Chapter 14

You don't know me anymore
✧༚ Chapter XIV 
V had been ready for an uproar when he was allowed to stay because of all the sideways glances... But Donna seemed to have the absolutely last word and no one said anything to him. Which of course what intimidating in it self. V had tried to get a chance to talk with Jungkook, but he seemed busy whenever V tried to approach him. Jungkook was avoiding him and V didn't even know what to say to him.
 "Tell me, Taehyung." Donna said and turned away from the man that she just had talked to. "Or do you prefer V?" 
"V works good." V said and tried  to brush away the feeling he always got when someone mentioned his real name.
 "Do you know why they took Jungkook?" She asked wondering but V didn't have any answer to that question. "Maybe to get to you...?" She mumbled to herself and squinted her eyes when she looked at V as if he had the answer written on him.
 "I'm not sure." V said weakly under her strong gaze. 
 "Well, hopefully it wasn't because of anything important." She said in a light tone and gave V a reassuring smile. 
 "I'll just need to check a thing with Mr. Choi so just stay here and I'll be back soon!" Donna said and ran away towards a man with a bunch of papers in his arms and a big coffee mug which said "Enemy's tears" in a hard grip. V stood still at his spot awkwardly and tried to be invisible as he looked around at the people around him. He saw Jungkook and Illhwan taking to each other close to the doorway Donna had left through and V felt a sting of jealousy flow in his veins and he tried his best to not jump to assumptions. 
Two men in their fifties walked by V and talked in a ridiculously loud voice.
 "Mr. K-pop idol wouldn't survive out there without someone by his side." A man with a belly bigger than Santa said. In his left hand he held a hammer and V didn't doubt that he could swing it with power if needed. 
 "Quiet idiot!" The guy walking next to him said. "You've seen that arm of his, right?" He said and looked at V like he was a freak. "His dad made some sick experiments with him and he's like a wolverine now with a stronger bone structure than anyone in this room and with stronger senses than a wolf." He held up a paper towards his friend and the Santa guy read it. 
 "I see why Donna want him close." He then said and stared at V. 
 "Quiet now boys." Illhwan then said behind the two men and they both tensed and dropped their gazes. V let out a breath a noticed that he'd held his breath as they talked. "You just need to trust or leaders' decision and keep quiet." He continued and they ran away, leaving V wondering about what kind of influence Illhwan must have over the organization. 
"What did you talk about with Jungkook?" V asked Illhwan with a slight frown on his face without thinking. 
"He asked if we could take in some of his friends and if we'd heard any news about the explosion on the airport." V relaxed slightly when he heard Illhwa's answer and took a deep breath.
 "Thanks."
 "No problem." Illhwan replied and walked away.
 "Looks like you and Illhwan might become good friends in the future." V could hear someone say behind him and he turned dumbfounded. 
 "The only friend I'd make here in that case." He said with a snort. 
"No matter what other people say, I think you could be great with a bit training." Donna said and smiled at V. It was a friendly smile, but it made V feel smaller as she patted V's shoulder. "I've decided that I'll let Illhwan train you and hopefully make you a worthy member and someone we could count on when we meet your dad again." She continued and V noticed her saying when and not If. She'd need to have a great plan to free the cyborgs and crush all enemies to be that confident in herself. 
 "By the way", she said just as she was about to leave him. "I let a research team take a look at your arm while you were away and they were quite impressed. They did however want to change a thing or two so they'll come over with the equipment later." She smiled at V as if she'd done him a big favor. V smiled back out of curtesy. But he couldn't stop thinking that the arm was something his dad had given him. His own dad had amputated him and changed him into something from an old marvel comic. He'd made his own son inhuman without even blinking an eye.
 
 
A/N: I'm sorry it took me so long to update again -__- I have a feeling that I just should've ended the story the way I wanted before because I somehow feel less motivated now when I've changed it XD 
But don't worry! I've never NOT finished a story (that I've published myself) so you'll have your mysterious ending soon enough c;