♥ Jimin ♥

BTS One-Shot Scenarios
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Little Dancer -  ♥ Jimin ♥ (Requested by Jiminnieluv)

I was everything between excited and anxious when I strolled down the pavement with the famous ‘High Step Dance Studio’ as my main destination.  My black woolen scarf was wrapped around my neck rather tightly preventing the stingy cold to pursuit injustice to my receptive corpus. I could barely breath but as long as my health maintained unharmed it was something I could tolerate.

 

I sighed, hoping some of my nervosity breathed out with my protracted exhalation, leaving me for good. But who was I kidding? Of course it had to stay implanted in my soul, not signaling to cop out anytime soon. Poor me.

 

Today would be my first dance practice since my arrival to Busan and honestly I couldn’t wait to free my mind and let it explore the movement of the human body. I’ve danced since I could walk. My mother always loved to babble about how much she enjoyed seeing me bob up and down to the beat of children’s songs when I was in my best diaper age. Seeing the obvious broad grin on my face, she knew from the very first sight that dancing would be a long-lasting friend following me for eternity. Mothers are always right. Indeed, mine was. As soon as I was old enough she signed me up for several dance classes. I learned everything from hip-hop to disco, heck even riverdance. But it was ballet, guilty as charged for stealing my heart. From day one I was introduced I was already sold.

 

The graceful moves caught my attention and my yearning to learn more was continuously increasing. I remember how feminine I felt when I tried my first pair of ballet shoes. It was an indescribable feeling and I’ve never lost my passion nor my need to show it but lately I’ve grown a liking to contemporary I still had it, hence I was extremely giddy about this new studio. The structure of the studio regulations was quite simple. You payed a specific amount of money every month which gave you free access to use an available room whenever you wanted. You could also sign up for dance lessons and classes in all genre. It was completely up to you. I was using the first option.

 

Watching the big illuminating letters above the entrance, I took a deep breath and pushed the door open, feeling the pang of warmth hitting me like a sledgehammer as I entered. Even the decor was amazing. Simply modern and sleek, just like I preferred. A big smile formed my face as the studio consumed me more and more with each step.

 

~~

 

Just like I’ve done it so many times, I entered my usual room and started to unbuckle my shoes and take off my jacket as soon as I could get away with it. Let’s just say, I was quite an impatient girl with a strong love for dance.

 

Dressed in a tight long sleeved crop top and black leggings, I fiddled with my long wavy hair but managed to tame the mess, placing it all in a high ponytail.

Barefooted I found my way to the stereo system and hummed to the starting tones of Adele.

 

I positioned myself in front of the mirror, observing my figure and my stature before my body let free and responded to the music with soft movements.

 

Turning, jumping, crawling, pivoting, another jump, pirouette. I was sweating and panting but it was all worth the hassle. My eyes were studying every move, the way my limbs were stretching, my precision, looking for incorrect details that shouldn’t be there.

 

It has to be perfect. The music had been gone for quite some time but that didn’t stop me.

 

“Oh, I’m sorry!” An unknown voice apologized. Abruptly, I stopped my doings, surprised by the stranger’s presence. Turning around I spotted a guy with ruffled hair and red cheeks. He was obviously embarrassed by the entire situation.

 

“I didn’t know this room was occupied.” The guy smiled at me sweetly. He had one of the most decisive smiles I’d ever seen. His teeth were crooked but it only added a certain charm to his appearance along with his flat nose and full lips. Handsome.

 

“You don’t have to apologize really. It’s okay.” I reassured, waving with my hand, denying his apology. It could happen to anyone and it wasn’t like I owned the area.

 

Upon seeing my casual dotted reaction, his smile widened, flashing the series of white teeth he was the owner off. He took a hesitant step forward, still holding onto the door. Automatically, I eyed him up and down. He was half a head taller than me, broad and well built. This guy was definitely packed. My theory was only verified when he scratched the back of his neck, flexing his thick bicep in the process. I needed to find the person who invented the wife beater and give him a big fat kiss in gratitude.

 

I didn’t know for how long I was oogling his goodies but something told me it was quite some time when he coughed, trying to get me back to the reality I was undoubtedly absent from.

 

I shook my head, a little confused. “I’m sorry, what did you say?”  Now it was my turn to be embarrassed.

 

As if he knew what kind of thoughts that flashed through my head seconds ago, a mellow smirk appeared on his face.

 

“I just complimented your dancing. I couldn’t help but notice. You put a lot of effort in it, I can tell.” He commented and shifted his current position as he was now leaning against the door frame way too nonchalantly for my liking.

 

“Well, thank you.” I blurted out, feeling the temperature arise when it struck me he had been watching me without my knowledge.

I bit my lip, oblivious to what to say in order to remove my growing unease he was the one to blame for.

 

“You don’t have to thank me, doll.” He walked towards me casually. It looked pretty dangerous to me.

 

“I’m Park Jimin.” Winking one time, he offered his hand which I accepted.

 

“Haneul.” I responded, shaking his hand politely.

 

“Well, Haneul.” Letting go of my hand, he was already standing by the stereo searching for whatever on my phone. I was about to protest until a song started to play.

 

“Let me show you how I dance.”


Practice had never been the same since that day.

 

~~

 

“Don’t do that you are ruining the choreo!” I pushed a grinning Jimin away from me but that didn’t stop his provoking laughter. Sprawled on the floor he was practically dying and I was glaring at him, furious with his attitude. Sometimes he got these flips where he thought dabbing or dancing the ‘Macarena’ was more exciting than the choreos we came up with. Every since that first day of interruptance he’d invite himself to my practices. It was entirely self-invited let me tell you that. But as time went by, it became a normal thing for him to do and I slowly started to get used to it. Heck, we even danced together. A great exercise for both of us. He was funny, charming, annoying and last but not least, bloody arrogant. An addicting cocktail I never grew tired of.

 

I ignored his high-pitched laughter and crossed my arms, looking offended and upset. His laughter died down as he sat up from his lying position, unsatisfied about my sudden silence. I felt his eyes on my back but I didn’t flinch. I wouldn’t let him win this one. He did way too often and it was time for revenge.

 

“Oh c’mon! You can’t be mad at me.” He cooed. It didn’t work Park Jimin, it didn’t work.

When I still didn’t budge, he groaned. “Haneul.”

 

No answer.

 

His voice was more determined this time as he got up from the wooden floor. “Haneul!”

He had to work for it.

 

“Neul.” The tone in his voice softened. Oh god, how I hated when he started on the nickname-thing. From out fairly short amount of time together, he already knew it was one of my weaknesses. Bastard.

 

I was still looking away, my arms still crossed and my nose still up in the air, doing its best in convincing me to continue this little stupid game. Somehow he’d manage to be the best at pissing me off.

 

“You know you can’t be mad at me.” A deep voice awfully close to my neck made me shiver and I turned around in, surprised when I saw how close he was. His movement went past my nose. That was a sneaky move and by the smug look on his face he knew that oh-too well.


I frowned. “Stop doing that! You scared me!”

 

He flickered my forehead with his finger, bowing his head down to reach my eye level.
“Well, duh?”

 

“It was kind of the whole point, doll.” As if everything was perfectly fine, he threw his heavy arm around my shoulder and buried me into his side. Being small had its disadvantages and right now I felt that more than ever.

 

I scoffed in a complaining manner but inhaled his scent in secrecy. There was just something completely enchanting and attractive about the mixture of cologne and sweat. Call me a creep but I was addictive.

 

Jimin managed to man up and do the choreo without too much complaining and when we were done reviewing the choreography he lay down in exhaustion. I would lie if I said it didn’t worry me, it was not something he did often.

 

“Do you want to take a break or something?” I suggested, scooting closer as I sat down beside him with my legs crossed. He didn’t answer at first but kept his gaze locked on the ceiling above with two unreadable dark orbs. The only sound was his heavy breathing echoing the four walls.

 

“We are taking a break right now, aren’t we?” He asked curiously, his eyes not removing themselves from the apparently interesting ceiling.

 

I didn’t know whether he was cheeky or if he was being serious. Sometimes you never knew. Park Jimin was an unsolved mystery most of the time. A mystery that caught my interest.

 

“Yeah, but we’ve been practicing a lot lately and .. “ I didn’t know how to mouth my words correctly. Cheesy, was the last thing I wanted to be.

 

“I’m kind of worried about you.” Those were true words. The couple of past days he’d been zoning out in periods whether it was in the middle of a practice or a conversation. It made me nervous. He seemed pretty stressed.

 

He turned his head slowly, forcing me to look into those confusing orbs. For a moment he looked genuinely touched and I had no idea what to say, too stunned by the way he was gazing at me. Almost like I wasn’t real.

 

“You are worrying about me?” The straight line shaping his lips, curved into one of those dazzling smiles that had me go numb. He managed to go from emo to jock, real quick.


“Is little Neul worried about this hunk right here?” Slapping his chest, he tried to imitate Tarzan the best he could but failed miserably. At least according to me.

 

I rolled my eyes at him. Same ol’. Jimin chuckled upon seeing my reaction.


“No, I wasn’t. I don’t worry about jerks like you.” I must admit he tested my temper quite often. Now was no exception. I was really trying to put effort in it and show him how much I truly cared but he was too blinded by himself and his ego to see.


As if he could feel my retraction, he grabbed my wrist frantically before I got the chance to flee and runaway.

 

He gulped, his face turning serious again. His eyes were studying my face and it felt amazing and scary at the same time.

 

“Thank you for caring. I appreciate it. I really do. Don’t question that, ever.” Unknowingly, or it was at least what I assumed, he began caressing the soft skin around my wrist, his glance fully locked on me.

 

“Mind to share your worries? I’m quite a Dr. Phil if I have to say it myself.” I stated. He shook his head, laughing at my poor attempt of being funny.

I could see how uncomfortable he was by my question but I didn’t budge that easily. I was determined to know what was bothering him and if that meant I had to throw my impatience away, then so be it.

 

“I don’t think I got what it takes.” He let go of my wrist, fidgeting his fingers together.

I tilted my head to the side, not taking my eyes from him. “To what?” My tone was soft and forthcoming.

 

He gulped, obviously insecure about the conversation. He was silent for a couple of minutes until he sighed, finally giving in when he discovered I was still here waiting for his response.

 

“I want to be that Jimin standing on a big stage, standing in front of a cheering crowd screaming my name, in front of hundreds of glinting spotlights waiting patiently for my performance. I want to show them all who I am.“ He said dreamingly but sighed once again as he was recalling something.

 

“Unfortunately, I’ll never be that guy. The standards for living that dream are too high, I don’t stand a chance.” The light in his eyes were gone and so was my mood.

 

He forced a laugh.

“Look at me Neul.” He turned his head, my gaze meeting his.

 

“I don’t have what it takes. Even if I lose weight it won’t be enough. I’ll still be the ugly guy with a stupid dream.”

He was barely finished with his degrading words when I wrapped my arms around him much to his surprise.

If he knew how much he was wrong.

“Stop. You are pretty stupid if you don’t believe in yourself. You have the whole package.” I pulled away and stared him straight into the eyes.

 

“You’re perfectly handsome. You are caring, funny, honest, smart and passionate. Sometimes an but it’s tolerable.” I teased before continuing.

 

“You possess every quality there is in order to be who you exactly wanna be. A star. To me you’re already that person and if you don’t realize it soon enough I’ll slap you so hard you can’t ignore it.” Smile. God yes, he was smiling.

 

“And don’t you dare lose weight!” I warned, pointing my finger at him in a threatening manner.

“Nobody wants to be entertained by a stick in the air.”

 

“Please. Don’t push yourself too hard it’ll only lead to disaster. You are perfect just the way you are.” his arm with my knuckles I awaited his response but it never came. Instead he had me wrapped up in in his embrace before I could react.

He was murmuring incoherent words I didn’t catch but there was two words I heard loud and clear.

 

“Thank you.”

 

Before I could fully comprehend the scenario happening in front of me, he pulled away from the hug and got up from the floor, dragging my stiffened corpse with him.

The gloomy atmosphere in the room slowly starting to disappear.

 

“Let’s work on that routine again, doll.” I felt his warm palm the back of my neck  and down my back before fully vanishing. I chose to ignore the gesture. Perhaps, it was just Jimin being a little touchy. It probably didn’t mean anything.

 

We were just two people, randomly practicing a routine together. Nothing more, nothing less.

 

~~

 

“The dance studio has a mini fridge but no functional ventilation?” He growled, tired by the long and hard practice as drops of sweat claimed his face, his arms, everywhere. This was his reaction when I told him the bad news. No air condition no nothing.

 

“You’ve gotta be kidding me.” Fiddling with the hem of his damp wife beater he lifted it up, wiping the sweat of his forehead with the moist piece of fabric. Wrong move. I frozened, my eyes shamelessly glued to the defined set of muscles. I’ve always liked buns I’m not gonna lie.

 

Unfortunately, the sight was gone before I could fully enjoy the granted view. If I was lucky, Jimin was hopefully too engrossed with his anger to notice my oogling stare.

 

“If I die of heat , promise me you’ll sue the ers and get away with one hell of a compensation.”  It sounded like a warning. Looked like one too when he quirked an eyebrow.

 

Two seconds. That was how long I lasted before I burst. Breaking down in an unstoppable cackling. It didn’t make him less mad. For a moment I was really afraid he would jump at me like Hulk.

 

“What’s so funny?” He asked suspiciously, not liking the turn of direction.

 

“N-nothing.” I was still battling the tears and laughter. Even his face was priceless.

 

The curious look on his face soon changed into that boyish grin that always meant trouble.

 

“The eyeing minutes ago didn’t look like nothing to me.” That er had the nerves to bite his lip in that overwhelming cheeky way I nearly exploded.

 

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter