Chapter 15

You don't know me anymore

✧༚ Chapter XV 

 

Two weeks had passed since V began with his special training.
At the beginning, V couldn't even survive a single minute in the circle. Illhwan was a strong willed, but humane teacher and taught V the basics at the same time he tried to help V with a strategy to help him win over lesser opponents. 
 "Use your left arm. I know that you're right handed but the weight lays in your left one, so catch the opponent with you right and hit them with your left." V tried his best to escape one of Illhwan's punches and nearly managed to. The punch landed on his left upper arm that was fully human and made of flesh.
 "That will leave a bruise..." He said between clenched teeth and his opponent nodded. 
 "Yes. But thanks to your enhanced skeleton, that's all." He backed away from V and let the boy catch his breath. "I know people with a small body like yourself that would have broken bones after getting hit by some punches." V felt a shiver down his spine as he realized what he just had been told. 
 "So you're punching your hardest right now?" V asked surprised but Illhwan shook his head. 
 "Just like you, I've gotten a few modifications. I'm trying to punch you with the same strength as a normal opponent would." He answered and V felt a mix between relief to know that he wasn't receiving extreme punches, and embarrassment as he understood how weak he must be. 
 "Wait." V then said as he thought about what Illwhan just had said. "Also modified?" He asked confused and got a nod as an answer. 
 "Yeah. My old man was one of the guys involved in this experiment and he changed something in my DNA, I think, when I was a teen." V gulped down some air. He felt stupid as he realized that he was far from the only person that had a gone through a few unfortunate events thanks to the cyborg experiments. 
 "I'm sorry, I didn't know." V said sincere. 
 "No worries man. These upgrades have proven to be quite useful." He said with a smile. 
 "Illhwan..." A young male around V's age came up and put a hand on the older man's shoulder. 
 "Yeah, Jungjae?" He asked and boy named Jungjae leaned closer and whispered something in his ear. Illhwan nodded and then turned to V that's stood there slightly confused. 
 "They want us over at B20 to go through some stuff concerning the attacks and where the control unites can be." V nodded and took up the towel and quickly dabbed his forehead before running after him.
 
V felt incredible out of place when he walked into the room of people that all stopped talking when they entered the room. Well this is not uncomfortable at all... He thought quietly to himself as he stopped next to Donna and saw Jungkook's face among the people in the crowd. He sighed.
 "Professor?" Donna said and turned to one of the men in a white lab-coat.
 "Yeah. Okey." He said and pressed a button on his wristband and a big hologram of the Earth popped up.
 "So, we're pretty sure that the people controlling the cyborgs have different main channels to control them from. I mean, who would only have one plan or control?" The professor laughed and took a big sip, if you even could call it that, from a cup standing on the table. "We have pinpointed places around the world where the probability of the station that they're sending the signals from are the greatest. All the weird electromagnetic disturbances from the last month have been located and we have so far found three places in America and Europe, one in China and Africa and two in Korea." He coughed. 
 "Good job, Jungjae." Donna said to the professor with a smile. Jungjae blushed slightly and bowed clumsy, nearly spilling out all the coffee and making the planet to look like it was going to crash into the floor. 
 "Thank you, Donna." He said with a smile. "I've set up a plan for us too and if you say it's ok, I'll contact my cousin in New York who's working with FBI." He continued and Donna nodded. 
 "That would be great. I know someone in Europe that probably can help us out there." She said. Then turning to V and Illhwan and asked "How's it going for the two of you?" 
 "Great." Illhwan said with a poker face and V's cheeks turned red. 
 "Yeah. Kinda." He mumbled quietly and Donna smiled. 
 "Good. Then I herby declare the meeting to be over." As soon as the words left people began to disappear from the room. 
"Jungkook!" V shouted as he saw him leaving the room. He hurried to catch up to his friend that was right about to walk around a corner. "Are you alright?" He asked carefully not really knowing what els to ask. 
 "Yeah." Jungkook said and stopped in his tracks, facing V. "Was it anything more you wanted?" He then asked when V remained quiet. 
 "Are you angry at me? Because if you are, I totally understand it. And if you don't want to see my face again it's alright because I care more about your feelings than mine" V hurried to say before Jungkook got the chance to leave and looked embarrassed down at the floor.
"Gosh! Of course I'm not angry at you. How could I when I'm the one who's been talking about the terrorists and how bad they are. And then, we find out that your dad is one of them. It's like I've been badmouthing your whole existence and our friendship." Jungkook took a deep breath and looked up at V with slightly teary eyes. V looked up confused at his friend. "I dind't want you to think that I hate you or something and I don't know... Blamed you for stuff." 
 "Did you ever think that you staying away from me had the same impact since I've been feeling like you hate me because my dad abducted you and blew up the airport!" V said angrily and tried to keep his voice down to not draw too much attention, and to prevent himself from tearing up. "You've been avoiding me ever since we got here and I've been so worried that you hated me because of my dad. Or don't like me anymore."
 "Of course I don't hate!" Jungkook said quickly. "You're the person that I care most about in the world." He took V's hand and V could feel his heart beating faster. 
 "Please let's go back to the way it used to be." V whispered and Jungkook nodded. Hugging each other he felt like he finally could breath properly again. 
 
A/N: Yeah a lil quick reference for all you Ahs fans out there B) Comment if you saw it!