JongYu

Eidolon

 

At first Jinki thought it was fun teasing the student council president, seeing him blush, sometimes stammer cutely and hence he couldn’t stop himself. But a week later, he realised it was completely different reason why his heart beat faster everytime he crossed paths with him, everytime he looked his way, to the point that he was the only his mind thought about nowadays, but not their upcoming match.

 

---

 

It all started when the student council president, Jonghyun, had walked in during their practise session, informing that for the next two weeks they were shutting down the gym as they needed to prepare for the prom.

 

At the mention of the prom there was an excited buzz among Jinki’s teammates, but he couldn’t concentrate on anything but the fact that he wasn’t allowed to practise for two weeks.

 

The next day he visited the student council, jumped right in between their meeting, his ball in hand. He sat down in front of Jonghyun, his ball placed precariously on the papers on Jonghyun’s desk.

 

“Is there anything I can help you with?” Jonghyun asked fixing a smile on his face.

 

“Give me back the gym.” Jinki stated, resting his elbows on the desk.

 

Jonghyun sighed, “I told you, I can’t help you with that, we have to prepare for the prom, put up the decorations and a few floats, so no. The gym is off limits to everyone.”

 

“We have a big game two weeks from now.” Jinki said leaning in, his eyes narrowed down to slits in anger.

 

Jonghyun shrugged nonchalantly despite the blush spreading on his face due to the close proximity, “Best of luck for it then.” and he went back to the papers he was looking through.

 

Jinki swore under his breath, “What is your problem? Can’t you hold it somewhere else? Are you really gonna sacrifice the school’s pride, The Wild Boars, just for a stupid prom?”

 

Jonghyun blinked once, his gaze going back to the papers again, “Yes we are, and it might be stupid for you, but the prom means a lot to many of us.”

 

“Godammit.” Jinki slammed his fists on the desk, sending the eraser flying. “Are you really going to be such a...?” Jinki snarled.

 

Jonghyun didn’t bat an eyelid at that, “Jinki please take your y fit somewhere else. I told you in the morning, and I’m telling you again, the gym is off limits to everyone.”

 

Jinki got up, snatching his ball from Jonghyun’s table, scattering the papers. “See you around haughty shorty .”

 

---

 

Jinki fumed the next two days, practising his 3-pointers in his backyard, but as the days went by he felt his anger subside, the excited buzz of the prom drowning out his roars about the injustice he faced when his own team members were excited about the prom more than the game, discussing the girls and who was going to ask who. That day Jinki walked back home dejectedly, each step heavy with disappointment.

 

---

 

“Jinki!”

 

Jinki heard Jonghyun call out to him as he walked to his locker, “What is it shorty?” he asked. A part of him was still a bit angry at Jonghyun.

 

Jonghyun rolled his eyes, “Get over it already. And I told you it’s not my fault.”

 

Jinki shook his head, “What do you want?”

 

“Come with me!” Jonghyun exclaimed, pulling onto Jinki’s arm, he let go quickly when he realised what he had done.

 

“Why?”

 

“Just come already.” Jonghyun whined.

 

Jinki found himself giving into Jonghyun’s cute whine, that pout and those puppy eyes. He sighed as he closed his locker, he couldn’t even escape stating a practise as all his teammates were out ‘wooing’ their partners. “Fine.”

 

---

 

“You can practise here!” Jonghyun exclaimed when he showed Jinki their old ground. “I had forgotten about this, but then yesterday as I was closing the windows I realised I had been staring at the solution to our problem all this while.” he ended with a cute chuckle.

 

Jinki felt his heart race at that, he looked away from Jonghyun, taking in their old court, the one that they didn’t use even before he had joined. He felt his lips pull up in grin when his eyes landed on the basketball hoops.

 

“Thank you so much.” and he pulled Jonghyun into a hug, he let go when he heard Jonghyun clear his throat after a few minutes.

 

“So then truce?” Jonghyun asked as he extended his hand toward Jinki, his earlier blush intensifying.

 

Jinki chuckled as he shook Jonghyun’s hand, feeling that touch warm him up till his toes.

 

---

 

The next day Jinki gathered the boys and started up their much needed practise sessions. During their little break, his eyes landed on the large window in front of him. His eyes widened when he recognised an all too familiar silhouette beyond the window, Jonghyun. He ran up to the window, and knocked on it, attracting the reason for his distracted attention. He felt himself bashfully smile and wave when Jonghyun smiled at him shyly. He waved again when his teammates called him back.

 

And hence with each practise session Jinki felt his heart slowly escape through the small cracks in the window frame with each smile he shared with Jonghyun.

 

---

 

“Jinki? Hey Jinki?”

 

Jinki snapped out of the daze he had fallen into when Minho waved his hand in front of him. “Huh?”

 

“So who are you going to the prom with?” Minho asked again.

 

Jinki’s mind immediately conjured up an image of Jonghyun, he shook it off, clearing his throat before answering, “Haven’t thought about it yet, what about you?” he added quickly, changing the topic.

 

“Taemin.” Minho said, he sighed when he saw the confused expression on Jinki’s face, “The freshman I was telling you about.”

 

“Ohh him,” Jinki nodded, finally remembering the black haired freshman Minho had pointed out to him on numerous occasions.

 

“Yes him. What about you? Anyone caught your eye?”

 

Before Jinki could answer anything the ball was thrown their way, signifying the start of the practise.

 

---

 

Jinki bade goodbyes to the excited lot as they left chatting about their dates and the prom tomorrow night. As he cleaned up after his teammates his eyes found their way back to the lone figure sitting on the desk, Minho’s question coming back to his mind, ‘Anyone caught your eye?’ He picked up his bag from the ground, removing a book and a pen from it as he made way to the window. He stopped midway before knocking on the window, a million what if’s passing through his mind, but he felt his resolve strengthen when he saw Jonghyun pout, his heart beating in that special tune just reserved for Jonghyun. There was no harm in trying right?

 

He knocked on the window and Jonghyun immediately looked up, his face lighting up in a bright smile when his eyes met with Jinki’s. Jinki smiled back and opened his book, writing in it before lifting it up for Jonghyun to read.

 

“Will”

 

Jonghyun nodded, telling Jinki that he had read it.

 

“You”

 

“Go”

 

“To”

 

“Prom”

 

Jinki pointed to himself as he closed the book, his ears pink as he bit on to his lip shyly. He watched Jonghyun scribble something on a piece of paper and then walk towards him, standing in front of him, behind the window.

 

“Yes”

 

Jonghyun flipped the paper.

 

“But has anyone told you about how cheesy you are?”

 

Jinki chuckled, as he opened his book again.

 

“Well this is just the start.”


 


 



A/N:
Another update! :3
Highschool Au JongYu is ♥