Married with a survivor

Ups and Downs of Healing

Jimin was having a day off alone in their apartement. He was bored to death, it was hot and Yujin wasn't there. He had to entertain himself alone all day and that was sad. He was the one that wanted to do everything with her and today sadly , it wasn't possible, she didn't have days off as he could have one in the week. She did full day all the week.


He was trying to clean a little bit when the door beel rang.

"Coming ."

It was the post man with a packet for him. He closed back the door and looked at the packet more precisely. "To Kim Yujin" He was already too curious to put the thing away and let her discover the packet and enjoyed breaking her privacy. He sat on the sofa and discovered a short note : "As promised, here are the videos."

Jimin got suspicious and realized that a DVD was in the packet and put in the reader to see what kind of video Yujin received. He heard some noises coming from the video and only a simple chair was on the screen. He got surprised by the whiteness of the room. Soon, a young and skinny girl sat on the chair, she seemed so fragile and weak. When she looked up the camera, Jimin reconized his wife with sadness. Her uneasy eyes and shaky hands.  


A man talked to her "Would you present yourself, miss ?" THe voice owner didn't appear on camera but the person was a young boy for sure, with a pleasant voice.

Yujin had a smirk "Are you really going to do as if it was a documentary ?"


"Oh, you already know about this."


She nodded rather amused.Jimin looked at her with attention, trying to adjust to this rebellious and younger Yu'. 

"Oh, sure, I'm Kim Yujin and i'm 14 years old."

"Why are you here in this center for  children ?" The person asked

.
"Because my parents put me there." She answered rather harshly and soon the silence came back for awkward  seconds.


"Yujin, you need to talk way more than that." The voice nagged her.


She looked at the camera and sighed ""Fine, fine, because I was molested by my cousin and got mentally unstable, going from eating disorder to mental health issues. Well, i'm wrecked for life now."


"What do you think of this center ?"


"It's been 5 years that i'm here. I healed a little , sure, but my parents want me to go to high school and i'm leaving soon. For my mother , i'm starting fresh high school, being quite presentable for the outside world, with my long hair. Sometimes, I want to shave eveything to upset her and stay here. But I won't do that." She did a unsure expression and played wit her fingers, staying silent. She added :


" This center is great but it's a little bubble, the outside world isn't like this. The more you stay here, less you'll be able to survive outside. It's time for me to blend into society."

Jimin admired her courage here, but stiil what she was saying was so sad ....

"Are you afraid ?"

"So much, I didn't go to middle school and missed a lot of days in primary school, it 's almost as if it will be my first day in school soon. I heard that there are a lot of bullies in high school, I really think I make a perfect target."

Jimin could only think that he made that sentence true. Him. However the voice scoffed :


"It's because you only read awful articles about bullying and scandals."


"Those things happen, and they could happen to me all again." Yujin squeezed her hands, looking away.


"Don't say that.... You may find a boyfriend."


The girl laughed sadly. " And your Ha Neul will finally love you back if I find myself a boyfriend." She smirked for a second and then sadness came back.


"I guess this era of my life is really over." Yujin look was lost and she stayed silent for a moment, being well sat in her chair.


The video ended right there. Jimin wiped his tears, they started to fall without warning. It hurted so much to see the younger Yujin. He thought that the video was over but soon, a even younger version of Yujin appeared. With awfully short hair and hollow cheeks. She was about 10 years old or even younger. Skinny was still the word people would use to describe her. Jimin heart was even more aching.


"Yujin, may you talk to the camera please ?" The same voice was speaking, maybe a little more high-pichted.


"Hmm, hello, it's Yujin here, as you can see my hair grew a little bit since I came here, from the shaving I did months ago." As she said that , she ran her fingers on her head, brushing her short and irregular hair.

"My bruises are starting to look less spectacular." She showed her arms, with yellow bruises, almost healing. Then, she sat still on her chair, still silent. Yujin wasn't for sure a talkative person.

"Yujin, talk, say something !"


"Oh, but what should I talk about ? I'm depressing you know, it'd be boring to watch." She stated.


"Hmm, how about you talk about books ?"


Yujin considered the thing and nodded. "I'm reading The perks of being a wallflower. It's amazing how I can relate to Charlie. He's a boy but I feel cool about him."


The voice laughed. "I'm a boy too."


"I feel cool about you too. But I dislike skinship from boys but here there's no problem." Jimin thought that yes, in a center for children, most people must have suffer like Yujin, skinship wouldn't been a thing there.


"Yujin, why do you dislike it ?"


Her look looked scarier suddenly and she answered " I don't want any filfthy hand to touch me again." before leaving the scene.


Jimin took a deep breath and noticed that the video was finally over. He might have married Yujin months ago but he didn't get how deeply hurt she was. This video came like a slap in his face to remind him that Yujin had an hard life. That she is a survivor. He hided the DVD in one if his shelves. Then, he took the time to compose himself beforehis wife comes back.

 

The older version of these suffering teens.