A surprise

Ups and Downs of Healing

Jimin found himself in front of a teenager, lying in a hospital bed. He looked like his father, except he was weak and thin. Jimin gulped. It was his brother, the reason why his father left. His eyes were black and they were staring at him. Their father looked at his sons staring at each other.

"Jimin, would you give us a minute alone ?"

He sat outside of the room and waited. He heard voices raising and they were arguing. Soon, he heard a great thud and entered the room.

"You'll accept the operation It will save you !!" His father shouted.

"I feel so disgusted, you had the guts to go to korea mend a liver for me to the son you ditched." Taek counter attacked; with hatred.

"But"

"Leave." The voice was filled with hatred and anger.

Jimin looked at his brother take back his breath. He seemed tired. Jimin saw the ruckus they did in the room. Both seemed to have the same anger. He cleaned up everything in silence and intended to leave.

"You're Park Jimin right ?"

Jimin turned himself and nodded. The person sighed. "Why did you accept to do this ? You got no reason to accept, he left your family !!"

Jimin sat next to him. He took his phone and showed his screenphoto to Taek. And explained how his suffering wife made him take this decision. Taek nodded, understanding that Jimin wasn't doing that because of his begging father.

"How old are you ?"

"I'm 26 years old." Jimin said. He rearraged the blanket on Taek. "You're 18, right ?"

"I am. "

"It's been how many years you're ill ?"

Taek looked sad. "I spent most of my days in the hospital. I have this room since i'm a child."

"But after the operation, you could leave this room right ? And be healthy ?"

Taek looked at him surprised and nodded shyly. Jimin nodded. "So I give you a part of my liver, you become an healthy man, you welcome me and we're done."

Taek opened his mouth a few seconds and closed it once again. Jimin laughed at this cute reaction.

"You don't look like Dad, at all. You're kind." He said

Jimin chuckled. "Thanks. Yourself must hear that you look like him a lot."

Taek nodded. "All the time."

They talked quite a lot. Jimin found in Taek an innocent and bored teenager whereas Taek found in Jimin the older brother he never had.

"He's quite grumpy but it's because he's bored all day in the hospital !" Jimin said once home on his bed, in a videoncall with his wife.

Yujin chuckled before sighing. "I'm glad you're doing great there Jimin."

"And you , how are you doing ?" Tehy were videocalling so he looked at her, she was eating breakfast. She smiled.

"Your mom just left for work, she cooked for me this morning."

Jimin pouted. "Oh. "

"Is your operation the day after tomorrow ?"

He nodded "Yes. Thanks to that Taek will finally go to high school and have a normal life."

“ you'll be able to overcome that fear of needles “ he blushed and she giggled amused. Yujin smiled and reassured him. "I'm sure you can, Jimin."

 

*2 weeks later*

It's been two week that the operation occured and Taek didn't rejected the transplant. He looked way more healthier than a week earlier. Often, Jimin and him would walk around the hospital. They were playing basketball on the garden. Jimin was sharp and healthy yet  Taek was taller and lively. He didn't really have occasion to play like this.

"It's cool to be outside !"

Jimin ruffled his hair."You don't say."

"Jimin you're going back tomorrow ?"

"Huh." Jimin smiled, he was so excited to hug his wife once he is there. Talking to her on phone wasn't just the same.

Taek looked sad. "You know I like you a lot Jimin. You're my brother and you're funny, not bossy."

Jimin thanked him with an eyesmile.

"Hyung, would you stay a little bit longer ? We could visit a little be Cali, we both don't know about this country !!"

Jimin nodded "It'd be great. I'd like to do that !"

"There's a but coming ..."

Jimin laughed he was smart. "If Yujin agree to it."

"Two weeks will be enough"

 

Taek and Jimin caled Yujin and it was Taek that greeted Yujin on the phone. He explained to her that he craved for a roadtrip with his brother and she quickly agreed. Jimin pouted hearing pieces of their conversation. Didn't she want him to comeback ?

Jimin asked to Taek to talk himself to Yujin, she reassured him saying that it was fine with her. "It's a good idea you'll do wonderful memories over there !"

"I really can ?"

"You can even stay 3 more weeks if you want to"

Jimin nodded, she was honestly happy for him. Taek thanked her once more.

*

Yujin stared at the screen once the call was over. Then she turned herself tto the outfit she chose to greet him at the airport. She sighed looking at it. She put it back in her dressing.

For a few days she felt down. She couldn't say no to that, to Jimin that spent most of his vacation in the hospital and for Taek. She felt great about this decision but she missed Jimin a lot. She was less talkative, less smiley more distant and always in her thoughts. They considered it at normal after this news and did nothing to stop this. She would easily skip breakfast , the vision of the her lonely bowl in the table was unbearable. And in her breaks she would just eat as little as possible.

Today she ate even less than she did the day before, her body started to feel weak. Somehow this state was blissful, she couldn't think about Jimin because she had to fight back against nausea. She walked back to home after a day of school and soon she couldn't walk straigh anymore and closed her eyes.

She fell insconcient.

Jin Hee was looking at the girl lying on an hospital bed; Yujin woke up eventually. "What am I doing here ?"

"You were found insconcious on the street." Jin Hee started.

Yujin nodded and sat in her bed. "Okay."

"Keep sleeping for the moment. I'll update you tomorrow." Her mother-in-law said, playing with Yujin long mermaid hair.

Yujin didn't protest. So if they report it to tomorrow it's not something alarming. She just hope Jimin isn't aware of this. As the morning came, she took her breakfast, she was quite hungry for once and Jin Hee came to sit by her side.

"Yujin, I have something extremely important to tell you."

"Go ahead."

"Yujin, you're pregnant."

Yujin raised her head and shook her head. "It's impossible I have an implant, I can't be pregant."

Jin Hee kept going "That what we though too but yours might have been dysfunctionnal. Yujin, you're really pregnant."

"I ... would have sensed it, I just had my period last week, it's not possible I'm not pregnant I don't have any of the symptoms."

"You did a partial denial of pregnancy, yor body hided to you that you was pregnant."

The young woman shook her head. "You're joking right now."

"I 'm serious, Yujin it's been 3 months that you're pregnant. Maybe even more." Jin Hee her arm gently, hoping that Yujin will accept this, it'd be better for her health and the baby's.

Yujin stayed silent and blank, she thought about 3 months ago. Or when Jimin had still his cast. If the implant was dysfonctionnal, it was totally possible that she fell pregnant at this moment. She closed her eyes and tried to think about what to do.

"I want a pregnancy test. To confirm myself."

Jin Hee was surely expecting this and handed her a test. Yujin froze for a moment. "Another one of a different brand."

She waited for Jin Hee to search for it and as soon as she had it she hided herself in the toilet of her room. She peed on the first test and waited for the result.

It could be a joke. My implant can't be dysfunctionnal.

Her heartbeat started to race and she tried to stay calm. Why is that test taking all this damn time ?!! Soon, the result got on the screen. Yujin checked the box. An X, so she was indeed pregnant. Yujin sighed and threw away the test.

She was pregnant according to this test. It could be an error. She drunk a whole bottle of water and waited to pee. She repeated the whole thing and the result was the same.

Pregnant. Pregnant from head to toes. 100%

She gott out of the room and sat back on her bed. Jin Hee came back and hugged her. "So what are the results ?"

Yujin sighed, and said with trembling lips. "You know what they said anyways."

Jin Hee put her hands on her shoulders. "Yujin I know it's a big change. It's maybe ... not something you wanted or wished for, so take time to digest the informations."

Yujin nodded. "Please don't tell anything to Jimin. He'd want to come back and miss out great holidays with his family. Keep it a secret."

 


Did you expect this ? ;)