For her

Ups and Downs of Healing

2 weeks after


Yujin ran in the dark night. This would had happen sooner or later. She knew it but she ignored it, as much as Jimin ignored that he's suffering. He fought with his father and both of them were at the police station. She opened the door and searched her husband with her eyes.

She found him getting scolded by Yoongi.


"I don't ing care of what you say !! You're a pitiful jerk okay ?" He shouted in the police station. What an irony when himself hated to see people shout in it.


Yujin closed her eyes losing hope. He was so angry that Yoongi had trouble neutralizing him. Jimin suceeded to set him free and was heading once more to his father. She got closer to him and grabbed his hand. He returned himself and got surprised by her presence.


"You're my guardian ?" He asked perplex.

She nodded "As your wife"


Everyone got really surprised when Jimin just sat back on his chair calm. His father the first , being the victim of an horrible tantrum of anger and Yoongi unable to calm him. She signed the papers and they headed out. She noticed that he wasn't the one that lose. He didn't sport any bruises, unlike his father ... He was acting all weird around her, while she was still thinking about what happened.


"You're not angry ?" He asked, like a little puppy. She sighed, a smile drawing on her face. She grabbed his shirt to get him closer and patted his head, messing with his hair.


"I was waiting for that question. And no, I'm not."


"I hurted him quite bad." He explained.


"I saw that." She simply answered. They stayed silent on their way back to their home. Once arrived on their flat and lied on their bed, Yujin curled up against him.


"Jimin aren't you tired of hating him ? Do you still have energy for that ?" She whispered.


"I'm tired. So tired. But my anger won't die just because it's tiring." He answered.


*


The next day, Yoongi looked at the young female entering the café. She was pale, seemed thinner and less active. She sat next to him and smiled weakly. He noticed how tired she looked at the police station and wanted to cheer up his friend.


“Hey, how are you ?”


She shrugged. “Worried for Jimin.” She sighed and Yoongi nodded understanding.


“Jimin got really angry last night. It was difficult to control him.”


She nodded and embraced herself thinking about it. It pained her so much to see Jimin in this state. Without being able to do anything.


Yoongi jumped on the occasion. “ He's quite the violent type when he wants.”


She nodded. “Yeah, but you really have to piss him off for that.”


Yoongi sighed. What this sentence was supposed to mean ? He  asked out of the blue : “Yujin, is he behaving the same way with you ?”


The young girl put her cup on the table and looked at Yoongi dumbfounded. “What do you mean ?”


“I mean, ... is he violent with you ?”


Yujin bite her lips harshly. She gave him a black look. “And what evidences do you have for the bull you're assuming ?”


Yoongi didn't expect such a reaction. He took a breath before saying “Hmm you have numerous scars on your body. And he got very angry with everyone. He is unstable. And you're getting thinnier and -”


Yujin sighed. She stood up and went to face him. She grabbed harshly Yoongi by his necktie and twisted it to make it more tigh.


“You don't know me. You don't even know Jimin. Stop assuming that Jimin is being violent with me. You don't realizing how this assumption is ing wrong and twisted. If there's one person that never , and by never I mean never ever lay a hand on me, it's Jimin and nobody else.”

She ended her little rant with a black eye and removed her hand suddenly from YoonGi making him fall back on his seat.

Yoongi was at least 10 kilos heavier than her. He could harm her easily. He was trained to be able to do that. But when the mild and smiley Yujin became threathening, he had to admit that he was afraid of her and was paralyzed for the moment. Her black eyes pierced his soul and he took a deep breath looking at the woman sit back in front of him. He gulped.


“Don't ever talk about this to Jimin.”


Yoongi nodded. “Hmm, I won't.”


“If I ever learn that you said to him that you think he's violent with me ... gosh Yoongi you'll regret it bitterly.” She said, before sipping her tea.


He sighed. “I was just worried for you. You looked so tired and panicked when you arrived at the police station.”


She sighed. “ It breaks my heart to see him like this. He does so much for me, he' ve done so much for me. And yet, I can't even provide him a good support. And this is upsetting me. And then you arrive out of the blue and you say horrible things about Jimin. Please, no. I have limits too.”


Yoongi nodded. “I'm really sorry then.”


“I hope you really are. Because you ing pissed me off. I'm out of this , really.”


She left without even saying goodbye. Yoongi was frozen. This was a new Yujin that he saw. Someone fierce and ready to bite to protect the one she loved. That was a singular image, the kind teacher that was always swearing with funny expressions swear this much.

*

She entered the flat and found it empty.  She felt tears fall on their own. Jimin ? Violent with her ? When he was the one that saved her from violent hand. His touch was gentle. His hands caressed her body, but never hurted it.  She cried softly and silently. Yoongi had absolutely no right to say that.
She went to take a bath to forget about it.
*

Yoongi came back from his break and sat on his chair. Jimin was just next to him filling some papers.


“Jimin have you already seen Yujin angry ?” He asked.


Jimin raised his head and looked at his Chief. “Why so out of blue like that ?”


Yoongi lied. “Hmm, she's allways calm. She seems mild.”


He looked at Jimin, trying to guess of Jimin knew about this side of his wife. The man smirked. “You don't want to cross her road when she's pissed off. A real tiger.”


Yoongi wanted to nood violently yet refrained himself.Instead he played the surprise :  “Really ? I didn't think so.”


Jimin laughs. “It make you regret what you're done as soon as she gave you ths black look. It's really threathening. Yet, Yujin may be 40 kilos all wet. “


Yoongi nodded. “That's really a surprise.” The Chief looked at the married man have a smile. Talking about Yujin made him in a better mood.


“Well, you see how she is now. Mild and smily. Younger, she was really on insults and rebellious. She really grew up well.”Jimin added.  “This is funny how people change. Even I can't even realise how mild she is.”
Jimin had a dreamy smile for once. “Do you want to see photos of her when she was in high school ?”
Yoongi had no choice to agree. And looked with curiosity photos of Yujin.
“Look how beautiful she was since high school. Oh gosh. She was such a cutie. Yet she was a real quiet student.”

Yoongi nodded surprised and yet looked at Jimin scroll his photos of his phone. Full of photos of themselves or Yujin on her own. He got him wrong. Jimin couldn't harm Yujin. Not with this way to look at his screen. With those lips that curled upwards a little bit more at each photo he saw. 

Yujin didn't want him to hurt her husband feelings with his dumb thoughts. And she was right. He will give her proper excuses next time he see her.

*
She started to cook after her bath. She made sure to wait for her face to be less swellen from crying. He must have gone  boxing. This make him feel good. He'll arrive late and she'll eat alone like every other day of the week. She was silently cooking and soon started to sing passionately. Soon,  two hands grabbed her waist and she gasped.
"Jimin, you're here."


"All sweaty but yeah, I'm here." He gently pulled away with a smile to head to the bathroom. Yujin kept with her cooking.
Jimin was in a good mood because of YoonGi. The man made him realize that he still have the best wife ever. Jimin gave a look to Yujin. She was cooking with an occupied mind. Silent.


“Did you have a good day ?”


She looked surprised and said confused. “Yeah, very tiring day. I just need to sleep as soon as possible.” She said with a little voice. Jimin got bothered by her tone, she seemed down. He got closer to her and gently removed her hair from her face.


“Do you want me to do a bun ?”She nodded and soon he gathered all her hair to do a messy bun. Her hair was so long at the moment. A real mermaid. He kissed her neck. “This way I can do that.”


As they started to eat, Jimin was embarassed by the silent atmosphere, Yujin was down. She seemed tired and emotionally drained, eating nothing at all.  "Yujin, you're eating nothing at all. I know this method."
Yujin raised her head and saw that he was saying that quite playfully so she explained with a smile that she wasn't hungry .=


Jimin looked at her precisely. " You got thinnier. I can clearly see your collarbone." She checked and sure it was true.


"Well, nothing to worry about." She said hiding her collar with her long hair so he would stop to stare at it.

Jimin gulped.  "Yujin, it's my fault , it's because you try to make me relax but ..."


"It doesn't work. I know you can say it." She put her chopsticks on the table and left. "I'm tired."
He grabbed her waist and made her face him. "Yujin, you're wonderful you can make me relax a moment but undestand how depressing how the whole thing is."


"Jimin I hate seeing you in this state. You're amorph and I don't know what to do." She revealed.


Jimin reassured her "You're next to me, you don't get angry at me and you give me big hugs. It's already a lot."
Yujin shook her head. "It only distracts you that's all."  
She was now fighting to not cry. Not in front of Jimin. Not when he was the person suffering the most.
"Yujin come here." He hugged her, talking with his sweet voice.


"If you do that, I'll  cry for sure" She siad, trying to control her cracking voice.


Jimin giggled. "Maybe that's what I wants."


She cried a large part of the night. Jimin calmed her with patience and sweet sentences. When she fell asleep, he looked at her features. If himself looked tired, her too. She reflected his pain so much. He thought of all she did since he's this state because of his father and she was very dedicaced to him. She calmed his worries even not knowing what's going on, she calmed him which was a miracle considaring he was boiling in anger. She consoled him, she always reminded him that he was loved.
Jimin realized that the person that made him change of opinion is not his ill brother, or his morals.

None of that.

It's her.

He's going to accept the proposition. Follow his father to USA, do the operation and once he come back forget every moment there.

For her. So he can make her smile and be happy.


He fell asleep peacefully, the first time since a long time ago. When he woke up, Yujin was still sleeping. He caressed gently her hair taking time to enjoy her asleep features. When she opened her eyes, Jimin was already finished with cooking and all showered. She sat at the table.


"Well sleep ?" He asked her with a smile. She blushed; she did ! As she nodded looking embarassed, Jimin giggled.


"Yujin, I'm going to do it."


"Huh ? You can kiss me without any warning." Yujin said calm. Jimin laughed making her widen her eyes."Oh, okay, what are you going to do if it's not kissing me ?"


"The operation for my father son. I'm going to do it." Jimin revealed.