3 weeks

Ups and Downs of Healing

She let her chopstick fall back on the table. "Jimin, you're not forced to do it, why did you change your mind ?"

Jimin kissed her forehead. "I would have changed opinion sooner or later, the sooner the better."

"Jimin, are you tired to hate him now ?"

"Huh, I understand what you tired to tell me weeks ago."

She hugged him. "I know it's hard.I'm so proud of you. Did you tell it to your mom, your father ?" She was sporting a sincere smile with glittering eyes. Jimin chuckled before shaking his head.

"I've changed my mind yesterday night, so you're the first." Jimin loooked at her nod with a smile. He added : "You reallized that I'll go to the United States to do the operation."

Yujin widened her eyes. "Gosh Jimin, what will we do ? You're so bad in english, you didn't practice in so long !!! "

Jimin sighed. Memories form high school were coming back at the mention of english. However he faked to be vexed :  "This is reallly the first thing you think of ? We're going to be separated."

Yujin nodded, and said with a little voice : "I understood that."

Jimin hated the tone she used. He grabbed her hand. " Why don't you come with me ? It'd be like a ... second honeymoon !"

She found back her smile but shook her head " Jimin, I have classes to give, I can't give up my students in the middle of the year like that."

"Oh."

She kissed his cheek.

"You don't seem affected." He said out aloud.

"It will be the first time that we'll be separated but you'll come back, right ?" She said surprising him.

Jimin nodded. Yujin was strong now. He almost forgot about it.

 

When he told this to his parents,  his dad cried and thanked him endlessly. Jimin had still resent towrads him and just welcomed him flatly.

His mom was more curious. "Why ?"

"Huh ?" He said, not getting her question.

"Why did you agree ? You were so not going to do it even if it meant death to you last week." She explained herself.

Jimin looked at his ring, with a little smile. "Because I don't like to be both her umbrella and the rain. I want the rain to stop."

*

Jimin asked them a few days to organize his travel. Yujin was busying herself trying to make him more talented in english. She was so worried about him. Her poor husband going to USA. Jimin was following those worries with laughs. 

Last night he woke up in the middle of the night, finding Yujin on her computer. He kissed her cheek surprising her. She intanstly hided the screen to him, but Jimin more sharp, kept it open. She was reading about awful crimes and stuffs like that in U.S.A.

"Yujin." His tone sounded nagging, Yujin closed her eyes, praying for mercy. He got closer to her. "Why are you reading those articles ? They will only make you even more anxious."

"It sounds dangerous. America seems to be a really dangerous country." She whispered.

"Yujin, nothing will happen to me."

He the light and noticed how worried she looked. The worst is that she would amplify her worries with terrible articles. She was definetely nervous about him going. She nodded, not convinced.

He hugged her. "You're nervous it's normal. But really I won't be alone, nothing can happen to me." He smiled to her and ruffled her hair.

Yujin sighed. "Why do am I the only one nervous ?"

Jimin laughed. "I am."

She rolled her eyes. Not believing him.

"You tend to express your worries very clearly, you're either aggressive or completetely worried, but I'm not like this. I learned to smile at any time. When dad left, I made mom life easier I didn't show my pain at all. I even became a sunshine."

Yujin hugged him. He flicked her forehead, making her whine.

"You share pain with me. I hate that." He said really serious. Yujin laughed.

"I would like to erase it completely." She whispered in his ear. This night they cuddled in the bed, until the morning came. Yujin was cherishing every hug, kiss, and touch he was giving her.

She will miss him. He was supposed to come back in 3 weeks. Not even a month.

 

*

He spendt his last day here with her. Not getting out of the flat, they cuddled in front of TV. Ignoring the suitcase already ready next to the couch. She got sleepy and was having a nap on his lap. He got up, making sure of not waking her up and went in the bathroom.

He made sure to meet her friends and his mom , he reminded them of their mission on keeping an eye on Yujin.He felt better after making those calls. He was having a glass of water in the kitchen in the kitchen when he  got suddenly backhugged.

"Meanie." She said, pinching his cheek.

"What did I do ?" Jimin said with widened eyes, vexed.

"You let me sleep, when we both know what we should be doing." Yujin calmly explained. He laughed, loving how Yujin talks. He kissed her, bringing her on his lap.

"It's not too late for us to start now." He whispered with a grin.

*

After their love session, Yujin stayed glued to him. She wasn't talking, just being next to him.Jimin was caressing her hair. Her long mermaid hair was all over his chest, tickling him. Some people would find this annoying. He didn't. This was lovely. He loved the sensation of her hair tickling him when she moved in her sleep. It was like satin brushing his skin. He secured his arms around her body and she kissed his shoulder.

A moment ago, he decided to thank her. "Thanks for making me a better person."

Silence. He turned himself briefly and saw that she was sleeping. He laughed a second, before getting teary. Gosh, 3 weeks away of his mermaid. He hoped that it won't be long. That the time when he'll come back and start to live back happily with her will arrive soon.
 

*

It was now the moment. Everyone was gathering around Jimin.

"Don't get lost there." Taehyung recommanded.

"Don't get fat there." Namjoon said.

"Don't get arrogant once you comeback." Hoseok said.

Jimin chuckled. Those brats, he will miss them too. He looked at his superior, his wife close friend. "Call us everyday."

"This goes without saying." Jimin rolled his eyes.

His mom talked to his father a little bit and kissed him on the cheek. "Be polite Jimin and don't force you to love them. Just ... be polite okay ?"

'Them' was refering to the other family of his father. His half-brother, his half-sister and maybe even the wife if she had the guts to show up. Only Yujin was left to do her goodbyes. Changmin looked at the pair looking at each other.

"We shouuld give the married couple some time alone."

Jimin thanked him with a nod and looked at the little comittee go away. His father just took steps back, curious.

"Don't get into fights." She started.

"Be prudent and listen to your mother-in-law." He recommanded to her.

"Keep me updated with the operation." She said,not caring of what he just said.

He pecked her lips. " I'll send you so much photos that you'll be tired of me. I swear." She nodded satisfied. Jimin lifted her hugging her.

"Promise me that when I'll come back, you'll be heavier."

She handed him her pinky before removing it. "In this case promise me that you won't hide me whatever happen there."

He nodded surprised of this request. He laughed. "I won't cheat on you with gorgeous american women !!!"

She blushed and pushed his arm. " I mean with your father or his family." He nodded, deceived that his joke didn't make her jealous.

She added with a little voice : "But that's good to know too."

He raised her head. "I'll never do that."

She smiled and they hugged a last time. "I love you Park Jimin." He kissed her neck scar, "I love you too, Kim Yujin;"

Then looking at the time she pushed him towards the door.

"Go now."

He did a military salute with an eyesmile and left.

3 weeks.

3 little weeks.

She just had to wait 3 weeks and then, Jimin will be back for sure.

Yujin came back to the group.

"Should we stay to see the plane going ?" Ha Joon asked, showing her the seat next to him.  The group nodded with enthousiasm.

They had to wait quite a long time before seeing the plane rise on the sky. Yujin looked at it feeling weird.

He is really gone now. It was really the first time they are separated once they found back each other.

Eyes were now on her. All the little group waited her to react. Did they expect her to cry ? She blushed realizing that.

"We can go now, I think." She simply said, and they all exited the airport.


Here, the separation. Now the real stuff is starting guys =P