The Chase

Breathless
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

This is it!

The final chapter of the story!

Thank you for giving the same love for Breathless, and shoutout to the people who followed the stories after Ever After.

I couldn't be any happier than to receive your feedbacks of making you smile from the beginning!

Thank you, Adios!

Loving you all, ruikai.

_______________________________________________________________

 

With a heavy heart, I opened the passenger’s seat of the car.

 

“I’ll call the moment I arrive.” I softly said at Candy.

 

She looked at me sadly.

 

“Will you not really change your mind?” with teary eyes, I looked at her.

 

“Dara!” Candy sighed. “Deep inside me, I really want you and Lee Chaerin together.” I forced myself to smile.

 

“You know what I chose right? You know that I chose her.” I wiped my tears.

 

“But what can I do if the one I chose also chose to stay away?”

 

When Mom and I talked, I made a decision to stay here and be with her instead. It would be a waste that she was able to give up her profession for me, and I think I am bound to do the same.

 

I chose her.

 

I went that day at the condominium.

 

I texted her, called her, I searched everywhere.

 

I did that for three days.                                                   

 

I know it’s short, but if she’s not hiding from me, I could easily find her.

 

But no.

 

And I am deeply hurt with what she is doing.

 

Say, my love for her isn’t that strong to give up my dreams. Say that she loves me more that she was able to give up everything for me and I can’t do the same.

 

But won’t she give me a chance atleast?

 

“Candy, if you’ll see her, please hand this over.” I gave the brown envelop where the signed annulment papers are placed.

 

Yes, I signed it.

 

And I am leaving for US.

 

I will chase my dream because the one I chose already gave up on me.

 

I went inside the car and tried hard to control my tears from falling.

 

I found it hard to walk my way inside the airport.

 

I can’t seem to walk, as if my feet won’t move.

 

As if I am waiting for someone to arrive.

 

And I know who she is.

 

I am hoping she would come.

 

I am hoping that she would stop me.

 

That she would ask me to be with her again.

 

I intentionally walked slower, buying the time.

 

I can’t stop hoping.

 

I was searching everywhere in the airport.

 

“She must be here.” And suddenly, I felt my eyes moisture.

 

The passengers are all going for the board but I was looking at the entrance instead.

 

But no Chaerin came.

 

And my tears just kept on flowing.

 

I can’t seem to stop them.

 

I wanted to wail.

 

I wanted to shout.

 

I want to get angry at her for not coming.

 

I was never a fan of romance but I want to see a movie cliché with her coming here, stopping me, declaring her love and we would kiss and make up.

 

“Korean Airlines is pleased to announce the final boarding call for flight 401 to New York. All ticketed and confirmed passengers should now be on board the aircraft at gate 8. Again…”

 

But I didn’t stand from where I am sitting.

 

I still waited.

 

“She must be late.” I said as I cry myself for comfort.

 

“This is the final boarding call for passenger Sandara Park booked on Korean Airlines flight 401 to New York. Please proceed

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter