Painful past

Ups and Downs of Healing

As they came back home Jimin forget about the incident.

Days passed and one night Yujin arrived quite troubled at the boxing practice room.

"Jimin there is a weird man at the door, he is quite creepy."

"Oh really?"

"Huh."

"Don't worry, we'll be going right now." He said before gathering his things and taking her hand. As they exited the building, Jimin noticed that no one was here. They headed home and Yujin soon grabbed her phone to text. Jimin read it.

'I hear steps and it's not ours'

He looked at her and they changed road where there wasn't anywhere to hide. Now Jimin was able to hear the steps on the concrete. He squeezed Yujin hand and soon released it letting her go to run towards the steps. He put quickly the person on the floor and looking who it was, Jimin loosened his grip and fell on the floor.

This alarted Yujin that rushed to his side. "Jimin, are you okay ?"

She noticed that he became all pale and shaky. His eyes were fixing the man in front of him with a mix of feelings.

"Jimin, I really need to talk to you." The man said gently, trying to take his hand. Jimin removed his hand.

"I don't want to deal with you." The young male replied. The man looked sad but kept going :

"Jimin I know I don't have any rights to appear like that in your life but -"

"SO WHY ARE YOU DOING SO ?" Jimin screamed. Yujin helped him to get up and he accepted, as he stood up he pushed her behing him protectively.

"Go away." Jimin said.

The man nodded and soon left. Yujin hugged Jimin firmly to calm him and soon, he stopped to shake of anger.

"Let's go home okay ?" She whispered. As he didn't leave her hand, they walked to their flat and Jimin went immediately to take a bath. Yujin was worried about him but she had to be patient for him to open up. As she set the table, she sat and waited for Jimin.

"Not hungry, sorry." He said before heading to bed. She entered their bedroom. Jimin seemed deep in thoughts, worrying Yujin. She sat next to him and gently played in his hair. Soon, he placed his head on her lap.

"You met my father." He suddenly said.

"This man was your father ?" Yujin asked surprised. He nodded and sighed.

"He called me several times on my phone but spoke only once , as soon as I recognized his voice I stopped the call and blocked his number."

Yujin made him sat and hugged him, enought to make him miss breath. "I'm here for you."

"Yujin thanks you." he said smiling. Your only presence make me feel better."

"Jimin, how old were you when he left ?"

"He left a week after celebrating my ninth birthday." Jimin replied, his voice shaking. Yujin nodded and keep going with caressing his hair."It's the first time today I see him after he left.I hated that."

"I saw that." She gently said. "But it seems he has a very important thing to tell you."

"I don't care. I really don't. I'm not a son that you can ditch whenever you wants that accepts to meet him as nothing happened."

"You really dislike him." She stated, not that surprised, Jimin talked so harshly to her after they meet back at the fisher village because she left him on horrible words. He smirked.

"You can talk, Yujin !" He said gently "You were the one that hated your mom, I can't really say that you've got closer to her."

Yujin blushed but shook her head. "Jimin, even when I was a toddler, Mom wasn't the affective mother children wants to have. She's a perfect businnesswoman but she was unable to be next to me more than 5 minutes."

"Yujin can I ask you one thing ? How did your parents got married if they didn't like each other ?"

"Appa loved Mom; and Mom well ... she tolareted him." Yujin said trying to find her words making Jimin chuckle. "And appa might be awkward but he's a chabeol son as Mom, he's just soft, they got married to make the oorporation became one. I guess that after severals years of marriage, they needed a heir, so I was born."

"To think that I declined all responsabilities in the coorporation. Poor of them." Yujin said.

"How can you say that when you're just an way to get money for them ?" Jimin asked.

"What 's good to work all your life if your child doesn't want to involve in anything of the Empire you built for her ?" She explained. Jimin nodded, she was so mature.

"I was the maknae, the one that got extra hugs and gums just because I was younger. You can get very capricious and stuff when you're the maknae, and i knew how to use that to get what I wanted. Dad and Mom had first Yong Min, my brother that lives now in UK. He was an accident and they got together to raise him. Then, they wanted to do things rights so they married each other and I was their love child. Not that they don't love Yong Min but I was an expected baby, one they hoped for."

She nodded, imagining Jimin as a caprocious and cute littlle boy was easy to do.

"But then Dad left us. A week after my birthday. I thought it was really sudden but Mom told me that they were just acting around us. He had met a much younger woman and got really in love with her, so when she asked him to take a decision, he did."

"I understand better his behavior today."

"What behavior ?"

"He didn't dare to look at you in the eyes, he looked ashamed."

"There's enough to be ashamed of, leaving a woman with two children to start a new life with another one. They must even have kids now. Those kids obviously don't know about us, the previous children."

Yujin stayed silent for a moment " But still i'm really happy that you were born, what would i do without you ?"

"In the frame of events, I should be the one thanksful really." Jimin said making her chuckle.

"Jimin can I say something honest to you ?" As he nodded curious, she started her sentence. "I know it's hard to forgive. I couldn't, I couldn't forgive my mom for years, I hated her and I purposely hurted myself to bother her. We got a reason to avoid each other but I partially forgive, I do not feel like hurting her anymore, we're not BFF but she knows that I have affection for her."

"You want me to forgive this bastard ?" He asked suddenly angry. Yujin shook her head softly.

"I want you to do what put you at ease. I didn't feel like hate her anymore because it's tiring. Hate burns you softly remember that." Yujin explained.

Jimin looked at her not getting what she was saying. She smiled weakly. "Nevermind."

*

Jimin saw his father every day, when he goes out of his apartment, when he goes boxing, when he leaves the police station. For one entire week, the man he hates was following him everywhere he goes. He ignored it all. Did as if his father that left him wasn't harassing him.

"Jimin please." Jimin heard of him before entering the police station.

"You should report him, it's been one week." Yoongi said. Jimin gave him a black glare. "He's NOT bothering me."

"He's actually sat on the stairs of the police station. And he is harassing you if you prefer."

Jimin sighed. "He will stop."

Yoongi shrugged. "Well, did you try to know what does he want ?"

"Don't care about that. Stop to talk about that."

Later this day, Jimin was filling a report when Yoongi spotted a familiar figure crossing the street.

"Oh, a model-like wife is visiting us." He said.

Jimin raised his head. "You mean  me." He said grinning.

They watched her cross the street with her chill walk. As she was reaching for the door of the police station, a hand grabbed hers.

"You know Jimin right ? You were with him that night!!! I remember exactly your face."

Yujin was frozen, one hand on the door of the police station and her another wrist encircled by the hot hand of the man. She looked at him precisely without saying anything.

"Help me."

"Please help me." His voice cracked and he fell on the floor crying, still holding Yujin wrist. Jimin rushed to the door seeing this. Yujin was quietly looking at the man crying on the floor without debating she wasn't afraid, she was curious. Jimin didn't care, he disliked the idea of his father touching her. He set her free and warned his father.

"Don't touch her. You're dead by the second time you do that."

Yujin let him drag her in the police station and watched him give her a chair. She sat and didn't know what to do. Jimin was pissed off and she rarely sees him that way.

"Did he hurt you ?" Jimin asked taking her wirst between her hands. She shook her hands and raised her bag.

" Watermelon for everyone ?" She asked with a smile. The three of them started to eat in a more light mood.

"How come you're there Yujin ?" Yoongi asked.

"I was asked to drop one of my students in the area, his mother is pregnant and she thanked me with a drink, we had a little chit chat. It was fun." Yujin explained. She looked at Jimin that didn't listen to her and followed his sharp eyes. He was staring at his father outside.

"He seems very desperate." Yujin simply said pointing to the man sat on the stairs.

"Huh it's been one week that he's there , always trying to reach Jimin." Yoongi revealed. Yujin changed of expression and  tried to not feel bad about that. Jimin sighed, he didn't bother to tell her. She stayed silent and Yoongi got the awkward silence. "You didn't tell her ? Ooops..."

"I didn't want to bother you. Really it's nothing."

"Jimin he has something to tell you. You should really hear him out."

"I WONT DO HIM THIS PLEASURE !!" HE raised his voice shocking YoonGi. Yujin shook her head and stood up gathering her things.

"You should at least do this favour for yourself." She left the room as easily as she appeared.

"You should follow her." Yoongi adviced Jimin. The young man sighed before hiding his head with his palms.

"I'll talk to her later." As he went out from the police station, he noticed with delight that his father disappeared. He was going back home when his phone ringed.

"Mom ?"

"Hey, wanna grab a coffee, Jiminie ?" Jin Hee said. As she got his agreement, she ended the call and sighed.

"I 'm not doing that for you , you do know right Jae Rim ?"

The man nodded. Jimin father Jae Rim.

"Is he a good boy ?" He suddenly asked.

Jin Hee had a sad smile. "He'll be 27 soon, he's a wonderful man." making him understand that even if Jimin sported his pretty boy face cutely, he wasn't a little boy neither a teenager.

"I saw him with a girl, a beautiful and tall girl."

"His wife." Jin Hee simply said. Jae Rim seemed surprised but let this information vanish in the air. Soon, the door of the café opened and Jimin arrived. He saw his mom and smiled to her. He took steps and before sitting noticed the man sat in front of her, not ChangMin as he thought but his father. His smile faded.

"Please sit Jimin, we nedd to discuss."

"So you were the one that  gave him my number and where I work." Jimin said with a wrecked smile."Mom, i thought you were  smarter than that, he left us, he left you with two children to raise and you're helping him to harass me ?"

"Jimin this is why we need to discuss."

"No this is why I need to go."

He went out of the coffee shop and walked a long moment. He couldn't got home where Yujin would throw a tantrum the moment he would step in. He had to wait for her to calm down. He sat in a random bar and started to drink, his mind always on how his father betrayed him, but also his mom... When he realized that the sun already rised, he took the way back home. Reaching his building, he saw a figure curled up in the stairs.

He got closer in this uneasy and troubled walk and went towards the stairs, slightly drunk.

"Yujin ?"

As the woman raised the head, he noticed the tears on her sad face. "Jimin."

 


 

another chapter =)