Chapter 10

You don't know me anymore

✧༚ Chapter X 

 

 

The trip to the airport was silent. The underground train was full of people wearing expensive clothes and with metal pieces and feathers hanging from their hair. Probably some new trend for the upperclass, he thought and smiled a bit at the scene. The underground trains were more safe than the cars as they weren't controlled by a person. Though the both ways of traveling was nearly equally as fast, the cars were harder to control due to them having a greater area to maneuver on. V remembered when his dad took him to visit his grandpa for the first time. The old man had showed him an really old car, old enough to be standing in a museum. His grandpa had the engine and the vehicle had let out a weak cough of dark grey smoke. The pride in his eyes as he'd explain that it went on fossil fuel was the last thing V remembered of him. He died a month later.

V let out a sigh and looked at the well dressed people sitting in neat rows. 

A woman dressed in black from head to heels sat in front of V, carefully inspecting her nails. She looked deadly with parts of her face covered like a ninja with a black scarf. Though V liked her sense of fashion, her cold grey eyes made him feel uneasy. She looked up at him and their eyes looked for a second before V turned his gaze to the floor. 

 

 

The train was emptied twenty minutes later, and V took a deep breath. It had been a bit quiet to his taste, and he turned to Jungkook. 

 ”Why did I even follow you to this place? It’s too quiet and far too many people.” He said with a sigh.

 ”Because you’re an amazing friend?” Jungkook said with a big grin on his face. ”Or an idiot”. 

 ”Must be one of them at least.” V said with a small smile.

 "Just finished leaving our bags." Jungkook’s parents said happily and V turned amazed to them. There was a lot of people at the airport, so he wondered how they possible could’ve checked in that fast. 

 ”Only 20 minutes left now, eh?" V said and they walked towards his friends parents. They both smiled at V and began to walk towards the safety control gate. Stopping a few meters away from the scanning frame, V took the Jungkook to the side.

"Take care of yourself", he whispered into his neck while hugging him. 

 "You too." The boy answered him. Slightly embarrassed after the very unmanly goodbye he had bid his friend, he cleared his throat. 

 ”Goodbye Mr. and Mrs. Jeon” He said and bowed respectfully. 

 ”See you soon, V” Mr. Jeon said and patted his shoulder. 

 ”Excuse me Mr.?” A voice could be heard behind him. He turned around and saw a man dressed all in black talking to Jungkook about safety and insisted on taking him to the side and check something in his bag. V smiled at Jungkook that sighed, and began walking towards the ticket both to buy a ticket back. He saw the grey eyed woman looking at him from the end of the room. She winked at him and he saw her holding a shiny black item in her left hand. He looked the square shaped thing. His brain began searching for information together with the computer for the item. He swore that she was smiling under the scarf that covered . Bomb. The word popped up in his head as he saw her walking thru the exit with another man, he also dressed in black. V's hair stood at the end, and he only got a milli second to throw himself below a bench before the roof caged in. The silence that appeared after the loud crash, left a monotone ringing in his ears, and for a second, he couldn't see anything but dust.

He knew that something had been of. Attacking the airport, huh? He thought. Clever move. He coughed and was careful to not breath in all the dust flying around the room. He pushed the bench up with his left hand. It was a lot heavier than he could ever had imagined. Chunks of the roof covered the seats and if it hadn't been for his cyborg powers, he'd probably been dead. He tried to press on the button that would allow a ray of light to emerge from his bracelet, but it seemed like it was broken. He sent a quiet prayer that everyone survived, though he knew they impossible could've. His eyes watered because of the dust that feel down in his eyes as he carefully tried to smash a hole that he could dig out of. He didn't have time to wait for help to come. Jungkook had been talking to a man who looked a lot like one of the terrorists. V had to know if he was alright. After some minutes had passed, he was free. He didn't know if the ringing in his ears were a sign of tinnitus, or just the only sound his brain could come up with in the silence.  

 "Jungkook? Mr. And Mrs. Jeon?" He called out and rubbed his eyes with the hem of his shirt. His own voice sounded muffled in his own ears, and he walked carefully away from the disaster area. His own bracelet had been destroyed so he had to find the emergency phone to contact helpers. Outside the airport, he could see speed marks burned into the asphalt. He looked around, and it didn’t take him long to find the emergency button. He pressed the emergency button on the red metallic box and a loud siren could be heard thru the whole airport. The noise soothed V's nerves, and he hastily looked after the emergency phone inside the box. V hurried to bend up his own destroyed bracelet, and took out his memory ship before he insert it in the phone. He pressed on the application that allowed him to see Jungkook's whereabouts, and saw a moving dot towards the center of Seoul. V turned around, searching for something. Anything that could help him. He saw the parking lot to his right. He began running towards it with only one thought in his head. Finding Jungkook. He stopped outside a white old car. He looked at his left arm, then punched the window. Hard. He clenched his teeth when he felt pain rising in his shoulder, but his fingers seemed whole. He took out the mini screwdriver that he kept in his left arm and placed it in the keyhole. He turned it and nothing happened. He sighed frustrated and hit the panel. A light and the engine started. V had never even thought about driving a car, and decided followed the instructions that the computer gave him. He didn’t like to use his non human parts, but he didn’t have the luxury to think about it. V took a last look at the red dot that was Jungkook and began driving.

 

A/N: I'm terrible sorry for being such a bad author ;__; I promise that next chapter will be much better and that I'll post it asp. I've had a lot of stuff going on lately, but it's kinda ok right now. Take care everyone, and have a Happy Halloween!