Chapter 2

You don't know me anymore

✧༚ Chapter II 

 

 "Do you need any need help?" A male’s voice could be heard left to Jungkook. He turned to the source of the sound and saw an old man in his late sixties with a leather apron and some vintage looking googles. 

 "Yes, please." Jungkook whispered and swallowed hard. "My friend... There's something wrong with him..."

 "Yeah, I can see that much." The old man said as he closed the distance between the boys. "Help me cary him to my working room, will ya'?" He demanded more than asked as he took up V's legs. They both began to awkwardly walk towards a nearly invincible door behind the desk. Pressing down a button, the door opened and they both walked in. ”On this table please." He said as he and Jungkook both carefully laid him down on the bench. Jungkook looked around the room and saw a hologram portrait hanging on one of the walls. He could easily tell that it was an old photo since it had a blueish finish to it, and because it stood 

"Best cyborg doctor of the year award- Kim Ryo, N.Te 201"

Jungkook looked over at the old man. He certainly had aged a lot since he won the price. Still, it didn't mean he wasn't good anymore. 

 

 ”Let’s see now…” He muttered and took a chair and sat down next to V with a pen and a paper in his hand. ”For how long has he been like… this?” He asked as he pointed at V.

 ”I don’t know. Maybe one or six hours?” he said as he calculated the hours since he had been home. 

 ”One or six hours.” The old man whispered under his breath as he wrote it down. ”And you’re sure there isn’t any bugs in his system?” he asked as he took up a computer from the floor and detached V’s left arm to it with a thick metallic wire. 

 ”Yes.”  Jungkook answered as the old man ran a virus detector. 

 ”Hmm. It doesn’t look like it at least.” He said and turned V’s head.

Jungkook saw the old man, Ryo slowly turning paler when he looked at V's neck.

 "Anything wrong?" Jungkook asked worried but the the doctor just shook his head and looked away with red cheeks. 

 "No..." He said and avoided Jungkook's gaze. Curious, Jungkook tried to figure out what it was that had surprised the old man so much. I wonder what surprised him so much… Jungkook thought for himself as he followed the man that now carried the boy into another room. He laid him down his stomach on an operating table.

”I think there’s something wrong with one of his chips.” He said after scanning V’s body with a hand sized computer with an installed x-ray in the room. 

”I’m going to proceed the surgery now, and it might take up to three hours. Minimum, an half.” He pointed to a chair where Jungkook could sit and pressed a button on the wall. The room immediately got sterilised as a thin antibacterial mist filled the room. Taking of his apron and googles, he replaced them with a white coat and some blue gloves. Taking a napkin he carefully cleaned the area where V's scar was. After that he took all kind of tubes and stuff that he etched to various parts of V’s body. 

 "Scalp." He ordered and a small android robot came rolling towards him with the instrument in it’s claw. 

 "I thought they'd banned all androids." Jungkook said confused when he saw the android. 

 "Yeah, they did ban every robot a card over 3.0, but this one is just below." He said with a smirk as he took the scalpel from it. Not really into the bloody stuff that soon would happen, Jungkook looked away and twitched his eyebrows together. He could hear how the old man Ryo ordered the android to provide him with new instruments, and tried to think of something els than the constant beep of V's heart that could stop at any minute.

 

After what seemed like more than three hours, Jungkook could hear the old man in a sharp breath suddenly. He immediately tried to hide something behind his back when Jungkook turned around on the chair to look, but Jungkook could still catch a glimpse of a small and bloody navy blue chip.

 "I do wonder..." He muttered beneath his breath as he stitched together V's wound. "He should be up in a hour or two now." He said as he began cleaning of everything. 

 ”Did you find out what the problem was?” Jungkook asked and rose from the chair when Ryo threw his gloves in the trashcan. 

 ”Yeah, a damaged chip. Nothing major though. He should be just fine without it.” He said as he walked out from the room. Though happy to know that his friend was fine, Jungkook still couldn’t shake of the weird feeling that the mystic doctor held more information in his hands, than he was willing to share.

 

Jungkook looked closely at V. Leaning even closer, their foreheads nearly touching, Jungkook twitched away by reflex when V suddenly took a deep breath. While taking a step back V suddenly opened his eyes.

 "Hey... Where am I?" He said as he looked around. 

 "It's okay V, you're okay now." Jungkook answered with a teary smile. 

 "Did I make you worry much?" He asked with a teasing smile. 

 "Yah! Stupid, of course not." Jungkook exclaimed with blushing cheeks. "Why would I..." He muttered and got a smile from V as he embraced the boy. "Hey! Let me go!" 

 "Yah! Silly boy, I'm older than you!" V said offended as he pretend to be angry. 

 "Whatever. There's more than thirty years ago since anyone cared about that." Jungkook said as he rolled his eyes. 

 ”Yeah, yeah” V said laughing as he looked around the room. ”So where am I?” He asked Jungkook confused and blew up his cheeks annoyed by walking up in an unfamiliar place.

 ”Well, you were kinda much out, so I had to drag you all the way to someone that could fix you.” Jungkook explained.

 ”Good to see you’re up.” Kim Ryo suddenly said as he entered the room.

 ”Thanks for fixing me.” V said with a smile as he turned to the doctor. 

 ”No problem. You should be able to leave as soon as you feel alright again.” He answered and gave Jungkook a paper. ”Bill.” He simply said and Jungkook hurried to take out a check and a pen from his wallet in his back-pocket. 

 ”Here” he said back when he had signed the check and gave it to the old man. ”You feeling okay?” He asked V that hurried to stand up. 

 ”Of course!” He answered with a wink and bowed to Dr. Ryo. ”Thanks for anything.” He said. 

 ”Yeah. Feel free to comeback whenever you want.” He said in a tone that made both Jungkook and V feel uneasy. Walking out from the shop together, they both wondered what the mystic world famous cyborg repairer actually knew about V.

 

 

 

 

A/N: So they doesn't count the time as we do if you guys wonder. N.Te stands for The New Technological Era, and that hologram photo was taken 201 years after they began counting. (Lol cx)

Hope you still find this story intressting ^^