Disappointed

Breathless
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

“Yes.” She snapped back without any hint of hesitation.

 

She didn’t even stammer nor blink when she said it.

 

But no matter how clear her voice had been, it still sounded like a bomb in my ears. I suddenly became deaf. I was stunned.

 

Who won’t? I was expecting her to deny it nor laugh at the thought of it.

 

But instead, she answered a resounding YES.

 

I wasn’t only stunned. In fact, my jaw dropped.

 

Did she just claim she loves me?

 

I think my brain cells couldn’t process what she said to the point that I was thinking ‘I am only hallucinating.’

 

“Oooooohh!” Candy blurted out while still looking at Chaerin who’s currently glaring at Seunghyun. And him? He was grinning.

 

“Does that satisfy your curiosity? Can I get my wife now?” and he just nodded.

 

With that, she took my suitcase and dragged me outside.

 

I want to shake my head and reverse time if heard the right word.

 

How can she say she loves me? When did she feel such thing?

 

It’s quite impossible for her to love me in a very short span of time.

 

I wasn’t myself when I sat on the passenger’s seat while she was putting my things on the trunk.

 

I was staring blankly without knowing what am I looking at.

 

“Hey!” she suddenly said when she started the engine.

 

I tried to pull myself together so I wouldn’t look dumb, but when I would do that, I would remember what she said again and I would find myself out of nowhere again.

 

Bull. She loves me!?

 

In the middle of my nearly unaware state, she suddenly laughed. She laughed hard.

 

What the heck is wrong with this lady!?

 

“Don’t tell me you believed what I said?” I looked at her.

 

“I just said it so Seunghyun would stop. I know that he wouldn’t shut up if he won’t hear what he wanted to hear.” And when she said that, I felt disappointed. It crept up on me when she said those words.

 

So it’s not true.

 

I felt weak.

 

I immediately scolded myself for feeling this way.

 

Why the hell would I be disappointed? Why would it matter to me if she loves me or not?

 

I should be the one laughing right now and not her.

 

I should be laughing my off because she admitted she loves me and yet took it back.

 

And yet, whatever the truth is, I should be laughing because I don’t care and definitely this disappointment that I am feeling right now is uncalled for.

 

Right! I shouldn’t be disappointed.

 

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter