Distance

Ups and Downs of Healing

Yujin changed herself and started to leave the hospital. She found ChangMin in front of her room.  He hugged her.They got into a restaurant and Changmin made sure to order a lot of things so the woman in front of him would feel that she must eat a lot. While waiting for the food to arrive, he put a few things on the table.

“What are these ?”

“These are little flyers, all about pregnancy and denial of prenancy. They explain a lot of things, there's even stories of woman that lived this. Read this okay ?”

She nodded. Yet didn't take the pile of flyers.  “If I take that, it means I'm really pregnant.”

“Yujin, you are.”

“Yes, but if I accept this, it become a fact, the reality.” She said sad. Changmin sighed and took her bag, putting it himself on her bag. This way, she won't have to touch it.

After a copious meal, Changmin dropped her in front of her building and left. She went to her flat. Her pregnant.

A baby hided in her stomach for 3 months, or even more. She typed "denial of pregnancy" on internet and read a tons of article on it. She read the flyers. Many women had them, sometimes they don't realize they're pregnant until the baby is born, often in the toilets. Yujin was suddenly grateful of her weakness. Or else the baby would have hided for even more months.

She rushed to the bathroom and considered her belly, removing her shirt. Taking care of not touch it. Flat. Not a baby bump to be seen. According to serious articles, it was normal. The baby bump could appear over night. Yujin feared that tomorrow when she wake up she'll be physically pregnant.

Her phone ringed. Jimin. The child father. She greatly wanted to reject the call but considered how worried he must have been. "Hey, Jimin."

"Yujin, are you okay ? You felt inconscious ? Are you hurt anywhere ? You promised me to eat properly !!! You promised !" He said without breathing. Yujin chuckled. He was really his umbrella under the rain.

"Breath soundly. I'm fine. I just comeback home." She said softly. He sighed.

"I got so afraid hearing that from Mom. Please eat !! Eat properly, 3 times a day !"

Yujin considered her on the mirror of the bathroom. She considered how skinny she looked. He would scold her even more if he was there. Jimin took time to nagg her about her eating habits and she just listened not angry. She was enjoying his singing voice , how melodious it was. His pronunciation of Yujin.

"Jimin I love you."

The man got surprised. He was scolding her badly. He suddenly understood. "You didn't listen to all I said , right ?"

"Huh, did you know how melodious your voice was ?"

"YUJIN, really, you're !!!"

Yujin lied on their bed and made her comfortable. "Jimin it's time to sleep now."

"Huh sorry you must be tired I'll hung up"

"Jimin, just talk to the phone until i'm asleep okay ?" Jimin smiled and agreed. He was lying on the hotel bed next to his little brother still asleep. He told her everything about his brother, his father, his litlle sister. He was delighted to be able to talk to her this long. When he made a break, he realized that no sound came from the other line.

"Yujin ?" No answer. He stopped the call after an ' Ilove you'.

*

If in the first three months of the pregnancy it was her body that hided to her that she was pregnant , now it was her hiding that she was pregnant to the entire world. In two days , her belly had reached a 3 months develloped baby bump. She hated it. She hated that a thing was invading her body. Soon, her tee shirts couldn't hide the pregnancy so she had to put those large tee shirt of Jimin. Tonight Yoongi and Ha Joon came to eat with her, they sat on the couch waiting for a drink, once she served them she sat.

"Stop to stare at my stomach !!" She can feel their piercing eyes on her baby bump and this made her feel embarassed. She hided her stomach with a big pillow.

"Yujin how about doing a check up?" Ha Joon said gently.

"I don't want anyone to stare at my stomach, leave alone touch it !!" She said still angry.

"How do you feel about expecting a baby now ?"

Yujin lowered her eyes staying silent. Soon her phone vibrated. She hided to Jimin her mental state and played a cheerful wife on the phone.

"Yujin you won't guess what I visisted today ? We're in New York with Taek !!!" Jimin would tell her everything about his day and she would listen with a faint smile."Yujin, how was your day ?"

"An okay day , I went to work and Yoongi and  Ha Joon came to eat with me."

As they ended the call, Yujin lied on the couch exhausted. "I wish Jimin could hug me and tell me everything is okay."

"You could just tell him."

Yujin bite her lips. "I don't want to."

"But you need him !!" Yoongi said starting to get angry. "You freaking need him, you don't know at all what to do and Jimin here would resolve everything."

Yujin got starlted by this excess of anger and shook her head. "Yoongi, Jimin met his brother and sister, now he even talks to his father a little bit. He needs those two weeks. I want him to have fun over there, to make memories with his family. I don't want him to jump in a plane after a hushed call , I don't want him to spent the whole flight worrying about me and culpabilizing. He deserves better than that. I can wait for him to return."

*

Yujin came back home and sat on her couch. She had wandered in the streets for hours. She sat in a park. Full of children. She looked at the mothers taking care of their little ones. She coudln't imagine her being part of them. She stayed long hours after everyone was gone, until the rain started to rain. She took a taxi and get home finding her two friends in front of her. "Guys ?"

Ha Joon started to cry. "It's been 3 hours we're waiting here. I was dying worrying for you." He hugged her and surprised, Yujin tried to confort him.

"Hey i'm here, nothing happened to me."

They entered the apart and she prepared some tea for them. Once they were all sat, Yujin tried to forgot about her proeminent baby bulp to focus her attention on her friends. She frowned her eyebrows. Seo Joon and Yoongi, they were always together when they come to see her. What is it supposed to mean ?

"Guys, you're often together those days." She stated.

They froze for merely a second, putting her in shock. Yoongi bite his lips, Seo Joon flushed.

"Wait."

She watched her husband's superior take the hand of Seo Joon, and the two men smiled to each others in a very mild way.

"We are learning to know each others." Yoongi said very firmly.

Yujin nodded quite intimitated by the tone that Yoongi used, an aggressive one. Then, she laughed compulsively leaving both men confused.

"You should have told me earlier, I'm so happy for you !!!"

Seo Joon eyes were bright and they chuckled looking at each others. They looked at the sad looking and unpleased pregnant woman light up learning the news. She found back some colours and her eyes were sparkling with joy.

"Your eyes, it's almost as if Jimin was here. The little starts and hearts in it."

She giggled and stood up. "We should celebrate."

Seo Joon nodded. "We should even get out."

"It's a bad idea"

"Great, let's go to the restaurant !!!"

Yoongi looked panicked but considered the situation. She was smiling for the first time since she learned her pregnancy. They needed to keep this happiness in the air. He agreed and they walked outside. Yoongi looked at Seo Joon readjusting Yujin scarf, or Jimin scarf that she was wearing. She looked strangely beautiful in this despair.

She looked like Jimin, with his fluffy scarf, his trendy coat that she put on to hide her bump. But for once, she wasn't in her thoughts, trying to guess what would happen next, she was living the moment with them.

"Did you kiss already ?" "Do you hold hands ?" "When did you start to date ?" She asked a tons of questions, trying to know as much as she could about this newly formed couple. Arrived to the restaurant, they took one of those private rooms to talk in private.

"Yujin, you're our friend so we told you, but this isn't approuved in korean society, so for the moment we just act like friends around each others." YoonGi said, wisely.

"Frustrating." She mumbled.

Yoongi laughed this off. "We'll deal with it , just eat."

She nodded, not convinced and started to eat. Jimin called and for once she wasn't forced to be upright. She was cheerful and giggling to him. Both men looked at her with delight.

"Yujin, I have to go , love you." Jimin said.

"Me too, I love you Jimin." Yujin answered. Soon, she heard Jimin chuckle.

"Ya, Taek feel like puking when I say I love you."

She chuckled and heard the two brothers fight gently over it.

"Sooo, calling you tomorrow !!!"

*

Yujin left the two lovers behind her, to leave them some intimacy. It must be hard for them, loving each others but making sure to not show it too much. She slightly returned herself. They were now holding hands, on the dark night. She smiled, really happy for them. Both of them needed so much to be loved. And she was the reason they knew each others. There's enough things to be proud of tonight.

She sighed of happiness.

But when she entered the cold apartmet, her sad mood started back. It seemed like Jimin could appear from any corner and tell her a non funny joke. She missed him. Even with his calls, his photos. They distracted her for a minute. But the silly things he does on a daily basis, she missed them. The hand on her back, always massaging her back, trying to sneak on her shirt... Holding hands with him or even waking up and hearing him cook on the kitchen. His easy laughs and pouts.

She went to sleep with tears filling her eyes.