Remember

Always Be Mine

-Tao-

I wake up breathing hard and sweating. My heart is beating too fast, it was just a dream Tao, your fine. I shut my alarm off, another day of school and then the weekend, thank goodness. I just want to get this day over with already. I quickly get dressed into uniform, put my makeup on, and head downstairs. I see my family happily eating breakfast together, I wish I could join them, but I would only make it awkward. I walk over to the closet and pull out a pair of shoes. I was about to head out the door until I felt a hand grab my shoulder, I turn around and see Luhan. 

"You still don't want to ride with me to school? It's easier than walking." I shake my head and leave, closing the door behind me. I hate turning down my brother, I hate ignoring him. He's the only one who understands me, who doesn't belittle me, but I know that if I get close to him like we used to be, I will only bring him down. He deserves absolutely the best. 

I walk my way to school until I hear footsteps behind me, getting closer each time. I tighten my hands around my backpack straps. Already, this early in the morning? I sigh and I turn around, ready to face what I deserve. 

"Morning princess, where's your little friend? He's not walking you to school today? Now that I think about it, he hasn't walked you to school for three years now, huh." I feel knee jab into my stomach. I cough, trying to catch my breath. I could fight them off, I know I could, but I deserve to be hurt, all the pain that he has been through, I deserve every last part of it. 

"So, still not fighting back, you scared or something?" I look away, not making eye contact with them. 

"Still not talking either, are you too stupid to talk?" I feel a kick into my stomach, causing me to lay down in pain. I let them continue to kick me, until suddenly I feel nothing. I open my eyes and see them walking away, laughing, having a good time. I get up wincing in pain. I'm fine, he survived this everyday, so I should now too. 

I make my way to school, luckily I make it on time, even though I have a slight limp, making me walk slower. I sit down in my seat in the back, and put my head down. I sit by myself, I'm the only one in class without a seat partner, I'm glad though, no one has to work with me, and I don't have to work with anyone. Saves them the trouble. 

"Okay class, today we have a new student. Please introduce yourself."

"Hello my name is Oh Sehun, please take care of me." I hear the girls giggling, and whispering. I hear things such as he's cute, I'm going to make him mine, I called him first. Girls bickering over the new kid, how cliche can this get. I don't care, so I just keep my head down. 

"Since all the seats are taken, you'll have to- actually, there is a seat next to Tao, Tao please raise your hand." The sound of my name escapes the teachers lips. This is not good. I raise my hand and I see the new boy, Sehun, make his way over to the seat next to me. He sets his books down on the table and sits down he smiles at me. 

"Oh Sehun, nice to meet you." He sticks his hand out, I nod at him then look forward, making new friends is not something I need. I'm fine by myself. 

"Princess boy isn't going to talk to you, he's a mute." Yeah right, I just don't have the right to talk, to defend  myself. I just shake my head and start to take the notes. 

"Why did you call him princess boy?" She shakes her head and laughs, just ignore it. I see her face forward and I feel the gaze of Sehun on me. I'm not going to fall into it. I just continue to take notes. 

The whole class I kept catching Sehun looking me, I never looked at him, just caught it with the side of my eye. Hopefully he's not planning nothing. 

The bell rings and I quickly pack up my stuff up and stand up, I quickly get up and head out. The counsellor told me I should eat lunch in the cafeteria this year. I usually spend it with her, but she said I should start opening up more to people, that's the only way I could possibly move on. Well I don't want to, I just want to be alone. 

I make my way to the cafeteria, I feel another presence behind me, and I know that they are wanting me. Really, a second time today. I turn around and see someone I am not expecting. Sehun. 

"Hey Tao!" A smile show across his face. I nod my head. 

"I don't know anyone, can I eat lunch with you?" I really don't want to eat lunch with him, but I don't have a reason to reject him, not like I could even say it if I had one. I nod my head and head forward again. I feel him walk faster to walk next to me, a little too close. I haven't had close contact for awhile, I move away a little bit, he doesn't seem to notice though.    

We head to lunch and all eyes seem to be on me again, and not only me, Sehun too. It's not a good idea to hang out with me. We make our way to my brothers table, I wish I could sit somewhere else, but all the tables were taken already, so I'm stuck there. I sit down next to Minseok again. He smiles and nods at me, I do the same. I see Luhan with a big smile on his face and then I see it drop. I see how Sehun had sat down across from me, next to Kyungsoo. 

"Who are you and why are you messing with my br- I mean Tao." I hear my Luhan almost slip brother, thankfully he didn't. I see Sehun look over at me, but I just look down at the table. 

"Oh, I'm sorry to intrude. I'm not messing with him, I'm new, my name is Sehun, I don't know anyone yet, but I sit next to Tao in class, and I thought we could be friends." I see Luhan's lips curl back up.

"Oh, okay sorry about that, please take care of him. I'm his brother Luhan, nice to meet you." Oh god, he already told him I'm his brother. Luhan I barely know him, why would you do that. I look at Sehun who is smiling at me, I nod again and look down, could this day get any worse. 

I spoke to soon, I am laying on the floor. I have been knocked down out of my seat by who knows who, not like I care about anyone's names. 

"Sorry princess, didn't see you, no prince is here to save you anymore though huh." I feel my eyes begin to feel with tears. I quickly get up and run to the bathroom, I go into a stall and close the door. I let it all out, everything I have been holding it in since this morning. 

Flashback

"Guys don't wear makeup, you're weird." I get pushed down from behind. Moving to a new school and not having my brother protect me is hard. I fall flat on my face and I can feel my knee starting to bleed I start to cry. 

"Hey leave him alone, he's done nothing wrong." They push him down too and begin to kick him. 

"A loser defending another loser how great." They walk away, and the boy gets up. He gets up and takes a deep breathe and let's it go. He looks over at me and I can see worry in his eyes. 

"Are you okay, are you hurt?" He looks around and sees my knee is bleeding. I see his eyes go wide and he quickly picks me up bridal style. It's my first day of school and this is embarrassing getting carried down the hallway like this, crying. He carries me all the way to the nurses office and sits me down on the bed. The nurse wasn't in there, but he seems to know where everything is. He quickly bandages up my leg and looks up at me, wiping away my tears. 

"My name is Lay nice to meet you!" He sticks out his hand and shakes it

"My name is Tao. Are you okay?" He laughs and looks up into my eyes. 

"Of course I'm fine! A few kicks won't do much to me, and I'm not the one crying." He laughs again and I laugh with him this time. Maybe this day isn't going to be so bad. 

Flashback end

My best friend is gone, he is gone forever and is never coming back thanks to me, it's my fault, everything's my fault. I cry even harder. 

"Tao, it's okay everything will be fine. I'm here for you." I look up, eyes all red and puffy, and streams of tears still coming out. I feel Sehun's arms go around me, I didn't know what else to do, so I put my arms around him and tighten my grip on his shirt. I cry into his shoulder, harder then before. 

"I'm sorry" A choked out apology comes out, it was the only thing that I could say. 

A/N
So I wanted Sehun to come in early and it seemed like some other people did too, and so I have written the Tao chapter!Sorry if this was kind of boring, their little tiny story will progress later on. Also thank you
everyone who reads this, comments, subscribed, and upvoted, I actually didn't expect all of this, I hope my writing skills are getting a little better. Well thank you guys again, you are all so wonderful. 

1. Who is your favorite member of exo?
Mines Tao, seriously, I've loved him from the start.