Title Playlist. PT 1

Always Be Mine

Hello everyone! This is just gonna be the ‘song playlist’ just meaning the songs that were the chapter names, and why I picked them. All of the songs I picked was because the lyrics had some meaning to it. Some are English songs, and some are Korean. I never chose the song until I was finished writing, because I was not trying to base my writing off the song, it gave me more freedom, so that’s why some of them aren’t all correct. Also these are all songs I enjoy, and actually listen too, so don’t be too harsh on me if you don’t like the song personally, thank you.

 

Chapter 1: Cloud of Unknowing- Gorillaz

            I adore the Gorillaz and the first part of the song really caught my eye, and yes this song is super short, but I really enjoy the lyrics. It goes with the chapter because this is when Luhan first approaches Minseok, and since Luhan has liked Minseok for a long time the last two lines make sense.

            On the cloud of unknowing
My world seems open
Every satellite up here is watching
But I was here from the very start
Trying to find a way to your heart

 

Chapter 2: Pity and Fear- Death Cab for Cutie

            Well the title says it all, during this chapter I didn’t state it (but it was mentioned in the title lol) but what Minseok was feeling was fear, fear of talking to Luhan, fear of school, fear of the bullies, and he thought Luhan was there to only pity him.

            A storm at sea the bow cracked and I was capsizing
And I sunk below where I swore I would never go
If you can't stand in place you can't tell there's walking away
From who remains, who stays, who stays, who stays

 

            Cause there are no tears
Just pity and fear
And I recall
The push more than the fall
The push more than the fall

 

Chapter 3: Stutter- Marianas Trench

            I chose this song based more off the title at first, but as I was listening to lyrics carefully again, I found a couple of part that could be hinted more toward what Luhan was feeling, and a couple of parts related to Minseok. This is actual my favorite Non-Korean band, so I had to put in a song by them lol.

            I know
I never make this easy.
It's easier to disappear.

 

            Sunshine
Blinds you if you stare but,
Now I see, yeah (crystal), crystal clear.
So here I am,
You can take or leave me.
But I won't ever be anywhere but here.

 

Chapter 4: Breathe in the Air- Pink Floyd

            During this chapter Minseok was more on the confused side of why Luhan was talking to him, why he picked him for the project. Minseok was always resented by everyone, and Luhan knew, but chose to ignore it, because he generally liked him. I guess to explain the lyrics below I would say Luhan is basically telling him that he can reject him, but not to actually leave him, to stay with him, to choose his own ground by talking to Luhan, instead of worrying of the people around him.

 

            Breathe, breathe in the air
Don't be afraid to care
Leave but don't leave me
Look around and choose your own ground

 

Chapter 5: Goodnight, (Sweet Ladies)- Emilie Autumn

            I didn’t finish the song title in the actual title because it wouldn’t have made sense. Emilie writes some pretty different, and creepy feeling music, but I was actually able to use quite a bit of her songs here. There was one point in the song that stuck out to me for this chapter. Minseok is reminded he is not forgotten when he gets chosen for the project. Sleep is an escape to people who are suffering, or if you just even had a bad day. It goes the same for Minseok in this manner, in the third line, it won’t fade, but he’ll sleep to temporarily forget about it. As for Luhan the last line belongs to him, he’s made a difference in their relationship by approaching Minseok, he’s finally won the fight of talking and interacting with Minseok.

            With rosemary green and bright
You're not forgotten, eternal night
Can't fade your memory, dim your light
You've made a difference, you've won your fight

 

Chapter 6: Remember- Emilie Autumn

            This was Tao’s chapter where I introduced his character fully into the story. It was basically talking about his relationship with a student named Lay, and how he had disappeared.


            Like a dream I had in subconscious deep
Here you come again only in my sleep
And I remember you
I remember you

            Like a memory of a time gone by
Many things I've seen still I can't deny
That I remember you
Yes I remember the things you do to me

 

Chapter 7: Do I Wanna Know?- Artic Monkeys

            To summarize the chapter this was when Minseok and Luhan had performed for their music class, and also when Luhan had first invited Minseok over. The song fits super well with this chapter, and I was glad that I chose this song. The verses tend to jump between Minseok and Luhan a lot. Great Job if you can figure out who is who!

            Have you got colour in your cheeks?
Do you ever get that fear that you can't shift
The type that sticks around like something in your teeth?
Are there some aces up your sleeve?
Have you no idea that you're in deep?
I dreamt about you nearly every night this week
How many secrets can you keep?
'Cause there's this tune I found that makes me think of you somehow and I play it on repeat
Until I fall asleep
Spilling drinks on my settee

            (Do I wanna know)
If this feeling flows both ways?
(Sad to see you go)
Was sort of hoping that you'd stay
(Baby we both know)
That the nights were mainly made for saying things that you can't say tomorrow day

Chapter 8: Follow Me- Got7

            “How the hell were you able to put a Got7 song in here?” A question I ask myself every day. I was actually listening to this song while writing it, so I was like, well what’s the lyrics sound like. Nothing like I wanted it to be lol. Since it was a short chapter, and I wasn’t feeling well, I decided to be lazy and just name it this. The title makes sense with the chapter though, so it wasn’t complete laziness.

 

Chapter 9: Gotta Be You- 2NE1

            If you heard the English lyrics to this you are probably wondering “This doesn’t make sense” This is the chapter of Tao and Sehun getting to know each other a little better. The only part only part that makes sense would have to be the chorus, which is why I chose this song. I guess it’s more hinted towards confusion, as for in the song they talk about still liking the guy even though they hate them. As for Tao it’s like how he wants to be alone, but Sehun comes and pops into his life rather he wants him or not.

            It’s gotta be you, no
My one and only oh oh oh
It’s gotta be you, no
It’s gotta be you by my side

 

Chapter 10: 24/7 Heaven- BTS

            Ahh, the night when Minseok was sleeping over, and all the pranks his mom was pulling on Luhan to get him closer to Minseok. I know this song is about BTS and their ‘girlfriend’ but nah, it’s just a song about Luhan and his love for Minseok, well that’s how I see it anyway lol.

 

            All night girl
I think about you all night girl
I’ll see you when tomorrow comes
And I don’t know what to say

A smile naturally comes several times a day
Only imagined it, some day,
but not now, some day
I think I’ll be smiling

 

 

Chapter 11: What’s Going On?- B1a4

            A song about lying?! How did I even come up with this?? Well first of all this is when I sprained my wrist, and it was pretty hard for me to do anything, so I was here being lazy again, and I was listening to this song and decided to look up the lyrics, but I actually found one line in there I liked, so it wasn’t complete laziness! I was proud of myself for this lol. Luhan knows that even if Minseok never falls for him he will always be happy just to have Minseok by his side.

            (Alright) It’s alright even if you’re not always bright
(Alright) It’s alright even if you don’t look for me
(Alright) I’m happy just by looking at you
Falling in love

 

Chapter 12: What is Love?- Exo (Kyungsoo and Baekyhun)

            I told myself not to title any of my songs exo songs since I was writing a story about exo and I should be trying to be more creative, BUT this song just fit this chapter too well, and I couldn’t resist it. ‘This was the chapter after Minseok started to figure out that he likes Luhan. Also this fits Minseok’s and Luhan’s POV so well, so let me live. I could post the whole song, but I’ll just post main points.

            You’re perfect to me, I imagined.
How would it be if we were together?
If only you say okay,
everything is perfect. Oh baby.

           

            If you wish and wish earnestly,
will it come true like the fairytales?
A never-ending happy ending,
happily ever after
I will trust you, protect you and comfort you.
I will be on your side. I will never leave your side.

 

 

          Okay, this is the first half of the Title Playlist thing. Rather you just want to know the song or artist, an actual description of why I picked it, or just wanted a short summary of the chapter, it’s all here for you! This became longer than I expected so I’m gonna split it in two which I have no idea when I will post the second half since I have classes for college tomorrow, and I’m actually leaving the house to hang out with a friend that I haven’t hung out with in three months even though she lives down the street, whoops. I’m not good at communication with my own friends:( I already have a name for my chapter because even though it’s not technically based off the song it has the same type of feeling, and no I didn’t write it, it’s just in my head now!

 

            Thank you for reading as always, and also thank you to the new subscrihers too!  Also I have 100 comments for this story, wow, thank you all for commenting, I was love to see feedback, and your reaction, so thank you for sharing it with me. Until next time!