Chapter 7

You don't know me anymore

 

✧༚ Chapter VII 

 

V and Jungkook stood quietly outside the old shop in the alleyway. 
 "So do we knock, or...?" V asked unsure as he looked at the solid metal door. 
 "What?" Jungkook asked confused which made V regret his decision to ask. 
 "I mean, did you knock last time, or did you like, just open the door...?" He clarified his question, but mentally hit himself. Why couldn't he just shut up? 
 "Ehm.. I don't remember." Jungkook answered sheepishly. "But well, it's a shop so I guess you just open the door." He said while he shrugged. V showed him an embarassed smile and opened the door. 
 "Umm... Hello? Anybody here?" He asked nervously as he stepped inside the shop. He had only seen the shop once before, and he hadn't been in his best shape at that time. But still, the shop seemed more messy and dirty than before. The green metallic floor was made of countless of different shapes and shades which made it look a bit like a piece of expensive but very dirty art. The shelves that were full of different cartoons and plastic boxes with cyborg-parts inside was so unorganized that it made V wonder for how long the shop had been active. Piles of paper were also placed randomly around the shop and the ceilings lamps didn't match. The whole placed screamed abandoned and looked more than a little similar to a haunted house. 
 "You're here." A voice could be heard behind them and V and Jungkook both jumped high in the air. 
"Sorry, I didn't mean to scare you." The old man said as he walked closer. "So I guess that you think I know something you don't." He said in a way that made V's skin tingle with electric jolts. "Follow me." He said and walked them down to the room with the operating table again. The whole scene made V thinking of Frankenstein and he made sure to never loose his eyes at Jungkook and the old doctor. Dr. Kim pointed at a bench and sat down on a chair in front of them. 
 "So what is that you know and we don't?" V asked.
 "Well, I guess a lot of things." Ryo chuckled. "But." He then said serious. "The things you want to know is a part of a long story." 
 "We got time." Jungkook said and changed to a more comfortable position on the wooden bench. 

 "I've always hoped that this shameful day never would come. But I think you deserve to know. At least now." The old man said while looking with stern eyes at V. The serious look on his face made him look at least forty years older. 

"I'm one of the professors that created you." He said.

 "You said what?" Jungkook asked surprised with big eyes. 

 "We don't have time for any jokes." V said angrily. He didn't mean to sound angry, but he felt scared when he thought of the doctor as one of the guys who had changed his life. And fear easily turned into anger. Jungkook touched his hand carefully, but it didn't make him any calmer.

 "You know that I speak the truth." He said. "No sane man would pretend that they had done a horribly deed." 

 "But how...?" V asked lost for words under the mans' gaze. 

 "It started a year before the android war. Our leader, he knew that it eventually would backfire if we continued to trust robots too much. He gathered people, and a year after the war ended, we fulfilled the plan."  Dr. Kim's eyes had a distant look to them. As if he saw something that V didn't.

"When we first started the project, we had to use all kinds of different people. So, we we had three females from the age fourteen to fifty-four, and three males from thirteen to fifty-one. One of the tests subjects were you, Taehyung." V twitched without wanting to and looked up at the doctor. "Every cyborg, at least here in Korea, have a chip inside them that leads to one unit that control you all." 

"But why isn't V like the others?" Jungkook asked suddenly. V nearly twitched uncontrollably again as he nearly had forgot about his friend. 

 "Oh!" The old man exclaimed as if he also had forgotten about the other boys' presence. "Well, the chip." He said simply. Jungkook's eyes shone as if he just had figured out a really hard math-problem.

 "Can we control the other cyborgs if we hack one of the chips?" V asked to make it sound like he did understand it all. 

 "No, it's a direct link, so it only works one way." He said and looked down. 

 "So how do we help?" Jungkook asked and the old man smiled.

 "Young man, I truly admire your will power, but it's pretty impossible to do anything..." He said with a frown. "We either need to catch all the cyborgs and remove the chip, or we find the control." 

 "You said we." V pointed out and raised an eyebrow. ”Do you plan on helping us?” he asked, and the man smiled. 

 ”If I can help you, I will.” He said. 

 ”That’s good to hear.” V said. 

 ”Thank you.” Jungkook said with a small nod. ”Well be in touch.” He continued and both he and V rose from the bench and walked out from the room, leaving the doctor behind.

 
"So what do we do now?" V asked himself, but got the answer from Jungkook.
 "We try to catch a cyborg and take them to Dr. Kim to see if he was right about that chip." He said while looking out of the alley. Nodding, V followed his friends example and they both began walking down the street, trying to find any sigh of life. They searched for the darkest places hoping to find something else than junk and a few terrified cats. Suddenly, they both heard a noise coming from the corner they just left. They turned around and saw two boys running right at them. The boy to the right, the one who was running straight towards V, had blonde hair, standing in every direction possible and distressed jeans matched with a white, slightly dirty hoodie. His eyes hidden behind some black tinted huge-looking glasses. V saw his own surprised face in the reflecting sunglasses before he yelped and feel backwards due to the sudden impact. 
 
 
A/N: Sorry it took so long to update >.< summer is really taking its toll on me... Pinky promise that next chapter will be faster tho ^^