Chapter 6

You don't know me anymore

✧༚ Chapter VI 

 

 "Excuse me but what are you doing?" Jimin asked in a cold arrogant tone. "I demand you to turn away that gun from our friend's head." He said with eyes gleaming with ferocity and the policeman that didn't point his gun at V's head looked at him as he if he was out of his mind. 

 "He's a cyborg." He said and nodded his head at V. 

 "We are fully aware of that." Jungkook said in a calming voice, but he looked over at V with worried eyes. "Now if you please release him..." He slowly said, but the policeman shook his head. 

 "I don't know why he isn't affected like all the other cyborgs around here, but we need to take him with us to find out why." The one that held a gun against V's head said and pressed the gun a little harder against the back of his head, making him walk forward. He tapped at his bracelet three times, V wondered what kind of code he'd sent. He didn't have to wait long until a police car pulled up in front of him. 

 "Hey! He's innocent!" Suga said as a last weak attempt to make them release V, but they both just shook their heads and showed V in the back of the car. 

V had to restrain himself from bitting his nails, like he usually did when he was under pressure or felt distracted. He kept wondering what Jungkook and Suga was doing, why the cyborgs began to attack innocent people and why he wasn't affected. 

 

As soon as V arrived at the police station, countless of things happened in a few seconds. After minutes, or hours, and after doing several tests, V was lead into a room with four policemen. The room looked like a grandma had decorated it and V would probably have laughed of he hadn't been so nervous. He sat down the chair that they offered him and looked down at his hands that he had placed at the table infront of him.

"At one o'clock, surveillance cameras picked up strange behaviors among the cyborgs. Even people without any criminal records began to act out of the normal. These... People have started disturbance among coworkers and citizens. Something we can't tolerate." The police officer with glasses said. 

"You're the first cyborg who's acting properly and that's why you're under our custody as suspected for destroying private property, manslaughter and-"

 "-Hey! I haven't done any of that!" V exclaimed in shock and anger as one of the men in front of him just smirked and wrote something done in a book before him. Supplied, V sank deeper into the chair and felt how his face slowly turned red. 

He had never been at a police station. Hell, he had never done anything wrong his whole life. He felt his face burn red of anger and fear. What had he done to deserve this?! His dad had died when V himself only was ten years old. Three years later, and he woke up in a old spooky-looking hospital with tubes and stuff linking him to various weird machines. He hadn't had a clue how he had ended up there, for how long he had been there, or who it was that had kidnapped him. The only thing he’d known when he woke up, was that whoever it was that had taken him, had cut of his perfectly fine left arm. He knew that, and a lot of other stuff that he didn’t want to know. That the clock was 18:00 sharp, the fact that it was 10 degrees in the room and the precise coordinates on where on the globe he was. All the information that his brain picked up thanks to the computerlike thing that someone had placed in the back of his head. Taehyung, that was his real name, had scared and lost he walked home. Letting his legs cary him to place that he called home with help of the map over the area that appeared in his head. When he finally arrived home, things had changed. Somehow, V had been gone for two whole years. With not a single memory about what had happened. He stayed with his mum for a while, but she clearly felt uncomfortable with him around. He never found out what it was that had happened when he was gone, and one day when he got home, his mum had died in a car accident. Guilt, sadness, anger? V still didn't know what to feel, but he knew that he would never go back to that house. That's why he'd packed all his things and left. 

 ”We’re only trying to figure out why you aren’t doing the same thing as those other cyborgs out there” One of the policemen said. Judging by the stars on his uniform, he was one of the higher-ups in the office. The two golden stars made V shiver when he thought back about what Jin had said before. 

 ”Don’t you think I want to know that too?!” V spat out. "I don't know more than you guys. And definitely not why the cyborgs are acting strange." Or why I even am a cyborg... He wanted to add, but didn't. He quieted down as the computer-like thing in his head began to send information on how to win an argument. And suddenly, V knew exactly what he had to do.  

 "This isn't right", he said and stood up. Judging by the surprised looks on the policemen’s faces, they hadn’t thought that he was going to say anything more. Heck, he hadn't even expected that himself. ”You can’t keep me here forever.” He said then with sudden confidence as he looked at the guy with glasses. ”I know my rights, and you can’t expect me to stay here and for more than 12 hours.” He said as the computer in the back of his head collected information about the law.

”Don’t even try to walk away from this room.” The police man with the stars said and looked angrily at the teenager that dared to oppose him. ”If you do, I’ll make sure that you never will be able to get a job." 

 ”You don’t have anything on me to make me stay.” V said, feeling rather calm. ”It's illegal to point a gun at an innocent civil, and hearing how you just threatened me, I’m free to go.” He said and rose from the chair. ”Unless you want to take this to the court.” He continued and looked down at the man. With eyes gleaming with anger, the man stared back at V, but he knew that he'd lost. V nodded quietly and walked with a steady pace out from the room, away from the police office. He didn't stop until he had reached the door that lead out of the building. There, he stopped and collected his breath before he opened the door manually with his bracelet. 

 

The door closed two seconds after V had left the building. Without any hesitation, he walked down the stairs towards Jungkook and Jimin that stood and waited for him outside, busy with having a heated argument with a policeman. On shaky legs V stopped in front of the surprised boys. 

 "So how was prison? Got any nice tattooes?" Jimin began to ask, but got cut of by Jongkook. 

 "You okay?" He asked and nodded at the building that V just had come out from. 

 "Yeah." V answered tired. "They decided to let me go in the end, but they're still suspicious I guess." He said with a sigh. "I wonder what's happening..." He said and looked at the cars swoosh by him.

 "The polices never looses their cool." Jungkook said agreeing. 

 "A cyborg revolt?" Jimin suggested but he knew as good as the other boys that it wasn't the case. He looked out at the sea of cars and gave of an extremely unmanly squeak as a long black car began to drive towards them. 

 "What is it, Jimin?" V asked confused as the boy shrank a bit in size as the car pulled up in front of them. 

 "Young master, Jimin." A bald guy in his forties said as he stepped out of the car. The man wore a black business suit and looked like a pretty nice, but boring man. 

 "They want me away from this glorious mess, huh?" Jimin asked with a sigh and turned to the guy. The way the man nodded and then bowed as he opened the door for Jimin made V think that he was some kind of a butler. 

 "I'm sorry guys." Jimin said with a frown on his face as he began to walk towards the car. "I wish I could stay and help you, but my parents will probably ban me from ever going out again if I don't follow now." He said and shoot a glance of annoyance at the car. "Call me if you need any help." He said with a wink and stepped inside the car. V felt a sting of jealousy as he looked how Jimin got taken away. He nearly wished that he could change life with the rebelious boy. It made him wonder about how his own parents would've acted. But they're dead, V scold himself. 

 "So where do we start?" Jungkook asked. V nearly brust out into laughter. Most of the times, V was the one with a question, and Jungkook the one with the answer. V nervously tugged on the hem of his t-shirt. 

 "Well, I guess we start with going to Mr. weird mechanic." He said after thinking for some seconds. "I have a feeling that he might know something we don't."

 

A/N: So, this chapter got a bit longer than it was supposed to be, so I'll have to change my plan for the chapters slightly. Hope the ending was exciting enough anyway ^^