The Silicon's Revenge

Breathless
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

After the Chief greeted Sky, I saw her walk towards my parents.

 

I fixed my hair and fixed my dress too.

 

I practiced flashing my smile and walked towards her. Chin up, out.

 

Silicon huh!?

 

I smiled innocently to the guests while walking my way towards the birthday celebrator. I want to smack her head but I am forcing myself to calm down.

 

Patience.

 

I need to be patient for my plan to work out.

 

I saw Sky and her friends glance at my direction. I mean, they have to! 

 

I looked at Sky and smiled sweetly at her though I really want to hammer the table at her face.

 

“Happy birthday Sky.” I extended my hand and we shook hands.

 

I felt the warmth and tightness of her grip at my hand.

 

When I noticed that she doesn’t have any plan to let go of my hand, I took it gently.

 

“Thank you. But I’m afraid I don’t recognize you.” She said sounding confused.

 

Huh! The hell!

 

Don’t worry, after this you will never forget me.

 

“Uhhh, of course!” I faked a laugh.

 

“I’m sorry. I forgot we haven’t seen each other yet, nor are we formally introduced. I’m Sandara Park. Your…as we might say, ex-fiancee.”

 

I saw how she and her friends register their surprised looks. I smiled.

 

“You are Sandara Park?” Is this woman deaf or what!? Of course. Who else? Duh.

 

“Unfortunately, yes. I’m sorry if I didn’t come when our engagement was announced. I was kinda busy. But anyway, now that it was over, it doesn’t really matter, right?” I widened my smile. She was still in disbelief looking at me.

 

“Actually, uhm. You know, my decision isn’t final yet.” She said nearly stammering.

 

Who are you fooling!

 

You really think I would want to marry you now that I recognize who you are Sky!?

 

Over my dead silicons. NO!

 

“You’re right when you said that it is indeed wrong to force ourselves to marry each other. We should be free to choose whom we want for a life partner. Although it deeply saddens me, you really have a point. And it’s just right to break our engagement. We should find our own ‘someone’ who is better for us.” I told her.

 

And besides, I don’t want to marry an like you.

 

“And you mean, I am not better for you?” Of course! Now you’re regretting? Drool over! Jerk!

 

“Hahaha, of course, I didn’t mean that.” I’m still smiling at her. I even held her arm though at this moment I really want to break it.

 

“What I mean is, someone who is suited and meant for us. Like for me, I may be meant to marry someone who is good-looking, well-mannered, well-built and awfully rich. Who knows, right? Hahaha.” Unlike you.

 

I laughed and flipped my hair.

 

I saw her blink for times but she is not saying a word.

 

I didn’t wait for her to respond. I looked at my watch and, “Oh, I’m going now, I actually just came here to greet you. Happy birthday again, Sky.”

 

My fake smile didn’t leave my face.

 

I waved at her and at her friends before turning my back and strutting my way out of their sight.

 

When I reached the beach, I ran towards the rest house.

 

Arriving, I hurriedly went to my room, took off my dress, chose a new one and put on my make-up. Just like the make-up I wore when I went to the bar where we first met. I also wore my stiletto shoes.

 

After 30 minutes, I was done so I went out of the rest house.

 

This time, I didn’t pass by the beach. I may not be able to walk properly!

 

I drove my way to the private beach resort where Sky’s birthday party was held.

 

When I was able to enter, I didn’t proceed to where the center party is being held. I rented a room and went to the little closed cottage near the venue and that was where

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter