Breathe In The Air

Always Be Mine

-Minseok-

Class passed by fast, I got my homework done due to extra time. Well more like Luhan and I worked on the homework together, he insisted, but I still don't know if I can trust him. He could leave me if he ever finds out about me liking guys. He will for sure leave for sure. 

The bell rings for lunch, I slowly pack up my stuff, it's not like I'm going in the lunchroom, I'm just going to sit in the bathroom. As I see everyone leave the classroom I get up, feeling a light tug on my sleeve I look down to see Luhan still sitting down. 

"Are we gonna eat lunch together? Since that incident happened yesterday we weren't able to eat together. We better get there quick before all the seats are taken." Not having a chance to answer he pulls my arm and we head to the lunchroom. 

I look around, it's full and it feels like all eyes are on me. No one likes me, no one wants me here. I start to panic. Luhan let's go of my arm, and points to a table. It's one with Kai and Kyungsoo, I can't go there. I'm not wanted, they'll make fun of me. 

"Come on let's go!" I feel my arm being pulled again, next thing I know is I'm sitting next to Luhan with Kai and Kyungsoo across from us. I see Kai's lips turn into a smirk and look at Luhan, who is giving Kai the what the hell face. They have a plan don't they. They start to bicker and I turn my attention to the table. I feel a light tap on my hand and look up to see Kyungsoo smiling at me. 

"Don't mind them, they are idiots. I'm Kyungsoo." He sticks out his hand and I shake it. Giving him light smile. 

"I'm M-minseok." Stop stuttering, I know how to talk. This is too nerve wrecking for me. Too much noise and I feel unwanted. I don't want to be here right now, I need to be alone. Before I even thought of getting up I hear a smacking noise and I look up. It was Kyungsoo hitting Kai's shoulder, which Kai is now rubbing. Kyungsoo then turns his attention back to me. 

"And this right here is my idiot boyfriend Kai." Kai waves at me and smiles. The only thing that stuck to my mind was boyfriend. Boyfriend. But that's not possible. Kai is loved by everyone, and he is d-dating a boy. I told one guy I liked him and I got hated by everyone. I was called a . But Kai's different, he's attractive, and he's friends with Luhan. But what about Kyungsoo, he seems average? I'm too confused right now. 

"Minseok are you okay?" I look over to Luhan who has a worried look on his face, my heart skips a beat. I nod my head and look over to smile at Kai and Kyungsoo. They are adorable, but sadly if I was with someone it wouldn't look that way. That person would be dragged down on top of that. 

Half of the lunch has gone by and Kai and Luhan keep arguing about little things and then laughing. It would be nice to have friends. Kyungsoo kept looking over at me and smiling, but never saying much. He spent most of the time scolding his boyfriend about being too loud. So this is what it's like to be friends, but I can barely even talk, and I'm boring, and I'm undeserving of it. 

I feel another presence sit down next to me. I look over to my right and see a boy with black hair and bags under his eyes, he kind of looks at a panda. I look over at Luhan to see if he has any answers, but I just see him wide eyed and staring at the panda looking boy and his lips turn into the biggest smile I have ever seen. 

"Tao! I'm so glad you are gonna sit with us this year! Did you ask if you can eat out in the lunchroom?" Why would he have to ask if he can eat out in the lunchroom. Is this one of Luhan's other friends?

"No, they told me I should try to be more 'social' this year." He let's out a sarcastic laugh, no smile appearing on his lips. I'm so confused and I look over at Luhan, still he continues to stare at Panda boy. 

"Well I'm glad, it will be fun I promise, and if you need to go down I'll go down with you, okay?" He nods his head and play with his food. Not lifting it once to eat. I look over at Luhan, who is finally looking over at me. He smiles then looks at Kai and Kyungsoo, then back at me. 

"Tao you know Kai and Kyungsoo, Right? Tao is my brother and well this is our new friend-"

"Minseok" Tao says and looks at me and waves.  

"Finally nice to meet you." He puts his head back down and plays with his food again. How does he know my name and did Luhan say friend? We aren't friends are we? We don't act like Kai and him. Heck, I barely even speak. I'm so confused right now. 

-Luhan-

I'm so glad I got Minseok to sit with us, and on top of that Tao is finally eating lunch with us. This day couldn't get better. Even though Tao and Minseok barely speak, just their presence here makes me happy. 

"Why are they sitting with you, and why would you reject to sit me, and sit with them instead." Sulli looks over at Minseok and Tao. Anger boils in me, but I push it inside, I can't get angry, especially not in front of Tao and Minseok. I take a deep breath and look at her. 

"Because they are my friends and I like sitting with them." She looks at them with her eyes narrowed and then back to me and smiling again. I want to tell everyone that Tao's my brother, but he made me promise not to tell anyone, he said its a burden to me. I tried to talk him out of it, but he said he would never talk to me if I did, I could only tell my friends. 

"Well, can I sit here with you guys." She sighs looking defeated. I understand she likes me, she's liked me since the first grade, I was nice to her, and I still am, I just flirt with her, and try to keep my distance, I wish she would just give up on me already. 

"Sorry, boys only." I look over at Kai, and he is now smirking at her. I look over to Sulli seeing her glare at him. She looks back at me and smiles. 

"Maybe another time then." She walks away back to her group of friends. I let out a relief sigh and look over at Kai. 

"Thank man, you helped me a lot back there, I wouldn't know what to say to her." Kai smiles at me and looks over to Kyungsoo giving him a peck on the cheek. I smile, they are the cutest thing together. I look over at Minseok, maybe one day I can be like that with you. I smile at him. He turns his head and we lock eye contact. My heart begins to race and my palms get sweaty. His face is to pretty, he's too cute, and ah his shy act is killing me. I quickly look away. 

"U-uhm, what do y-you have after th-this Minseok." I'm so nervous, I need to break this awkward tension. It feels like it's only us two, even if we are surrounded by people.

"M-music." I hear a light voice come out, and I release the breath I was holding in. We have the whole day together this year. It's official, it's the best day of my life. 

-Minseok-

I enjoy music, I really do, I love singing and I love dancing. But now I'm nervous, Luhan, The Luhan, is going to be in the same class as me this year. I've heard he has the voice of an angel, I'm so scared. Honestly, even though I said he was his 'friend', I just think he's lying, maybe he didn't know how to introduce me to his brother, but he didn't have to say friend. 

I told Luhan I had to go to my locker and that I would meet him in the music room. He kept on insisting that he came with me, but I told him that he shouldn't be late, he just nodded his head and left waving off with a 'bye see you in class' as he skipped away. So here I am now staring at my locker, notes covered with letters all over it. 

'You '
''
'Why don't you just die already'
'Boyfriend stealer'

Boyfriend stealer? That was a new one. I'm not stealing anybodies boyfriend? I'm used to these notes though, been getting them and bullied since that day. 

Flashback

 

"Hey leave that boy alone." I run over to a boy who is laying on the ground with a bloody face. I don't know anybodies name yet since I just started here, but I can't believe they could hit someone like that. The guys with the bloody fist looked at me and laughed and walked away. 

"Are you okay, do you need to be taken to the hospital?" I look at the boy he shakes his head and then smiles at me. How can he smile at a time like this?

"Thank you." He smiles at me, gets up, and walks away. 

The next day I go to school, I heard people talking about some boy named Lay that left the school. 

'I heard he was beaten up everyday and no one ever helped him'

'Well he deserved it, didn't you hear about what he did.'

I didn't want to hear it anymore. The boy named Lay had to be the guy I helped yesterday. He was so kind, how could someone be do mean. That's probably why he said thanks. I think he suffered enough, poor boy. 

I head to my locker only to notice one note stuck on my locker. 

'You're next boy'

End flashback

They invaded my privacy, figured out I was gay from my old school, and made my life a living hell. I could imagine it worse for that poor Lay boy, I never figured out what happened to make them hate him. 

I grab my books and close my locker. I look around and the hallways are empty. Late on the second day. I was to busy in my thoughts to even hear the bell. I walk to class, waiting for someone to pop out and attack me, but no one did, I guess this is a good day. 

I walk into the classroom, everyone was sitting on the floor, staring at the teacher, then turning all their attention to me. 

"Oh Minseok, so glad you made it! Go ahead and sit anywhere on the carpet." She smiles at me and gestures at the ground. I bow at her and take a seat farthest away from everyone. I see Luhan who is staring at me, he smiles and waves and turns back to face the teacher. 

"Okay class, I thought off a fun project to start of the year! You are going to be in partners of your choice because I trust you. You guys are going to be composing your own song! It can only be a verse and chorus or you can make it into a full songs, whatever you prefer!" The students around me starting to talk, you can hear the excitement in their voices. I'm glad too, it's just it gets hard to compose a song all by yourself. 

"Okay everyone, grab a partner and start discussing!" I see everybody looking around, most people have their eye on Luhan. He gets up and starts walking, walking towards me, he won't choose me though, maybe he's going to the girl in front of me. I look down at the sheet of paper trying to think of what I should write. I feel a swift of air around me and hear someone breathe. 

"So what do you want to do?"

 

A/N

hello everyone I am back within two days, this is honestly how fast my updates should be, but I'm lazy so sorry. This is my first chapter that reached 2k wow lol. I had to get the lunchroom scene in so you could kind of see everyone's personality. So it's not completely pointless. Ooh Minseok and Luhan are writing a song, I wonder what it would be. Also, I'm sorry about no fluff :( I want to write it but I can't rush the story, they barely know each other, for now. I hope you don't mind but I'm gonna throw in a Tao chapter sooner or later. It's gonna be important to me, and the story maybe lol. I feel like I'm torturing all my fav members though, like lay baby, and tao, and xiumin, too hard for me lol. Okay more questions, I just like talking to you readers. Also thank you for over 50 subs! I didn't think I would get that many and also thank you for five upvotes, I love you all too much! (Also I write this on my phone, so sorry if the layout is bad.)

 

1. If you could be in any kpop group(boy or girl) what group would you want to be in?

Mine would be 4minute, ahh have you seen the crazy mv I love it. 

 

2. Is there a certain member (exo or any group) you would like to see in this story?