Chapter 21

You don't know me anymore

 ✧༚ Chapter XXI 

The tent was quiet. V turned carefully around, no one seemed to be awake in the large tent made for ten people to share. Confusion had erupted and taken over both camps when his dad died, leaving the rebels shattered like pieces of a broken vase. Some of them had fled when they'd found out that their leader had been killed on neutral ground. Not taking any risks to die the same way. Others had surrounded and given up, their will to fight gone. The ones V truly had began to slightly admire were the people resisting to break down and loose their way. Though the smartest move was doubtlessly to give up and pray for forgiveness. 
Jungkook had talked to Rap Monster and J-Hope on V's behalf as he himself was unable to leave as he was constantly being watched by people after the stunt that Donna had pulled. He was confined to the tent "for his own safety" and had been shut off the outside world. If it hadn't been for the built in computer in his head that kept him updated by telling him how many degrees it was outside and or how long it would be until the guards changed outside the tent, he'd surely be on the verge of insane already. V had learned their schedule and was monitoring any irregularities to feel like he had any idea of what was going on outside. The tent he was in was one of the many hospitalized styled tents and the only people who where there besides himself, were the ones with missing limbs, third degree burns and other extreme accidents. It was all quite nasty and V felt like he himself was turning sick just by staying in the same area as the poor people he shared the place with. He had heard of Jungkook that they had buried his dad on the other side and that it all was about to be wrapped up soon enough. V sat quietly up in the bed. The guards were taking their rounds in twenty minutes and V's nerves were frying of excitement. He was deadly nervous of trying the escape plan and hoped that V had gotten his information. He had sent an anonymous message from the communicator that one of the newly deceased in the tent had around his wrist before the nurses took away his body. V's own gears had been stripped of him the moment he had arrived inside the sterilized tent. He tiptoed quietly away from the tent and stopped before a hovercraft. The vessel looked slightly like a bubble and was big enough for twenty people at least. Three people came running towards him and V was about to duck behind it before he saw Jungkook waving. He stopped dead in his tracks and smiled when he saw Rap Monster and J-Hope next to him. They were all carrying two bags each and Jungkook had a dark bomber jacket under his left arm.
 "This one's for you." Jungkook said in a hushed voice and a smile on his face that matched V's own. 
 "Thank you." V answered and touched Jungkook's hand slightly longer than necessary when he recived the outerwear. He quickly put on the jacket and started to help the boys to carry their stuff into the bubble. They strapped the backpacks to the seats. V turned to the control pannel in the middle of the vehicle and was just about to press the coordinates. The second he was done, he turned  around and got a quick one-armed hug of Rap Monster. J-Hope was next and clasped V's right hand and colliding with him before giving him a hard pat on the back. Jungkook looked at the scene with glee as he buckled up and sat down in the seat next to him.
 "Let's escape this place now." He then whispered and V nodded with a smile, happy to have all three of them on his side.
 "Where are we going?” J-Hope asked exited. The war had been hard on all of them and they all wanted to get away from the battle scene. 
 "Busan, to pick up some friends." V answered just before the engine started. 
 
A/N: I'm sorry for the delay, but BTS short films and mv and album and dance and everything got me GOOD. I died a bit.