Chapter 5

You don't know me anymore
✧༚ Chapter V 
 
 
V looked at the pile of metal. Once up on a time, the pile of junk had been a robot that delivered ice cream. But after the Great War against all the robots, normal humans had to take after where the robots had ended. 
Since it was several degrees over 20 Celsius, both V and Jungkook wore t-shirts. Though, V also wore a long leather glove, quite similar to the kind people with big birds like hawks had. But the glove didn't catch much attention because a lot of weirder things were in fashion. Animal eyes instead of human, funny looking ears and tropical feathers or scales on clothes was just a few of them. 
A few meters away from a dark green metal house, the boys suddenly stopped. The ice cream shop was empty if you didn't count the owner, so V opened the door and they both walked into the store. The room was painted in a bright red color, and the metallic chairs were spray painted white. The fairy lights in the windows made the whole shop look a bit like Christmas present. Walking towards the desk, Jungkook and V didn't even have to look at the sign with the flavors to know what they wanted. 
 "I'll take one chocolate and coco, and V will take one raspberry and vanilla." Jungkook said friendly to the girl behind the window. 
 "Just a sec, boys." She said with a wink to them both. Mrs Lee, the old lady that had worked at the shop even when robots had taken over everyone else's shops. Both Jungkook and V used to joke about her being the ice cream-queen. She was the only person, except Jungkook, that knew a bit about how the boys became friends. It was near her shop that Jungkook had found V, wandering alone with no purpose.  "Here you go boys" she said after a minute. V took the ice cream cones that she held and smiled as he said thanks, as V took up his wallet and paid for the ice creams. Neither V or Jungkook used to pay with real money, but really old shops, like Mrs. Kim's shop, didn't have any registerator, so wireless payment through ID-cards that looked like bracelets, didn't work. V and Jungkook slowly walked away from the shop, and was only about twenty meters away from the shop when someone suddenly came running towards them.  Neither of them got any time to react before a boy with green nearly glowing eyes, snatched Jungkook’s wallet and ran. By reflex, V threw himself at the attacker and pinned him to the ground with his left hand on the boys neck. 

 ”V!” Jungkook exclaimed worried and stepped over the two ice cream cones that lay on the ground where V had dropped them. ”You okay?” He asked. Nodding V said ”yes” and stood up after making sure that the thief was going to stay down.

 "Maybe not saving a life, but at least your wallet." V said as he gave the wallet back to Jungkook. 
"I'm sorry I can't say the same about your ice cream..." He then continued and looked down on the dropped cone. 
 "Never mind that." Jungkook said and looked down at the boy that had tried to steal his wallet. He walked towards him and V looked closer at the boy. He couldn't be much older than himself and didn't look like he was in need of any money. His green cat eyes, designer SnapBack and black leather jacket made him look like a gangster, but because he didn't use a weapon, he surely wasn't one. V looked down at the male that slowly sat up straight, looking at V with anything but hatred. Excitement twinkling in his dark lined eyes as he liked over at Jungkook and then back at V again. 
 "Man, you're much stronger than you look." He said in awe and then stood up and reached his hand out towards V. "I'm Jimin." He said and smiled. "Sorry for the trouble just now." He said and tilted his head as he looked apologetic at Jungkook. Not hesitating as long as V, Jungkook took Jimin's hand and shook it. 
 "It's fine." He assured him. "Your parents works together with mine." He said and nodded. 
 "Yeah." Jimin said with a sigh and then looked down on the dropped ice cream cone. "Let me buy you a new." He said.
 
The three of them sat down on the empty swings. Because the playground was full with sharp metal pieces, no families came to visit, so the boys were there alone. 
 "So you guys know each other?" V asked confused and looked over at Jimin that shook his head as he took a bite of the ice cream. He shivered and made a funny face.
 "Only by pictures." He said. 
 "Oh." V said, not knowing what to say next. 
 "So what was the reason for you attacking us before?" Jungkook asked and looked at Jimin that had directed his full attention on the ice cream again.
 "Life you know. Having famous scientists as parents can both be a blessing and a burden." He looked over at Jungkook. "I wanted to try something new you know. Live like there's no tomorrow." He sighed and sat up. "I don't know about you, but everything seems a bit too peaceful. Like the weather before a storm." V could feel a shiver down his spine at the boys words. Too peaceful...
"But what do I know." He said and laughed. 
A loud boom could be heard, followed by screaming voices. Startled, they all jumped and looked over at the direction where the noises came from. Two shadows with a police uniform could be seen from the same direction. 
The boys saw the men in blue running towards them. 
 "Get out from there!" The screamed as they waved at them to follow them. An alarm could suddenly be heard and the boys hurried to follow the policemen. 
 "What's happening?" Jimin asked as he gasped for air when they stopped behind some huge wooden boxes in a dark alley. Even the well-trained boy Jimin, with clearly visible abs, seemed affected by the sudden and long run. 
 "No idea." Jungkook said with big eyes as he looked at the policemen. 
 "There's been an attack." One of them said while catching his breath.
 "They're trying to break into the blue house." The other one said and took out his gun. 
 "Who?" V asked with a dry throat. "Androids?" He asked but the policeman just shook his head. 
 "Cyborgs" he said and pointed the gun at V's head. 
 
A/N: Kekeke! I'm thinking of changing my name to Miss. Cliffhangers Cx No, jk. Well anyway, I hope you all enjoyed the chapter ^^