JongYu

Eidolon

 

Jinki gasped when he felt a sudden weight on him, jolting him up from sleep.

“!” he heard a muffled curse, through his comforter.

Thief was what flashed in his head with red blaring sirens. Kibum had told him that no robberies occurred in the area-in the past 5 years that he lived that is-and now in his second week as Kibum’s flatmate, there was going to be robbery and he was going to be the victim.

 

He felt a bony knee dig in to his side as the man above him (judging from his voice) moved.
“Are you alright?”

 

What sort of a thief is this? He grunted in response, shifting around, his arms coming out of his comforter and clawing at the raider. A tight hold around his wrists stopped his assault and he tried kicking the mugger off him.

 

He felt the comforter being pulled from his face and his eyes closed at the sudden bright light. The thief had switched on the lights. He blinked hastily, adjusting to the light, to only peer into two big brown mesmerising eyes staring back at him.

 

“Who are you?” the stranger asked, settling down on Jinki’s hips, effectively stopping his futile attempts at kicking.

 

“Who are you?” Jinki retaliated, seizing up the man’s captivating eyes,his clear cut jaw and his a little too big nose. Now that he had a good look at him he didn’t look like a thief.

 

“This is my room.” the other said, crossing his arms across his chest, leaning down a bit.

 

“This is my room.” and Jinki said, the absurdity of the man’s statement leaving him blank for a few seconds.

 

“Kibum!” the other called out. Jinki joined him, calling out to Kibum too, ‘cause the other refused to budge from atop of him.

 

They heard rushed footsteps near and the door open, “What the is wrong?” Kibum asked, his voice groggy due to sleep.

 

“Who is this?”
 

“Who the is this?”

 

Kibum blinked the sleep away when he heard two voices. He ruffled his hair, sighing.

 

“You call out to me like that, just for this? I thought you were dying or something!”

 

“Kibum!” Jinki breathed harshly, getting his attention back to the situation.

 

“Jinki this is Jonghyun, and Jonghyun this is Jinki, my new flatmate.” Kibum said stifling a yawn.

 

“Excuse me,” Jonghyun said as he finally got up from Jinki and headed towards Kibum who stood in the doorway. “New flatmate?”

 

“Yes, a new flatmate.” Kibum gave him an annoyed look.

 

“Hello?,” Jonghyun said waving his hand in front of Kibum, “what about me?”

 

“What what about you?” Kibum said, leaning against the doorframe.

 

“I’m your flatmate, not him.” Jonghyun said pointing towards Jinki, who now sat up on his bed his comforter pooled around his waist, revealing his well toned torso, and Jonghyun had to do a double take.

 

Jinki watched the exchange between Kibum and Jonghyun, ignoring the way Jonghyun was looking at him. Was Kibum cheating him or something? Is that why the rent he paid was so so less? Was Kibum scamming him?

 

“One, a flatmate has to pay rent; two, a flatmate actually lives in the flat; unlike you who never pays and only comes a few nights in the week.”

 

“You can’t kick me out like this!” Jonghyun exclaimed.

 

Kibum shrugged as he retreated from the doorway.

 

Jinki followed both of them down to the kitchen- his fate depended on this.

 

“Kibum!” he heard Jonghyun whine. Jinki sat down on the kitchen stool, accepting the cold glass of water Kibum offered him.

 

“What do you want me to do Jonghyun? Kick him out?!” Kibum exclaimed incredulously, gesturing towards Jinki,  “Cause you finally show up after a month?!”

 

“Yeah! Ki-”
 

“No, Jonghyun, and I actually like him better than you.” Jinki couldn’t help the smug smile that came up on his face.

 

“What if I pay?” Jonghyun asked, his eyes lighting up with hope.

 

Kibum thought for a while, his gaze shifting from Jonghyun then to Jinki and back to Jonghyun, a smirk shaping his lips. “Then you can room up with Jinki.”

 

“What?” Jinki finally spoke up at Kibum’s utterly ridiculous suggestion, he was so not going to share the room.

 

Kibum gave him a nonchalant shrug and strutted out of the kitchen.

 

Jonghyun looked at Jinki who was staring back at him, a sort of lost look on his face at Kibum’s decision. He looked at the boxer clad male sitting in front of him, his abs, the sharp collar bones, that adam’s apple, slightly long hair perfectly framing his face, and those enthralling eyes. He was so his type. Maybe rooming with him would not be a bad idea?!

 

He watched Jinki get up a few minutes later, walk past him to keep the glass back and head in the direction of Kibum’s room.

 

Jinki knocked once, twice and resorted to calling out to Kibum, but there was no answer. What the actual was happening? Do I really have to room with him?

 

He walked back dejectedly to his room and settled back in his bed. A few minutes later he heard the door open and he shut his eyes tighter. He was so not going to deal with this! So what if this Jonghyun guy was attractive, that doesn’t mean he is gonna room with him!

 

He heard footsteps leading to his bed and soon a finger poking him. He resisted the incursions but had to finally give in when Jonghyun forcefully sprawled onto the bed, half of his self on Jinki and the other on the bed.

 

“We gotta room,” Jonghyun announced.

 

Jinki moved the comforter out of his face, only to be greeted by the way his clothes adorned Jonghyun’s frame as he settled down beside him, pulling the comforter over him too.

 

Jonghyun ran his fingers through his caramel brown locks when he saw Jinki’s gaze linger on himself, “Kibum refused to open his door, so I had to wear this,” he explained.

 

“I’m Jonghyun, by the way.” he said, “we should acquaint ourselves now that we are going to live together.” and he turned towards Jinki, the space between them decreasing.

 

“Jinki,” Jinki said, staring into those brown eyes again for the second time that night and he could feel a sort of unrest begin inside him. I shouldn’t have had those spicy wings.

 

“What do you do Jinki? How do you know Kibum?”

 

Jinki blinked, was he really really okay with rooming with Jonghyun? He replied after sometime, giving in to Jonghyun’s hopeful gaze on him. “I’m an intern, met Kibum on his shift in the cafe.”

 

Jonghyun hummed, his gaze still not leaving Jinki’s, a smile forming, happy that Jinki was talking to him.

 

“You?” Jinki asked. Yeah maybe he did kinda want to room with Jonghyun, he had a beautiful smile.

 

“Me? I’m a freelance artist, you see. Kibum’s my best friend since kindergarten.”

 

Jinki nodded at that, if Kibum knew him for such a long time then Jonghyun was not a bad guy. He failed to stifle a big yawn, eliciting a melodious chuckle from Jonghyun.

 

“We should sleep,” Jonghyun said, getting comfortable against Jinki. “And sorry for waking you up like that. I entered from the window, cause Kibum refuses to give me the house keys after I lost them twice before.”

 

Jinki sleepily nodded at the provided explanation and let slumber pull him into it’s deep depths, forgetting that rooming up with Jonghyun had been an unfair occurrence to him.

 

A couple of weeks later...Jinki thought, it had been the best unfair occurrence ever.