Names Under the Sky

Breathless
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

“What!?” angrily, I stood up.

 

“Calm down angel.” my mother told me.

 

“This shouldn’t be happening Mom! How come she’d change her mind that easy? Is she crazy!?” I am fuming mad!

 

Can you believe it!? My fiancée just made up her mind not to pursue our wedding!

 

Lost?

 

You got it right again ladies and gentlemen. I am into women.

 

“She doesn’t have the right to do what she wants! Who does she think she is!”

 

The truth is, I haven’t met her yet. I don’t even know how she looks like. My mom just woke me up one day telling I would marry the cousin of the friend of the sister of her neighbor in a nearby prefecture.

 

And because arranged marriage are so in this generation, I agreed to go with the flow!

 

Do I need to become one of the conservatives and sensitive who would disagree because of being hopeless in a lovelife? As long as I wouldn’t die, go!

 

But this time, after a year, that mime wouldn’t marry this goddess!?

 

And why did she just say that now!

 

My faithfulness went to trash waiting for someone I don’t even know what and who!

 

Damn it.

 

“Dara, we are not entitled to Sky’s decision. Plus that, she agreed to be your fiancée because she doesn’t have a girlfriend that time and she wasn’t in love.”

 

Got it right again, she’s into women too. So we’re quits. We’re compatible!

 

“But this time, its different. Sky is liking someone else so she broke the engagement.” Mom continued.

 

“That’s insane! That’s absolutely absurd!” I will really break her bones.

 

“If she would be in love, why not before the engagement? Why does she need to prolong it? She made me wait for nothing! And that’s what I hate. I hate waiting!” I raised my voice because I’m truly mad right now.

 

Pssh! That woman just drove me nuts! Just like the agent who was a ually-connotated egghead! That blonde must be thankful that she dared not to show up her face after three weeks. Because if she did, she would really be dead.

 

“Dara, we cannot control our feelings towards another, and you know that.”

 

“What are you saying Mom? We can control when to poop, when to pee, and of course, following the pattern, we can control how and what to feel! I will talk to that woman. Because if she really values her dignity, she wouldn’t just fly away from this engagement.” I firmly told my mother.

 

This shouldn’t be happening. I would be degraded for I already announced to the world that I will be married!

 

Besides, this is my chance to prove the fortune teller wrong when we went to her in college. I will not end up to somebody whose name starts with ‘C’ with those moles in whatever! Because I will be marrying an ‘S’! I don’t believe in pathetic fortune-tellers!

 

“Ok, tomorrow

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter