Epilogue

Breathless
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

"That Very Moment"

 

(CHAERIN’s POV)

 

Feeling down, depressed and lonely, I walked past the slightest voices I could hear.

 

If only I could not return to the unit.

 

“In every corner, I know I would remember you.” Dara’s face is all over my mind.

 

Even the least image of what I can see can’t fully occupy it.

 

If only I can ride the plane to New York immediately.

 

While walking to the condo, the heavy feeling I have just can’t leave.

 

I feel so weak.

 

I feel so useless.

 

“What did I just do?”

 

I took a deep breath before taking the key for the doorknob but I was surprised that it’s already opened.

 

“Hmm? Didn’t I lock this?”

 

I can’t remember. Perhaps I was in a hurry.

 

Not in mood, I opened the door when I was greeted by a flying can of beer.

 

“What the-” thanks god I got alert senses.

 

I didn’t look first where it came from but my eyes followed it when it was thrown directly at the trashcan just beside the door.

 

Then my eyes slowly turned to the place where the can of beer came from.

 

And I widened my eyes with who I saw.

 

My wife sitting on a sofa, drinking a can of beer that we left earlier.

 

On her left hand comes a pizza while she’s watching CSI.

 

Her feet are above the center table and looks like she doesn’t care with what’s happening around her.

 

She didn’t even notice that I am already inside the condo.

 

I don’t know what to feel.

 

Would I be mad at her for being so calm after everything that happened or would I come to her and hug her?

 

And because my heart kept on pounding, I gulped and took a step causing her to look at me.

 

“Dara…” she fiercely looked at me and threw me the beer she was handling.

 

“What the hell Dara!” I yelled when I saw her took another can and attempted to throw it again.

 

“What are you doing here?” she narrowed her eyes, stood up and walked towards me.

 

“After not showing yourself for days you’ll show up right now!?” she hissed at me. I took a step backwards.

 

“I-I thought you’ve left.” She burned mad and threw me another can but I managed to move immediately to my right, I looked at it as it splattered on the floor.

 

“You bastard! Just because you thought I’ve left, you came back here!? You really want to get separated from me!? Damn you! !” she cursed and took a Johnnie Walker bottle at the center table.

 

That was what we were drinking earlier and I know how thick that bottle is! If unlucky enough, my skull would be smashed in no time!

 

“W-wait! ! That could hurt! Dara!” I moved away from her.

 

“I will really hurt you Lee Chaerin! You will find your moles gone! Bastard! You didn’t even give me a choice! You didn’t even follow me to the airport! You just allowed me to leave! What kind of love were you talking about huh!? You’re a ! You can’t hold onto me, you’ll just give up that easy! After you…after you made me fall in love with you…you’ll just leave and…and…”

 

I looked at her when she had put the bottle back to the table.

 

Tears fell from her eyes.

 

My heart automatically went out to her.

 

I didn’t mind if she would smash the bottle at me. I came towards her and hugged her tightly.

 

“I’m sorry. I’m so sorry.”

 

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter