Chapter 17

You don't know me anymore
✧༚ Chapter XVII 
 
 
V looked at Jungkook from his hiding place in one of the two vans outside the police department. When Donna had asked them to be undercover agents the thought of Jungkook being the one going in and V being the backup plan to get him out smoothly if it failed, never crossed his mind. What if it failed? V thought anxiously as he watched Jungkook walk inside the small building and wished that he could see what the inside looked like. No one was allowed into the building with any kind of equipment so no one in the team knew what was going on. Jungkook was allowed to bring his watch though so V's number was on speed dial in case he needed any help.
 Go in and pretend that you've lost something, they said. Completely harmless and nothing to worry about, they said. V thought as he tried to loosen his grip around the handle and calm down. 
 "This is a stupid plan." V muttered under his breath and was forced to turn his face from the window as his breath on the cold glass made it impossible for him to look out.
 "It's not flawless", Park Youngmin, a man in his early thirties that V had learned to know while looking at Illhwan's trainings, said. "But Jeon Jungkook fits the profile as a young teen getting lost without his parents and in need for information by the cops." He said with a small sigh. "The rest of us are too old to look that innocent." He continued and V clicked his tongue. 
 "We're not that young and certainly not that innocent." He said feeling rebellious against the muscular older man that just laughed at him. 
 "You haven't killed anyone yet, boy." He said amused. "Let's hope you don't have to do that though." He then continued serious. "This is not a game, and defiantly not something that we want to do." He said and V nodded. 
 "I know." He replied. "I just don't understand how Jungkook is supposed to find the electronic device that can control the cyborgs inside this building." V said as he pointed at the gray walls that could be seen through the tinted window. 
 "Well, he did get the picture of what the item looked like." Youngmin said as he took his hand through his hair. "Though I do understand the difficulties with finding an object as big as a laptop on a 200 kvm area. And without any devices..." V's heart sank a little deeper in his chest. Not even the rest of the crew really believed that it would be possible. "And then we have the problem with the numerous guards and the fact that they're trained policemen that surely can take down a teenage boy..." Youngmin continued mumbling, but not quiet enough for V to not hear.
 "Tell me again why you all decided to send only one person inside the building?" V said rubbing his temples. He was getting a slight headache and the computer in head didn't help with as it made him see red when it reacted to his adrenaline levels rising. 
 "Well, we're actually not sure if it's in this building or not. And some random Rebels breaking into the police department can be viewed as something rather bad during these crises. Wouldn't want random bad publicity now would we?" He replied V with a small chuckle that made the security vest he was wearing bobble up and down slightly. V had a vest too for worst case scenario, but he couldn't wear it if he ran in after Jungkook as it would draw too much suspicion. The security cameras had been tampered with so the police wouldn't notice whatever happened outside their small fortress unless they looked outside their windows. 
The seconds turned into minutes and he turned worried to the rest of the team in the vehicle. Youngmin squirmed slightly under his gaze and V turned away. The fact that he had made someone uncomfortable made himself unbelievable uncomfortable. 
Right as he was going to open the door, he saw Jungkook casually walking out of the place. Just a couple of meters away from the entrees door, a red light above him at the same time that a loud noise could be heard. Without looking back Jungkook picked up the pace and began to run. The steel doors to the outside that hung still on the hinges on the fence surrounding the building, began to move and V opened the door and took half a step outside the car before he felt a hand on his shoulder. 
 "Don't." One of the other guys in the car who's name V couldn't remember, said. "It's easier to get one person out of a prison than two." He looked back at the owner of the hand, and turned back to Jungkook that tried to outrun the closing doors. V extended his hand and looked at Jungkook. Please, he begged whatever higher power that existed. He closed his eyes just as a loud thud could be heard. A heavy object in his hands brought him back and he opened his eyes and looked down. It looked exactly like the object in the picture they'd looked at before.
The item in his right hand was smaller than what he'd expected, but a bit more heavier.
 "Easier than I'd thought." Jungkook claimed but his voice came out as a hiss due to him being out of breath. "Move will you?" He continued and V smiled as he moved inside the van and Jungkook came in after him looking tired after the sudden marathon. 
 "Good job, let's go now." Youngmin said with a smile and started the engine. 

A/N: Hope you enjoyed!