Chapter 8

You don't know me anymore

✧༚ Chapter VIII 

 

Catching a cyborg seemed much more simple before they began with the task. Jungkook felt slightly jealous of V as the dark haired boy kicked his leg. He fell down on his right knee as he lost his balance, something that was surely going to leave a bruise later. He blocked a punch, and the boy took advantage of it and kicked his shoulder. Jungkook let out a weak "Ugh" as he continued to struggle under the boy that now sat on his stomach as he tried to not think about how every muscle in his body seemed to ache. Watch his feet. One of them is made of metal. He made a mental note while he tried to knock the boy over, without causing him any harm. He twisted, and suddenly he felt the boys weight disappear. He rose in a hurry and saw how V singlehandedly pinned the boy to the ground and then something gray shot out from his left arm. 
 "Told ya that the tranquilizers could be of some us." Jungkook said with a smile as he lifted the blonde haired boy from the ground. 
 "Yeah." V said and looked away, not wanting to admit this defeat. They walked back in silence, both of them lost in thoughts and too tired to speak.
 
V hadn't thought about how Dr. Kim were going to react, but he felt slightly disappointed for some reason when the doctor only nodded at the boys as they returned. 
 "For how long will they be out?" He asked V, but Jungkook was the one with the answer. 
 "For about two more hours." He said and Ryo made an approving gesture. 
 "I think that will be enough for both of them. Let's start with the blonde, hmm?" He said with a slightly creepy smile. He's here to help. V had to remind himself as he thought back at the first days of him being a cyborg. Suppressed memories, retrograde amnesia the doctors had said. V couldn't remember a thing about the time when he was missing. 
 "I'll stay outside and guard the other boy." Jungkook said and looked over at V. 
 "Is it okay if I stay here?" V asked the old doctor, and he nodded. 
 "Sure. Just hold a 'lil bit of a distance. And put on something to cover your mouth with." V nodded in agreement and took a blue one from the box Dr. Kim offered. V gave a small smile to Jungkook that gave him a reassuring nod back. He knows me, huh? He thought to himself. He turned towards Ryo and saw how the man ran across the room and gathered things and pressed a button so the whole room got infused with a clear mist. V put on the mask. 
 He turned to the boy at the operating table. Seeing the tattoo on the boys neck, reminded him of when he first noticed his own tattoo. He felt a shiver down his spine as he adverted his gaze. Uneasy, he stood quietly and looked down in front of him, until he heard how Dr. Kim began to give out orders to an android that were quick to obey. The old man seemd totally changed without his normal clothes.
"Whoa!" V exclaimed as he saw how Dr. Kim took a scalpel and carefully made a incision in the boys' skin. A metal surface could be seen as soon as the doctor carefully opened the incision with a something that looked like a weird scissor. The doctor looked up at V that exhaled while he began to wonder if that was how he also looked like. 
 "You might wonder why this isn't bleeding." He said with a muffled voice, full of concentration. V nodded, even though the thought hadn't even hit him. The old man nodded back and opened a package on the metal plate that laid next to the boy's blonde hair. 
 "This, is not skin. It's simply made to look like skin to not draw too much attention, and is partly made by silicon." He said and pointed at the boys neck, and then at V's. V touched the back at his neck. It felt like regular skin to him. Maybe a bit softer, and with the exception that he couldn't really feel where on the neck he was touching. "The computer is protected by a slim layer of a material which is close to amber, which is why you wouldn't be able to operate on a cyborg, without special tools." He held up something that looked slightly like a flashlight. V turned away. He wasn't too keen on seeing how he looked inside. He walked away and leaned against the door while he watched the doctors back.
 "Hey, Ryo?" He said after awhile. 
 "What is it?" The man asked without adverting his gaze from his patient. 
 "Hasn't cyborg operations been active for like 20 years?"
 "Eleven." The doctor corrected him. 
 "Yeah, but how are I and the others different compared to them?" V asked and held his breath. 
 "Well..." He answered and stood up straight as he looked into the air in front of him. "They don't have the same modification." He said and looked at V. "Our boss told us told us to to do it, so we just did." He muttered and looked at the boy that he was operating on. "The computer was a new accessory. You must have noticed that it's simple to change the gears." He said and nodded at V's leg. "I'm not really proud of any of this, even if it was exciting in the beginning when I got the job." he sid with a sigh.
 "Do you know who the head is?" V asked with a shaky voice. He felt like he was standing on a rail, just waiting for the train to run over him. He took a deep breath.
 "No." Dr. Kim said quietly and continued with the surgery. "They usually sent this doctor named Jung Il Go. But he's dead now." He continued. V sat heavy down on one of the chairs. He watched Ryo continuing with his work fifteen minutes or so. 
"Done." He said and V looked over at the boy. He seemed unchanged, but V hadn't felt any different when he got his chip removed either. He helped the old doctor cary the patient to table in what seemed to be a kitchen. "Next up." Ryo said and Jungkook stood up after looking at V, and helped him place the brown haired boy in the operating room, and then with help from V, the other boy in the hospital bed. Without saying anything, he then took V's hand. 
 "Not what you had hoped to hear, huh?" He said. V nodded. "Don't worry to much about it. One day, you might find out what happened. But until then, don't sweat it." He said and V tried to put on a happy smile. 
 "Thanks," he said. He seems older than me somehow... He thought as Jungkook let go of his hand, smiled, and patted his back carefully. V gave him a weak smile back. A beeping noise woke them both up from their special moment. Jungkook jumped a bit and quickly removed his hand from V. Both had faces redder than tomatoes when Jungkook pressed a button on his bracelet and answered the call. 
 "Mum?" He asked when he saw who the caller was on the hologram in front of him. 
 "Jungkook, my darling." She said and smiled warmly. "I'm terrible sorry, V, but could I borrow Jungkook from you for a sec?" She asked and winked at V. He nodded back. The slightly aged woman had always supported them. In any way. As she usually said, which always put a pink blush on V's cheeks. Jungkook shrugged and walked out of the room. V sighed and looked at the boy that laid on the hospital bed next to Mr. Kim's kitchen table. The only sign that he still was alive, was his chest that constantly rose and sank. Closing his eyes, V suddenly realized how tired he was. Just a minute. He thought, but was soon fast asleep. 
 
 "And it's done!" V immediately woke up and looked with half opened eyes at Ryo that stood in the door opening with a smile. 
 "Thank you for the help." Heard a voice next to him say and he nearly jumped high when he saw Jungkook next to him. He blushed slightly before he could gather himself. Had he slept on his shoulder?
 "Yeah, thanks." He said and peered thru the light up room behind the doctor. 
 "I'm just happy to be able to do something again, and to be able to help of course." He hurried to say. He looked at the room he just came from. "Can one of you help me cary this one?" Ryo pleaded and Jungkook went into the other room. Collecting his thoughts, V looked at Jungkook as he returned with the boy. Something distant had filled his eyes and V wondered what the call earlier had been about. They laid the boy on the kitchen table, and V we froze as he saw the boys neck. He had two stars with eight points tattooed high up on his neck, close to his left ear. Who are you? He thought as a shiver went down his spine, and he swallowed hard.
 "Here." He looked up at Jungkook that smiled wide at him. V took the cold drink from Jungkook's hand. He turned to the doctor behind him. Dr. Kim had a big smile at his face. Slightly out of character. V looked at the bottle in his right hand and smiled too. 
 "Where did you get this?" He asked and Ryo winked. 
 "I could tell you, but then I'd have to kill you." V laughed. He didn't doubt it at all. 
 "This went illegal for thirteen years ago, you know that?" asked he. 
 "Yeah." He said with a proud smile. He then squinted his eyes, and walked towards the hospital bed.
"How do you feel, boy?" The old man asked the blonde guy as he slowly regained his senses. 
"I don't know. Alright, I think." He answered in a pretty dark voice and tried to sit up. "Hey, is that J-Hope?" He asked as he turned towards the brown haired boy that Dr. Kim just had finished operating on. 
 "I guess so...?" answered V him as he looked closer at the boy, as if the name was written on him somewhere. 
 "Thank you for helping us anyway." The boy said with a smile on his face. "You can call me Rap monster." He said and took up his sunglasses from the table next to him and placed them in his wild looking hair. 
 "Nice to meet 'cha!" V said with a smile. "Call me V, and this is my friend Jungkook and this man is Kim Ryo. He's the one that helped you." 
 "Thank you." Rap Monster said as he made a ninety-degrees bow. 
 "No problem." Ryo said with a smile.
 "Do you remember anything?" Jungkook asked in a way that you'd only talk to a caged animal. 
 "Some bits." He said with an exhalation. "It's all so blurry. It felt just like a dream. You know te feeling when you can't really control what's happening. It might feel like you do, but you really don't." He said with his eyes fixed on the floor. "Oh God. I really regret everything I did." He said in deep agony. 
 "Me too." A voice behind V said. 
 "You must be J-Hope." Jungkook said to the boy that now sat up on the bench behind them. 
 "Yeah." J-Hope answered.
 "Jungkook, Ryo, and I'm V," V said. 
 "Nice to meet you all." He said and looked around in the room. "Hey!" He suddenly exclaimed."Is that...?!" He asked with gleaming eyes. V looked down at his hand. He looked to his left and heard Rap Monster laugh beside him. 
 "Illegal." He said with a smile. 
 "Illegal yummy!" J-Hope said. 
 "Here you go." Ryo said and threw them both a bottle that they caught easy. 
 "This sure bring back memories." V said an looked at Jungkook. 
 "Yeah." He said with a distant smile. 
 "Never thought I'd see a Coke again." Rap Monster said laughing as he opened it. 
 "Yes." J-Hope said and took a sip. "Illegal amount of caffeine." He said and held back a burp. The precious moment was only the calm before the storm, and V knew that.
It was all going to end soon enough.
 
 
A/N: Sorry it took some time. Hope I made up for it with a long chapter!