Jetlag

Ups and Downs of Healing

Jimin sat next to his father in the plane. It was his seat. He sighed sitting.

"Jimin, you really put on a cinema with that girl. You'll be back in 3 weeks." His father said trying to joke.

Jimin stayed calm. "That girl is my wife. And it'd be the first time we'll be separated since we're dating. Stop saying things when you don't know anything about her."

"What if we play questions and answers ?"

Jimin looked at his father. He seemed to be sincerely curious about him. They would play to this a lot when he was younger.

"Start first " he said to his father.

" Is she really the heir of Kim group ?" He asked. Jimin felt anger boil in his blood. Was that the first question ?

"She doesn't want to be involved in her family activities." Jimin stated, trying to remain calm.Jimin asked with a fake innocent glare : " Do your children are aware that I exist ?"

His father eyes widened but he nodded. "I explained them that I had a family before them. Taek was ...  really deceived of what I did, and acts cold around me. Your sister is just curious to meet you. Did you continue boxing ?"

"I did, once it was an hobby but now I have to train regulary to keep fit. Did you ?" Jimin asked. This game turned into something pleasant and interesting.

"I had a little career in USA but my family doesn't like it so it's just an hobby now. And Jimin, you're very strong, I can confirm that."

Jimin scoffed before nodding.

"Who is that person next to your mom in the airport ?"

Jimin got surprised, his father had a sharp eye. "Is he your father-in-law ?" His father added.

He laughed. "He 's Oh Changmin; the doctor that took care of her when she was younger ...  and also Mom boyfriend."

"Oh"

Jimin let his father digest the information and asked the question he was curious about : "Why did you letf without saying anything and lost contact with us ?"

"I ... was too ashamed of destroying the image of that happy family we made, I didn't want to be the bad guy, to not knowing how to answer to your questions, deal with your anger. I was a coward."

"You said it."

"I'm sorry, you grew up without me."

"Anyways, you had another son now, so take care of him." Jimin said wisely.

"But you stay my son."

"The day you left for America with her you stopped to be my dad." Jimin said with a smile. He grabbed a book that Yujin lended him and opened it.

The perks of being of wallflower. Her favourite book. He looked at the yellow cover and opened the book. He found himself immersed in the story. Each pages was covered with Yujin writing. She commented the whole book. It was almost like reading her diary. He caressed the book with his hand, not regretting adding this book to his bag. Yujin was with him. He woke up hours later, the plane was supposed to land in two hours. He was terribly tired. His father was watching a movie without much attention.

"Sleep well ?" He asked.

Jimin widened his eyes, how much years were spent without his father asking that on the morning ?

He shrugged. "I slept but I'm tired. Did you get any sleep ?"

His father shook his head. "No."

"My family will pick us at the airport, I mean my wife and daughter. Taek is at the hospital. Do you want to rest once we're there ?"

Jimin thought about this.Yes, he needed one day to adapt. As the plane landed, Jimin looked outside as they exited. Bright sky, great heat. California. His first time in Cali. He smiled. When they had their luggage, Jimin started to feel nervous. He will meet the other family. When they stopped to walk, his father searched his family. Soon a little girl got his attention :

"Kim Yeol !"

"Daddy !" The little girl in a cute dress ran to him and hugged him with all her force. She seemed happy to see her dad. He stayed in Korea quite a long time, realized Jimin. He must have missed his family.

"You're back !!!! Yeah !!" His father put her back on the floor and she jumped around him happy to see him.

"Where is your mom ?"

The little girl took his hand and leaded him to a smiling woman. His father smiled to her and they hugged briefly. When she wanted to kiss him, she suddenly realized that Jimin was staring at them and pulled away.

"Hello, I'm Taek and Yeol mom." She bowed and he did the same.

"Jimin."

The little girl let out a scream. "You're my big brother ?"

He looked at her , surprised and nodded. She clapped in her hands before jumping in his arms. She was hugging him strongly for a little girl.

"You're even more handsome than Taek. I'm so happy." She said excited. Jimin was very surprised ; he wasn't waiting for a warm welcome. He smiled and put her back on the floor.

"You're Kim Yeol, right ?"

She nodded, "You can call me Yeolie"

He nodded and they did a handshake. She insisted to hold his hand so here they were, outside of the airport trying to find the car. Once they were in the car, Jimin looked outside , it was hot, not like in Korea where the weather was getting cold.

"Hmm I'm sorry, I have a call to give."

"Go ahead."

He called, knowing that in Seoul it was late at night but he was sure that Yujin won't go to sleep if she didn't get that call.

"Yujin, hello."

"Good evening Jimin." She said with a soft voice. "Did you have a good flight ?"

"I slept for a long time. Now we're in the car getting at home."

Yujin "Oh did you have a conversation with him ?"

"Huh, we had." Jimin noticed that his father was glancing at him. He changed of subject " Yujin, I 've read quite much of your book !! It's quite cool."

"Oh i'm glad you like it."

"You annoted every single page. Here's what 's cool with the book." He revealed.

She laughed before yawning. " I'm happy that you arrived all right, have a good sleep when you arrive at their home."

"Yujin go to sleep. It's late I just called to update you okay ? I'll call you later !"

She nodded and ended the call. "Bye bye Jimin."

"Bye Yujin."

Jimin put his phone back on his bag but soon his sister steal the phone.

"I want to see your screen. I saw a princess !!!"

Jimin didn't know how to react. She was a brat, but she was a cute brat. He nodded and she pushed the button, his screenlock showing. Yujin in a hanbok, from their last chinese new year. He insisted that they put on hanbok and he took plenty of photos. Yujin looked like a princess of Joseon era.

"Whaouhhh !!!" Yeol screamed. Jimin chuckled.

"She's a princess, she's so beautiful !!! Who is she ?" She asked curious

"My wife Kim Yujin. The one I was with on the phone." He explained.

"You're married, but that's for old person !!" She said with disgust. "But if it's with her I can understand why."

Jimin laughed. "Thanks. I'll tell her that you find her beautiful."

Yeol looked at him widening her eyes, all excited. "You'll do that ?"

Jimin nodded and she clapped her hands. Jimin yawned and soon the mom talked.

"Yeol, give him a rest he's tired okay ?" She said, making the little girl pout, but she stayed calm.

Then she talked. "I'm sorry, she is very energetic, she loves to bother people."

Jimin nodded. "I saw that."

*

After a rest, he actually slept until the middle of the night. He woke up and called Yujin. He talked a little with her and soon she ended the call, the break was over she had to go back to her students. He took a shower and go outside of the room. It was empty, it was 4 in the morning of course no one was up. He went in the kitchen to drink some water and found his father.

"Jetlag ?"

Jimin nodded and stayed here, not knowing what to do. Han Groo assured him that he could take any food he wanted but he felt too embarassed to do so in the middle of the night.

"You're hungry ?"

Jimin nodded.

"Wait a minute !"

He sat at the table and waited. His father handed him a cup of tea and soon a cup of fried rice was here. He ate in silence. His father chuckled.

"You still have a good appetite."

Jimin became grumpy. "Huh."

"But you used to be way more chubby ..."

"I grew up , I got thinnier." His father nodded. He waited for Jimin to end his plate and soon washed up everything.

"Tomorrow, do you want to meet Taek ?"

Jimin thought about it, he was curious of what he looked like. "Yes."

 


Here another chapter for you =)

Have a good week end

Oh, I almost forgot , I've started a new fanfic about Jungkook, if you're interested, here is the link : One Night Stand with Kookie97