widened at that, “Jong-”

 

Jonghyun pulled Jinki down for a kiss. “I like you too Lee Jinki.” he confessed. “I wasn’t ignoring you, i had forgotten to put the ringer on.” he smiled sheepishly.

 

“Oh Jonghyun.” Jinki whispered against Jonghyun’s lips and pulled him in for another kiss.

 


A/N:
This sort of got out of hand ^^"