Chapter 9

You don't know me anymore

 ✧༚ Chapter IX 

 
 
Three days had passed since the first cyborg attack against the Blue House. People around the globe had began to worry as similar incidents happened in The United North, America and Japan. The newspapers wrote about how the terrorists stronghold probably was somewhere in Korea. That meant it was a slight possibility that they were living only a few steps away from them. V saw red whenever he thought of it. He wanted none of that near the stainless Jungkook. He took a deep breath to calm himself. He'd been reading the news to calm himself down, but it hadn't really worked. 15:34 pm, V's inner computer reminded him. Estimated time of arrival: Three minutes left. V looked at Jungkook's closed door. He was sitting quietly in his bedroom, probably drawing something or doing homework. Since it was his parents, he could relax. V on the other hand, was nervous down to the bones. He had only met Jungkook's parents three times before, and with the occurring cyborg attacks, he wasn't sure how Mr and Mrs. Jeon were going to treat him. 
 
Three minutes later, and they had arrived.
"Hello, Mr and Mrs. Jeon." V said and bowed politely as they stepped into the hallway.
 "Mum, dad. Welcome!" Jungkook said smiling and ran towards them for a hug as he rounded the corner to the hallway. 
 "Thank you, Jungkookie!" Junkook's mother said and gave him a hard hug back. 
 "We've missed you so much, son." Mr. Jeon said and patted his son's shoulder. "Glad to see you're doing well too, V." He then said and turned to V. V smiled and said  "I'm glad to see that you seem to be doing well too. And congratulations on winning that price too." Jungkook's dad smiled and waved modest with his hand. 
 "It was nothing. Without my lovely wife here," he said and laid his hand around Mrs. Jeon's waist, making the woman blush "the prize would only be but a dream." 
 "I've heard that you two make quite a team too." The woman said. "It was really nice of you to let our son mix with that arm of yours." She said smiling. 
 "Oh no! It really wasn't." V said and shook his head while slightly blushing. "It's the least I could do after you guys letting me live here with Jungkook." 
 "It's a pleasure." Mr. Jeon just said and Junkook's mum nodded in agreement. 
 "Of course!" She said. "After hearing your story, there was no way we could just leave you. And you are Junkook's dearest friend after all." She said and winked. 
 "This place wouldn't be nearly as clean as it is right now if you hadn't been cleaning it everyday. And frankly, I'd probably forget to eat without you too." Junkook said laughing, making V blush more as he was being portrayed as his mum. 
 "I'm not doing that much..." He muttered quietly, and Jungkook beamed a smile in his direction.
 "Let's unpack this box before the cake inside will turn all mushy." Mr. Jeon said with a smirk, and V lead the way into the kitchen, next to Jungkook. 
 
After eating the cake and talking about everything that had happened, but of course leaving out the more dangerous parts, Mr. and Mrs. Jeon took Jungkook aside for a little talk. A bit too curious for his own good, V walked a bit closer towards the closed living room. 
He heard Jungkook's voice in the other room, and stopped his movements to listen. He could hear a slight worry in his voice, which made him want to press his hand and tell him that it would be alright.
 "I don't want to go then!" Jungkook blurted out in a loud voice and made V's cheeks turn bright red. 
 "We've already told you honey." Miss Jeon said whispering. "We couldn't get four tickets at the same plane, so we booked one ten hours later for V." V was actually deeply touched that they even had thought about him at all during the crises. And if he just had been in the same room, he'd assured them that he was totally fine with it. 
 "Can't I go with the same plane as V?" He asked hopefully. 
 "I'm sorry, Kookie, but that wasn't possible." Ms. Jeon let out a sigh. "We're leaving tomorrow." Mr. Jeon said and rose from the couch. V backed away from the door, and reached the hallway just in time to see them both walking out of the room with tired smiles on their faces. 
 "Here." Mr. Jeon said and gave V an envelope. He knew that V had heard what they were talking about. 
 "Thank you." V said and bowed in gratitude. 
 "See you later", Mrs. Jeon said as a promise that it would all be alright soon enough. 
 
V looked at Jungkook that sat down in the couch with a deep frown. It made him look really cute, but he didn't dare to say it to the boy. 
 "Maybe you should go and meet your parents and talk this thru over dinner?" He suggested quietly. 
 "I don't know what to do" Jungkook said depleted. "What if something happens during that ten hours, or if you need my help and I'm not here..." He said in a low tone while looking at the floor. Neither of them wanted to leave the other. V sighed. 
 "Take this with you then." He said with a slightly forced smile. He took out the necklace he had been working on from his jeans jacket, and gave it too the boy. 
 "It's like one of those old dog tags all solider got. Though this one sends out a gps signal every tenth minute so I'll always be able to find you," V explained and winked jokingly.
Jungkook smiled. 
 "Say, why don't I get something so I can track you?" He asked. 
 "You won't need to." He said. "I won't leave you, unless you want me to."  
The serious expression on his face was so out of character, that Jungkook couldn't really take him serious. 
 "Say, why does this feel like one of those cheesy war movies where the two leading characters are going to part forever?" He asked with a smirk on his face, and V smiled. 
 "I'm not sure, but I'd surely be the male in the relationship." He said jokingly, and received a playful hit from Jungkook. 
 "Dream on." He laughed. Then getting serious, he asked "You'll be fine for a day, right?"
V nodded. 
 "Of course" he said. "It will only be like a minute." 
 "Yeah." Jungkook said and leaned against one of the pillows in the couch. 
 "There's probably a higher chance of you getting attacked on the plane, than me being attacked here." V said with a worried smile. "And Suga, Jin, J-Hope and Rap monster are still in the city. If anything gets out of hand I can call them. Jimin and his parents were going to stay in New Australia too, so you'll have someone to talk with too." V said.
 "Yeah, I guess that I should be more worried about th others." Jungkook said with a sigh. "I wish the police just could find these terrorists and make it all stop." 
V nodded agreeing.
 "I'll try to figure something out while you're away." He said. 
 "Try to keep out from too much trouble while I'm away." Jungkook said. "Wouldn't want another visit to the police, hmm?" He said and smiled.
 "Not really." V said laughing. "But hey, we still have a few more hours until that plane's going to lift!" V said. "And don't worry, I'll see you off tomorrow, son."
 "Don't even." Jungkook said supplied with red cheeks. 
 
A/N: Hello all lovely readers~ it's been awhile... This was probably one of the harder chapters to write, but I hope you still enjoyed it ^^ 
(Mini info!) United North equals Sweden, Norway, Iceland etc.