Alive Again

Always Be Mine

 

*Suicide mention in the second paragraph. Please skip over if you are not comfortable with that thank you*

 

 

-Tao-

I tell Sehun all about my friend Lay, from how we met, and how he helped me the first day. To all the times he took all the abuse instead of me, and how he never cared how badly he was hurt as long as I was fine. How he would spoil me rotten, but never accepted anything in return saying that he didn't need it. The last words that I spit out were even harder to say. 

"H-he killed himself, I-it was my f-fault, I-I never helped him, I-if only I w-was stronger, h-he'd still be here. I-it's all my fault." I clutch onto Sehun's shirt, feeling all the pain clutch onto my heart. I cry my heart out, something I haven't done ever since. Keeping everything inside, and dealing with the pain. 

"I-It hurts Sehun, it hurts so much." He wraps his arms around me and rubs my back, hushing me softly. 

"It's okay Tao, let it all out." I cry even harder, how could anyone love me after hearing me out?

"You know, I bet he wouldn't be happy about you blaming yourself. He stuck up for you so many times, and he didn't do it so you could feel hurt, he did it because he loves you." Sehun tightens his hug, and puts his head on my shoulder. 

"T-thank you." I manage to say barely above a whisper. 

"For what?"

"For listening to me." He hums in response and I continue to cry, still holding a grip on him. 

                         ~*~

After crying for another thirty minutes, I lay down in my bed, puffy eyes and red face, but somehow, feeling much better. Sehun is setting up his area on the floor, it's silent, but it's nice. 

I turn off the light, and manage to still see Sehun's shadow. I see his face move towards where I'm sleeping. 

"Hey Tao, can I ask you one more question?" His voice seems hesitant.

"Okay."

"Is the reason why you protected me when we first met because of him?"

"Yeah."

"Why did you allow yourself to get hurt?" I go silent, maybe he won't ask again. 

"Tao?"

"Yeah?"

"Why?"

"I deserve it." My voice is quiet, I can barely heart it. 

"Why?" His voice seems hesitant to ask again. 

"Because, I deserve it." My voice cracks. You are not crying again Tao, you hear me. 

I feel a hand move around on my bed until I feel it's warm presence on top of mine. 

"Hmm, I don't think you do, I think you should stick up for yourself."

"Why is that?"

"No one deserves such treatment, I mean we're only human, we can only take so much damage." I him in response. 

"It's hard."

"What is?"

"To stick up for yourself, when you've been receiving it for so long."

"I'll help you, I'll show you, I promise." He wraps his pinky around mine and holds it there. 

"Goodnight Tao."

"Goodnight." 

I fall asleep with his pinky still wrapped around mine. 

                   

                         ~*~

I wake up to a bright light shining in my eyes. I groan, I forgot to close the curtains last night. I open my eyes I an even brighter scene. I quickly close my eyes. 

"I'm sorry Sehun."

"Oh Tao, I didn't think you would wake up! Sorry I'll hurry up." I hear him rummage through his bag and the sound of clothes being put on. 

"Okay you can open them." I open my eyes to see a blushing Sehun sitting on the floor. 

"Ah, so um, how did you sleep?" I look up at him to see him shifting around nervously. 

"It was good, crying makes you tired, you know." I laugh awkwardly. 

My whole body jumps as I see my room door burst open with a smiling Luhan. 

"I am going to see Minnie, I have no idea when I am going to be home, but tell mom and dad! Oh, hi and bye Sehun, thanks for coming over! Bye Tao love you!" The overexcited Luhan slams the door shut. I rub my temples and look at Sehun. 

"So hyper in the morning." I groan. I stare at Sehun and he stares back. We both break out in laughter. 

"Your brother is so in love it hurts." 

"You should have seen him the first day he saw him, oh my god." We both explode with laughter, the awkward atmosphere from before completely dissolving. 

"Are you hungry." 

"Starving." We get up and race down the steps, almost tripping on the way to the kitchen. 

"I win!" Sehun loudly exclaims. 

"Are you kidding me, I totally won, just cause your noodle arms were in here first means nothing, my foot got in here first."

"Yah, my arms look nothing like noodles!" I burst out in laughter, and a pair of familiar arms wrap around me once again and I freeze. 

"Ah, I liked the Tao I first met, but I like this side of you more." I slap his arm away. 

"Don't be so cheesy in the morning." I push him to the side, trying to hide the blush forming on my cheeks. I hear a giggle escape his lips and I smile just a bit. 

"I'm feeding you, you better be quiet." He quickly shuts his mouth and quietly sits at the table with a smirk on his lips. 

 

A/N

Hello I am back again with the second part of taohun. I'll be back to Xiumin and Luhan now. Ah, I'm still not done with these two, but they have to have more bonding time during xiuhan chapters which they will not be included until later. I was going to update this earlier, but I ended up being super busy. I will try my best to post tomorrow cause that's my day off until I go back to work. Thank you everybody for the subscribes and comments:) I'm thrilled that you guys actually like this story even though there are tons of mistakes. (Also this chapter is poorly written and most are but shh) thank you again, I appreciate and love you all very much!