Black eye

Ups and Downs of Healing

Yujin waited for a day off of both of them for the visit. She chose some classic cds for her friend , that loved classical music hoping that she still was fond of it. Jimin was quite stressed by the whole thing and grateful. His wife was opening to him her 5 years of the Center, making him able to meet with her friends. It was an honor, she trusted him so much. They waited in a café and soon Yujin stood up to greet her friend with a big hug. Jimin was bothered, Yujin wasn't expressive with people,  so if she hugged him he means a lot to her. Seo Ha Joon was a rather short guy, shorter than Yujin, with glasses, an awkward smile.


Jimin stoopd up and presented himself  "Park Jimin her husband."


The man looked at him with admiration, delight :

" So you're the loving husband Yujin kept bragging about."
They sat and Seo Ha Joon looked at them sat close to each other. "Whaouh Yujin, it's unbelievable."


"You look incredibly cute together. I'm so happy for you." He said, making Jimin smile.


"Ha Joon, is your project going smoothly ?"


He nodded. "Huh, some TV channels think about airing it once it's over. I want to take a last video of you and Ha Neul. But Ha Neul, she changed so much, I'm not sure she would accept."


"I can try talking to her. We were close back then."


They headed there and Yujin pointed at the building in the other part of the garden.


"Jimin you see this building there ? This is where we spent our 5 years. The building we'll be entering is for adults."


He nodded, feeling weird to be here. Yujin grabbed his arm and patted his cheek. They walked to the room of Ha Neul. The woman was sitting on her bed, eyes fixing a random thing. Jimin and Yujon were quite shocked to find a weak, thin lady. However, when she noticed the changes  she tried to smile, she doesn't have the right to judge .
"Ha Neul, I'm here with some friends today." Ha Joon said with a gentle voice. She didn't even look at him or at them.


"Do you remember of Yujin ? I told you I met her last week; here she is to visit you !" He said cheering. The woman suddenly sat up and crossed Yujin eyes. While Yujin smiled brightly at her, Ha Neul inspected the girl a long moment.


"Oh gosh Yujin, you became so bright. Did you just smile ? Did the smirky and highty Yujin smiled ? Where my shaved head is gone ?"


Yujin chuckled and sat on the chair next to the bed. "It's been a long time. I just let my hair grow."


They chit chatted for few minutes, until Ha Neul noticed finally Jimin.
"Who's this ?" She asked curious. Yujin stoop up and holding hands with Jimin she brings him until the bed.
"Park Jimin, my husband."
Jimin greeted the woman, but sensed a mood change in the room.


"So you're married Yujin ? It's so unlike you ..."


"Huh, I had the chance to meet him."


Ha Neul laughed and stared at Jimin. "Do you love her Park Jimin ? Do you know everything about her ? She used to hate men furiously, and she isn't that sane you know. She must put on a pretty good show with her pretty face."
Jimin stayed silent, not knowing how to answer. He looked at his wife that shook her head.


"Sure sure let's say you're happy together. Did you come to rub your happinees in my face ? You find me pitiful right ?"


Ha Neul started to shout furiously at Yujin that listenned to everything with patience. Jimin realized how special this person is to her. Yujin is made of fire, she isn't able to hold back with a lot of persons. Here she was like a frightened kitten listenning to her friend insults. Finally the mad woman made the fruits packet fell in the floor, making the fruits roll in differents directions on the floor.
Ha Joon reacted right away. "Stop it."


"Yujin, I'm sorry just head out."
She nodded before saying goodbye to the woman that now was fighting Ha Joon to stand up and fight Yujin.
Yujin closed the door, and sighed. Jimin asked right away "Are you okay ?"


She nodded, not affected "I knew it would happen. She needed to release some anger. And I was the best person to be angry at. Ha Joon is too sweet for that, it wouldn't be satisfying"
"Why must she release anger on you ? She was so mean !" Jimin said, pouting. Yujin chuckled and pointed with her finger the room opening the door shortly. Jimin saw the woman crying desperately in the arms of Ha Joon.


"First anger, then tears." She explained to him. He got this thing quite clearly, having experienced this with Yujin. He kissed her cheeks and they exited the building.
*
The next day she went at her school to do class to her young students. She came back home and started to cook right away as usual. As Jimin was an early riser he was charged to cook on the morning and as she come back early for work she was the one cooking on night. She was now washing some dishes gently humming when she sensed  strong arms lock around her waist. She let a dish fall back in surprise.


"Jimin, you scared me."


"You were singing that's why, but there was the usual door locking sound." He said gently. He kissed her neck and they stayed like this, her doing the dishes and Jimin just hugging her from behind.


"You won't get washed before diner ?"


"I'll do it after, too lazy." He said.


She returned herself and was shocked. Jimin was sporting a black eye, his right eye being closed and swollen, with a vivid red,purple and pink colors all around. She crossed his look -well his other eye- and waited for his explanation.


"Stop looking at me like that. I know it's quite bad to see." He said trying to gain her compassion.


"What happened then ?"


"I just received a punch on the eye trying to calm down a robber." He said, uneasy. He used to be more muscular than that and way more responsive. He was not really caring of his eye but of the meaning of this. He had to start back box.
Yujin sighed. "It happens." She hugged him and patted his back gently. Jimin closed his eyes and enjoyed the way his worries disappear when she treats him this way.


"Let me see the thing." She get closer to his eye and touched it with her fingertip. He hissed.


"He didn't miss it right ?" He asked to her.

She nodded with a smile. "This way you just look like the rugby player of the advertissement."
He laughed. She was talking about this famous brand of rugby sportwear, the players were sporting a wide smile and a black eye.


"You're saying that I don't look like them on usual ?" He asked teasingly.
She looked at him in the eyes with a smirk before resting her eyes on his powerful tighs. "I didn't say that."  Jimin followed her look and chuckled.


"Well, let's eat then." They eat in a quite playful atmosphere and finished the day peacefully.
Jimin mom called and he talked on the phone for a short moment. When he finished, he said to Yujin "Don't tell her. I'll try to hide it from her. She hates it so much."
"Weird, she sees way more awful things on a daily basis." Yujin stated.


"It's because my father used to have a lot of them, as he was a boxer. She hated that." Jimin revealed to Yujin, he started back to eat, leaving Yujin in her thoughts. He noticed that she was zoning out. He started to serve himself on her dishes, because it make her usually cringe. She did notice and rolled her eyes.


"What were you thinking about so much that I had the time to eat almost all your kimbap ?"


"You never talk about your father."


He raised his eyes on her. "Well, why would I ? He erased us from his life, we did the same."
She did a grimace, not convinced. "Because when things like this happen, it leaves a scar."


He ruffled her hair and smiled to her "Don't worry about that, I'm fine." She nodded annd they finished to eat.


After the dish washing machine was actionned, Yujin called her own father. Without success. She tried several times, failing. He must have been on a trip. He was now living in San Franscico. They were calling each other very frequently eve if the distance made it harder.
Yujin lied next to Jimin in their bed and saw him applying some cream on his eye. She  did an air kiss close to his eye, making him giggle.


"Are you going to work tomorrow ?"


"Huh, I am." He whined.


" Just put some concealer on it !"


"The swelling, you don't hide swelling that easily;"


"Just sport proudly it then."


"I try this way then. Also I want to start back box ... So i'll be training from tomorrow night." He said fearing her reaction. She nodded, not really affected.


"Can I come and see you when you'll be almost over ?" She asked.


Jimin blushed. A part of him wanted to brag in front of Yujin to appear like the strong and fierce boxer he's not and another wants this activity to stay his, the second part fear that when she'd be here, he would be too affected to train normally.


"Okay, I won't. I saw your worried face." She said, making him jump out of his thoughts. At the same time, it's not like they were spending a lot of time together on a daily basis. It was more than the 30 minutes conversation basis that korean married couple had on a day based on a study. But still, a little hour on the morning, 4 or 5 hours on the night. Now if he starts back box, it will impact on their couple. He used to fight stress and anger this way. Before she appeared back on his life, he was training all of his free time, not letting his mind wander a minute.


"Arrive at 11PM; i'll wrap things from there."

 


Hey !!! Happy new year and enjoy this chapter

I just want to say that before the "main" story starts, the chapters are quite slow and you don't really see the direction of the story, but don't worry about this. There's hints that I sprayed all over !

 

See you !!