Chapter 19

You don't know me anymore
 ✧༚ Chapter XIX 
 
Jungkook looked over at V. His friend was sleeping with his mouth half open and looked carefree in the chair. Jungkook smiled at the sleeping figure and his heart fluttered as feelings of happiness hung over the scene. He knew that V hadn't been sleeping so much lately due to the pressure he'd put on himself. 
They'd been lucky to go by plane to the location where it all hopefully was going to end. Jungkook had trained in secret from V at using a gun. His aim had gotten pretty good and he could use it without the special pair of glasses that were meant for trainees to help them focus on their aim. The glasses had a built-in zoom lens that zoomed in at every movement, making it easier to take aim at pop-up figures that they used during training time. But since they were made to match the hologram room that the training took place in, they didn't zoom in on real life people. Thus making them worthless to bring out on the field. Real life wars did of course after all not consist of targets to zoom in on and take aim at before you shoot. Jungkook's trainer, a feisty young woman in her early 30s named Xiaomei, had been helping V to understand what it meant to take a life and prepare him to defend himself if he had to.
 "It's a psychological, Jeon Jungkook." She used to tell him when she talked about when she told him how she'd killed her first man. She always referred to how young soldiers had been trained before to kill without even blink. "I wasn't brought up during the best conditions or at the best place. Practice enough to think away the humanity of the people you're fighting against, and you'll have a smaller chance at being diagnosed with PTSD later." Jungkook didn't know what to think. To dehumanize the rebels still seemed wrong. They were after all still human even if they were using a small portion of the humanity, the cyborgs, to conquer the world. Or whatever they were trying to do. Now when he thought about it, he didn't know what they were after. It slightly bugged him out, but he didn't have any time to think about it because the plane was landing. V woke up as soon as the plane landed with a jolt. He looked slightly disorientated before he saw Jungkook and smiled. 
 "We've landed." The captain said and V reached for Jungkook's hand. Jungkook squeezed it and they both unbuckled and rose with the rest of the people in the plane. They were some of the few people being brought by plane and a lot of the other people arriving at the scene had travelled used alternative transportations. Underground trains, Zeppelins etc. 
they bought got greeted by a heatwave as they got of and Jungkook wished that their uniforms hadn't been black. Sure they looked cool and felt protected, but the thought of the sun on the sky warming up everything around him and himself wasn't a pleasant thought. It didn't take long until himself and V got separated and he shouted a quick "Take care!" before he hurried along the people that were nudging him in another direction. 
 
V had never thought that there would've been so many rebels. So many people that wanted to play Gods and take away the rest of the population. So many people thirsty for blood. He wouldn't until later understand that they greatly outnumbered their enemies, but since he wasn't at a more calm place, the red area before him on his screen seemed like millions of people. The new leaders together with Donna had explained that he and Jungkook didn't have to fight since they actually weren't trained soldiers, but they had both decided that they wanted to try their best. For a bit different reasons. And then they explained the whole concept of the war, that it could take days to settle on a agreement or hours. That they were striving to not turn it into a massacre. They did have robo-suits but they were more like a last resort option. The whole world was watching and the older generation hated the robotic suits that had brought so much war up on countries and groups. No matter what cost, most of them would rather fight themselves than to ever see the steel giants fight again. The heat sensors made the user unable to the the difference between friend and foe and always aimed for a killing blow.
 
The days that followed was a blur for Jungkook, the meetings with J-Hope and their other friends, as well as the new people. The time had almost come and he was desperately searching for V one last time. Soft strawberry blonde hair picked up his interest and he found him just putting on a helmet. Jungkook rushed forward and quickly took V's hand before he could begin to walk towards his post in the first rows. The first rows consisting of cyborgs and more physically abled people, the second row with the guns, and the third making up the smallest portion, with electronic. They were supposed to move in a fan-formation and Jungkook stood safely between a military trained woman from America, and a street rat cyborg with no physical enchanted traits, except his left eye that he could control like a telescope more or less. He'd already been at the facility when V and Jungkook had arrived, but was not more than two weeks more experienced than them due to being picked up by one of the friendly cyborgs doctors and left there a few days before the cyborg attacks started. 
V looked questioning at Jungkook and Jungkook suddenly felt an urge to remove the protective helmet from V so he could hold his gaze to assure him that everything was going to be alright. That he didn’t need to feel scared. Or maybe Jungkook himself was the one that needed more courage to face what was infront of him. Because the more he thought of it, the more he realized that he didn’t know about anything about the enemies infront of him.   
 
A/N: Hello everyone! Hope you all had a great summer. Sorry for the late update. I'll post next chapter this month as a thanks for all of you staying with me so close to the end.
IMPORTANT: Ok, so next chapter will be very violent (will be M-rated), but I think I can make a softer version for younger readers if that's preferred. Just tell me and I'll try my best to do it c: