Lullaby

Always Be Mine

Warning! Will be hints of abuse(since I can't actually write it)

 

 

-No ones pov-

The week goes by as Minseok continues to ignore Luhan, and Luhan's persistent attempts to talk to him. Minseok wishes to talk to him, but not after what had happened. He can't drag him down, he believes it's best to be by himself. 
As for Luhan he tries to figure out what he did wrong, or if something has happened to Minseok for him to ignore him. 

It is Friday and Luhan believes it's his chance to finally talk to Minseok. 

-Luhan-

I watch the clock tick by in music class, waiting for the bell to ring. Today I decided to talk to Minseok, and I feel like if I don't it's only going to get worse. I look over to him and see him writing his music research paper. He doesn't look well, bags under his eyes, puffy eyes, pale, and looking really thin. I don't know what has happened, but I know for sure that something is not right. 

The bell rings and I pick up my bag, I have packed it earlier for I don't miss Minseok today. I stand up and hurry to the school entrance, for sure I will catch him there, since he always goes to his locker before he walks home. I scan the crowd until I find a familiar face. He's looking down, so he hasn't noticed me yet. I run up to him and tap his shoulder, he looks up and his eyes go big. 

"I need to talk to you." I quickly pull him to the tables on the side of the school outside. Pulling his harm before he has any chance to say anything, but he doesn't fight against the pull. I sit on top of a table and he sits next to me. I take a deep breath, and look at him, he is fiddling with his fingers. 

"Why have you been ignoring me this whole week." I hold my breath. 

"I haven't."

"Of course you have, I don't see you at lunch, in class you take a seat next to someone else instead of sitting next to me, in music class you won't even glance at me. Did I do something wrong, did I upset you. If I did I'm really sorry." I'm on the verge of tears now, I really don't want to upset him. 

"I'm sorry, I just think it's better if we're not friends anymore." My heart breaks at that. Why, how, did I hurt him, why doesn't he want to be around me. I feel a tear slip down my cheek, no please. 

"Was it me?" I try not to choke on my words. 

"No, you did nothing wrong. It's me, I don't deserve to be friends with you." I feel more tears drip down my cheeks. Why does he think that, if anything I don't deserve an angel like him.

"Why, why do you think that. You mean the world to me. The little time we have spent together feels like years. Please don't think that, please. I really happy we became friends don't leave me." I hear a sniffle next to me and see that Minseok is now crying. It breaks my heart, I'm sorry. 

I face him and pull him towards me. I embrace him into a hug and I feel him slowly wrap his arms around me and feel his head lay on my shoulder. His sobs increase and I can feel my shoulder getting wet, I could care less though. I squeeze him tighter. There has to be more to this, but it's not time to figure out now. 

I slowly release one arm from him and pull a necklace out of my pocket and slowly slip it around his neck. I see him flinch and slowly pull away. He wipes his eyes and looks down. 

"A-a baozi necklace?" He looks at it, twisting it in his fingers and looking at it. 

"Yeah, it's cute and it reminds me of you." I say shyly, looking away, feeling my cheeks heat up. 

"Thank you, I really like it." I look up to see him smiling softly at me, I smile back and embrace him into another hug, this time with no crying. 

"So are we good again, you're not going to ignore me?" I ask, partially nervous, because I don't want to be rejected. 

"Yeah, that sounds good." I scream on the inside, I got my baozi back!

"But, I can't h-hang out for awhile. M-my parents are b-back and they want to s-spend time with me." I smile at him and nod. 

"Okay, that's fine. Please call or text me if you need anything okay. I only have Jongin to text, and you know how he is." I laugh and he laughs along with me. I see him wipe his eyes one more time. 

"I-I have to go now, my parents are waiting for me." I nod and wave bye as he gets off the table and begins to walk home. I look up at the sky and smile. The only thing I'm worried about is that Minseok has started to stutter again, but that's okay, it'll be fine I hope. 

-Minseok- 

I run home, faster than I have ever ran before. I don't know what had possessed me to talk to Luhan after school, or that I happened to cry in front of him. I look at the little baozi necklace as I run. Of course I had to talk to him, I'm basically in love with him, how couldn't I. I'm sorry Luhan, I won't make you feel uncomfortable or find out my secret, I can't lose you now. 

I run to the door and slowly catch my breath. Just in time. I open the door slowly to see my dad sitting on the couch, watching tv. 

"Ahh son, you are on time again, that's a full week. Did you finally realize that you don't deserve friends, that you are worthless and that no one likes you." He looks directly at me and I shiver. 

"Yes, father." I'm sorry I am lying, but I cannot lose him again. 

"Good, now get out of my sight!" I bow and run upstairs, before anything else rash comes out of his mouth, or before he gets into his mood. I walk into my room and lock the door behind me. I'm sorry Luhan, that you have such a worthless friend. 

-Luhan- 

I skip my way home and open the front door and greet my family with a huge smile. 

"Hello everyone! How are you?"

"Wow seems like our little Luhan is finally done being gloomy, did something good happen." Mom looks at me with an eyebrow risen. 

"Luhan's happy again!" I hear a screech from the kitchen and see Minah now running towards me. She leaps towards me and I catch her and spin her around and kiss her forehead and then let her down. 

"Minseok and I finally talked. I gave him that necklace and he said he likes it!"

"Well I'm glad everything is good again, am I going to see him around the house more?" I shake my head. 

"His family is back home and they said they want to spend time with him, but it's fine because I can text and call him." I smile and sit on the couch next to Tao, he hasn't even noticed my existence. 

I look at him and see him looking at his phone and smiling. I glance at who he is texting and of course it is Sehun. I clear my throat and see Tao look up at me, startled. 

"Oh, hi Luhan." His phone buzzes and he quickly looks back down at it. I glance and I look at the message. 'When can we hang out, and I mean outside of school. It's Friday, why don't we do something.' Tao starts to quickly type back. 'Im busy, maybe later.' He clicks send and waits for his next text from him. I shake my head and grab his phone from his hand and run for my dear life, because that kid is fast. I run quickly to my room and lock the door. 

"Luhan, I swear you better give me my phone back right now!" I laugh and quickly find Sehun's number and push call. 

"Tao! You never call me, what's up."

"No, this is Luhan."

"Oh, hey Luhan, what's up, do you need something?"

"Oh I just wanted to tell you that Tao is not busy, and he would love to have you over."

"LUHAN I SWEAR YOU BETTER HANG UP RIGHT NOW, ARE YOU YOU KIDDING ME RIGHT NOW!" I laugh at Tao's nervous anger. 

"Is that okay, Tao doesn't seem happy over it?"

"It's fine, he's just nervous. Be here soon please, bye." I hang up the phone and slide it under the door, not risking my chance. I hear Tao mumble something, but I just ignore it. 

Five minutes later and I hear the bell ring. I quickly unlock my door and run downstairs. I open the door and see Sehun with a bag. I put on my biggest smile and look at him. 

"Come in Sehun, I'm so glad you came over! Please make yourself at home." He bows and walks in, taking his shoes off. His mouth is wide open and I see him looking around. 

"This place is huge, I didn't realize it the last time I have been here since it was night." He continues to look around and I giggle. 

"Well, you're always welcome here." I see Sehun's eyes shift and widened. I look to see where he is looking and it's tao, in his panda pajamas. He probably changed early for he didn't have to in front of Sehun. 

"Cute." I look at Sehun who is staring at Tao with all his might and Tao shifting nervously. I shake my head with a smile and walk away, the two lovebirds. 

                          ~*~

We eat dinner late due to father coming home late again. I make my way upstairs and notice that it's already eight and it's already dark outside. I get dressed and I hear my phone start to ring. 


-Minseok-

"Open the door you worthless piece of ! I wasn't done with you!" I hear him mumble some things, but not loud enough to hear. I hear him walk away and I start to cry. I feel my left shoulder start to burn, but there is nothing I can do about it. I wipe my tears and think of something I can do to get my mind off of this. I reach towards my phone unconsciously and dial Luhan's number. I hear three rings. 

"Hi Minnie!" what have I done. I quickly cover the phone and wipe my tears and sniffle my nose. 

"Hi Luhan."

"Is everything okay, are you hurt, are you crying, do you want me to come over?" I laugh a little and shake my head, realizing he can't see it. 

"No, I'm fine."

"If that's what you say."

"Hey, can you do me a favor."

"Sure! Anything for you!" I feel butterflies in my stomach and quickly shake my head. 

"Can you sing me a song?

"Okay, give me a sec to find my journal." I hear rustling in the background. I can't believe this, he's actually going to sing to me on the phone just because I asked him too, no questioning or anything. 

"Found it! Are you tired?

"Kind of."

"Okay, I'll sing you a slow song then. Let me get my guitar and I'll put the phone on speaker. Make sure you are lying down too." I hear his footsteps running around and then I hear the bed creak. I smile. 

"I'm sorry if this is corny, I wrote this today, so I really hope you like it. I hear a guitar start to strum and then I hear his angelic voice. 

'It's the way that you blush when you're nervous
It's your ability to make me earn this
I know that you're tired
Just let me sing you to sleep

It's about how you laugh out of pity
'Cause let's be honest, I'm not really that funny
I know that you're shy
Just let me sing you to sleep

If you need anything
Just say the word, I mean anything
Rest assured, if you start to doze
Then I'll tuck you in
Plant my lips where your necklace is closed'
 
I close my eyes and slowly drift off into a peaceful sleep. 

                           ~*~

I wake up and the house is completely silent. I groan from my shoulder still being in pain. I look for my phone, which is still on, with Luhan's name still on the screen. I quickly pick it up, I must have fallen asleep when he was singing. 

"Luhan?"

"Hmm"

"Are you up?"

"Now I am." My breath hitches. Their is no way someone morning voice could be that y. 

"I-I'm sorry"

"Hey no big deal, I needed to get up anyways."

"Oh okay, hold on a second." I put my phone on the bed and run downstairs. No sign of them. I notice the pink note on the fridge. 

'Going shopping, we'll be home at 7'

I quickly run upstairs. 

"Luhan."

"Hmm."

"Come over today?" I hear him spring from his bed. 

"Really, is now okay?!" I giggle. 

"Yeah. That's fine. Don't bring your car though."

"Okay, be there in ten." I hear the phone go silent." My face reddens. He stayed on the phone with me all night, he probably heard me sleeping, but he seemed happy to come over, so that's a good sign then. I quickly take a shower, get dressed and fix my hair. 

I hear a knock on the door. I rush downstairs and look through the keyhole and see Luhan smiling. Calm down Minseok. I open the door. 

"Hi Luhan."

"Minnie I've missed you!" He clashes into me, snuggling his head into my neck. I've gotten used to his skinship after being friends with him for more than a week and all the nights that I have been over his house. I like it though, well of course I do. I put my arms around him and hug him back. 

"We saw each other yesterday." We release from the hug. 

"Yeah, but we haven't hung out forever. Ahh, I can't control myself!" He pulls me back into a hug and I laugh. 

"Come on in, it must be cold."

"It's not cold if I'm hugging you." He snuggles in closer to me. I hug him back and slowly pull him in the house, letting him go in the process. 

"So, what are we going to do today?"

"Probably watch movies in my room, I don't feel like doing much."

"Sounds perfect, let's go!" He pulls me up to my room and jumps on my bed pulling me with him. He grabs the laptop from underneath my bed. He turns it on and puts on netflix. I see him click on lady and the tramp. 

"Really again, we watched this 10 times already."

"But it's so cute! Please." I let out a sigh. 

"Fine." He squeals and moves closer to me, putting his head on my shoulder. Breathe, just breathe. Don't let him hear your heart beat, just breathe. 

Halfway through the movie I begin to doze off, but it's fine, because Luhan already has. 

                           ~*~

I hear the door slam and my heart races. No, oh no, oh no, oh no. I look to my right and see Luhan still sleeping. I shake him, gently, but start shaking harder as he doesn't get up. 

"Luhan please get up."

"Huh?"

"Please listen to me, you have to get in the closet now, please." He nods tiredly and walks into my walk in closet. 

"Stay here and don't say anything." He nods and lays on the floor and goes back to sleep. I close the door and jump back onto my bed and go into my fake sleep mood. I hear my door creak open and I shut my eyes tighter, please don't bother me now, not when Luhan is here. 

"Wake up, right now!" I pretend to get up slowly and rub my eyes. 

"Listen, your mom and I are starting work tomorrow, so we won't be home, don't pull nothing funny." I nod my head. 

"Useless." He walks out of the room and I sigh. I get up and lock the door. At least Luhan can stay over now. 

I open the door to find Luhan still asleep, I smile lightly and walk over to him. I shake him lightly and he opens his eyes. 

"Come back to the bed?" He shakes his head. 

"It's gonna get cold, and it'll be un-comfy."

"Carry me." His words are slurred and he holds his arms out reaching towards me. I laugh and I pull him in. He wraps his legs around my waist and puts his arms around my neck and snuggles his head into my chest. I try to stay calm as possible, but you know how that usually turns out. 

I carry him to the bed, but he refuses to let go. So I let him stay snuggled up to me. All warm and cozy, I fall back asleep. 

 

A/N

Oh my goodness I finally updated. I am such a horrible author I'm sorry. I finally got another job and I've been busy with online school and my culinary class. OTL. I decided to make it longer because I left you guys hanging for awhile. So I tried not to leave you hanging this time. It's 2.8k and usually it's only 1.5k so I added an extra thousand words. Well since two weeks passed and you know Luhan's family and how they push them to be together, well Minseok is okay with that skinship, I needed it in this story, I craved it, so I had to write some. So next is Taohun, since I left it kinda hanging there OTL. After that Kai will be hinting some stuff towards Minseok at school. Also that song is 'Lullaby' by the spill canvas. 

Thank you for the subscribes even though I haven't updated for awhile. I love all of you readers, I will try to update more I promise. Thank you again! <3