A mysterious call

Ups and Downs of Healing

The next day was finally here and after a late and copious meal they headed to the beach. By chance, Yujin found a bridge made of wood and soon after carrying Jimin difficulty on it and getting nagged for this, they got on the little bridge. Jimin took a long breath inhaling the salty yet great smell of the beach. Yujin sat next to him and they talked here for hours, without even noticing it. Yujin was imitating a capricious child of her class, making Jimin laugh. He had to calm himself from the laughs she gave him. He took a breath and realised that they were still on that bridge.

"Yujin why don't you go and swim ?"

"I would like to, but I'm on my period." Yujin said.

Jimin laughed. "Again ?"

"For the second time of the month, you got a problem here ?" She answered. Jimin laughed, getting on her nerves. She went to the stairs getting to water and wet her feet. She splashed some fresh water on him.  "It's not funny, they are never regular."

Irregular was indeed the word to describe her period. Inexistent until she got 24, her body was acting like a young girl's one and she was experiencing irregular periods. One day , then 3 then 10 days, driving her almost crazy. And the sterilet was no use to calm this. Oh and we don't talk about the hormones and stomach ache she gets every time. She learned to accept that.

"It will come. One day they'll be as regular as a TV program."

"If there is one thing that I loved being here and even before, it was not getting period."

"Well, it'isnt it a small minus for a life change ? Plus it means you're accepting your body."

"I wish you to be reborn as a woman with awful PMS." She shouted. They both laughed. "I'll just wet my feet, move over there.So how do you feel Park Jimin ?"

"Better, much much better." She smiled hearing that and even clapped her hands. She splashed some water on his face getting his hair face and shirt wet.

"And now ?"

"KIM YUJIN come back here !!!" She ran away from him but he quicly grabbed her hand and pushed her on his laps. " You're an horrible woman."

"Yours more exactly." She corrected him before pushing back his hair revealing his forehead. "It's been a while that I didn't saw you like that, all excited and relaxed. You're always busy, working, boxing, cooking, taking care of the house. You're not a lazy person and I know it's difficult for you to be in this wheelchair. But you could take this as an opportunity to take care of you, stay activity free, read a book, watch a good movie, sleep extra time."

"But you're doing everything "

"Do I seem tired ?" He shook his head. "Do I look like it's bothering me ?" He shook his head again.

"SO let me, let me take care of you. It's usually the other way around.You're the one doing all those things for me, you took care of me at the hospital , ditching your work, you prepared our apartment, you do a lot more than I do on a daily basis. Let me try too."

*

3 weeks later.

"So the day finally come."

Jimin watched the doctor getting rid of his cast on his arm and shoulder and embraced how the fresh air brushed his limbs for the first time in a while. He moved his arm and his leg to see that they were perfectly fine now. Under the doctor request he walked a little bit and started to jump around.

"For the moment go easy on your limbs."

"You heard that Jimin." Jin Hee said. She gave him a bad look, making him frown. He wasn't five anymore. But he nodded still witha smile. She's his mom, and she cared geniously for him.

"I heard very well."

They spent the day together , Jimin enjoying back the feeling of walking and using his arm. As they came back at his home in the afternoon, Jimin started to cook.

"Finally I can cook !" He shouted.

His mom laughed. "Oh so i's the thing you were craving to do during the time you had casts ?"

Jimin chuckled and shook his head; "But still, now I can do it."

When the door opened, Jimin stopped to chop the veggies and ran to the door. Yujin was removing her shoes. He grabbed her in his arm and make her swing in the air for a long moment.

"Jimin, i'm getting sick up here stop swinging !!" She shouted. Jin Hee came to see them and witnessing Jimin lifting his wife she slapped his head.

"Don't you know the meaning of "go easy" ?! Put her in the damn floor please !"

"Mom, that was the thing I really wanted to do." Jimin whined Yujin still in his arms.

Yujin shot him a death glare. "The floor. Right now." He quickly made her feet meet back the floor. Yujin composed herself a little and greeted her mother in law.

"Hello my daughter in law, now the five little boy can walk, I'm sorry, he's a burden for you daily." His mom started to say making Yujin laugh.

"Huh, he's very....  lively to stay polite, but don't worry I rested well when he was in his wheelchair." Yujin replied, making Jin Hee chuckled.

"Ya you evil women, stop talking about me like this !!!" Jimin said with a pout. Yujin looked at him and admired how lively and energetic he looked. He coudln't stay quiet, he was like a child dancing a little, jumping just to believe that he was really walking. She ruffled his hair.

"Let's still head to the living room."

Once there, Jimin grabbed her waist. "You see that, I'm okay now, no more cast !!!" Yujin nodded and kissed his cheek.

"That's great." She sincerely said. She added still serious. "My slave is back."

Jimin narrowed his eyes, sweet in a sentence , evil in the other. "You're an horrible woman."

"Yours to be precise."

Jin Hee looked at them amused. They were bittering , about small things. She looked the woman sat casually in the couch all her body turned to Jimin to listen to him, himself was still walking and fooling around dancing. They were so cute to look at. An happy couple. Jin Hee stood up.

"Well i'll get going."

Both widened their eyes. Yujin gulped. "Omo no eat with us, first let's have a drink, oh what a great daughter in law I am, forgetting to bring drinks ! "

Jin Hee shook her head. "Don't bother with all of this. I'm really going."

"But we bought the food together and all." Jimin stated. Her mother blushed a little bit.

"Chang Min called me and we're going to the movies. And you two need time together." Jin Hee said teasing them.

Jimin answered right away. "If you think I waited to be free of my casts to do that." He rolled his eyes  while Yujin blushed very hard. She hit his arm and gave him a dark glance, but he just shrugged with a mischevious smile.

"Well,I'll get going." she said. As they greeted her back , they closed the door.

Yujin went back to the living room and started to order things. Her jacket, the magazines, her bag. Jimin grabbed her shoulders and made her sit on the couch.

"What about cuddling tonight ?" Jimin said, with a big smile. She nodded, soon feeling Jimin warn body next to her. He pecked her lips and faked watching TV. Yujin pecked his lips and she felt his big smile during the peck. They kept attacking each other with pecks regulary until Yujin got tired of this. She gave an clear look to Jimin that was still watching TV. She sighed and turned off the TV. Jimin turned to her, she was sporting a pout, a rare thing to see on her face. Jimin smiled.

“I really wanted to do as if I knew what was broadcasting to complain about you turning off the TV but I don't. “

She smiled. “Good.” She sat on his lap and kissed his lips pressing her body on his. Jimin looked at the woman that was slowly covering his neck with kisses and pulled her into a hug. He stoop up and she had no alternative than crossing her legs around him.

Your mom said to go easy on your limb.” Yujin nagged, motioning him to let her back on the floor.

He chuckled. Maybe two of you could do the trick, but believe me that's not lifting you that will make my limbs ache.”

She blushed. He was being so greasy. “I know I'm a weak girl without any strengh. Thanks for reminding me.”

Jimin grinned. “Hmm, I was saying that if I had to be hurt again, It will be because of my job.”

Yujin nodded and became suddenly sad. He kissed her gently but clearly sensed that the mood clearly changed.

What's wrong ?”

He put her back on the floor and like everytime realized that if in  his arms she seemed light and small, in fact that she was just a few centimeters smaller than him. She traced with her fingers his arm that just healed.

I didn't realize that your job was dangerous. I don't want you to get hurt again. The worst is that I can't even make you promise that you'll be more careful because all of that is out of your reach.” She said her voice going lower and lower. She sighed and left the room. Jimin blocked her path when she wanted to reach the bathroom.

He hugged her, wrapping her in his scent and familiar warmness. Hey, it's not common okay ? Just trust me, I won't be into any sort of accident, right ? I'll be a good boy.”

She had a weak smile. “You better behave.”

*

An unknow number, raising his curiosity. "Hello ?"

The person that dialed his number stayed silent, making him repeat hello several times. Soon, she hang over angering Jimin. He took a breath and finally entering his building.

As he woke up the next morning, he kissed gently Yujin still asleep and started to check his phone, noticing several missed calls this night from the same unknown number. He started to worry about that but tried to not care that much. As he was still emerging, Yujin pushed him back on the bed. "Hello."

"Hello, Yu'. Did you sleep well ?"

She nodded still half asleep and hugged him , they snuggled sweetly for few minutes. Jimin felt him relax and without realizing he felt asleep again. As Yujinwoke up at the sound of her alarm, she was surprised to see her husband still in the bed. She watched him wake up and look at the hour suddenly. She put a finger on his plump lips.

"Don't worry, you just sleep back and you woke up at the sound of my alarm." He calmed himself and slowly stood up.

They prepared themselves and eat outside as the chief overslept.

"Good day, Jimin." she said as they were approaching her school, he wished her the same before kissing her forehead.

He spent his day eyes on his phone waiting for the person to call. He had a bad feeling about it. As he was coming back quite happy that the number didn't call, his phone ringed. The same number.

"Hello, who is it please ?"

The person sighed and finally spoke. "Jimin it's me." making Jimin almost lose his grip on his phone. "Jimin I know you're shocked but I need to talk to you."

Jimin stopped the call and bloked the number. He never wants to hear that voice again. He tried to caml himself and keep walking mindlessly until the box room. As he arrived he needed to release his anger and stress and threw so much punches so his mind couldn't wander. Soon he calmed himself and decided to forget all of this.

It didn't make sense; why come back now ?

He kept himself busy until Yujin arrived, eyeing the door. As she entered the room the crossed eyes and Jimin felt that his heart got lighter. He gathered his things and as she was waiting for him in the stairs, he lifted her and hugged her.

"I'm right here." she whispered in his ears.

Jimin kissed her cheek and released her. She noticed his bag on his shoulder. "You finished ?"

"Huh, I'm tired."

"Oh, should have arrived sooner to stare at you then." She said, deceived.

"ert !" he shouted making her laugh.

She really lifted his mood. His very own medicine to be happy.

 

 


Longest chapter EVER !!!

enjoy it =) and do leave a comment. Who do you think is contacting Jimin ? ;)