Little apples

Little Apples ( Sequel to Sorry, I can't be with you)
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

7 years later...

“Abel! Come down honey, your uncle is already here!”

“Yes, mama!”

Eddie hold my arm and guide me towards the sofa in the living room. “Slowly Minami. One step a time.”

“I know. I know. Don’t worry, okay.”

“Hyunki... oppa.” I call.

“Minami” I heard his voice and he pull me into his arms. “Don’t call me oppa. I should be the one calling you noona (elder sister)”

“You know it is awkward for me. For us.”

“Minami, sit first. You must be tired.”

“Is Shizuka with you?” I ask. Then, someone cup my hands.

“Minami.. I’m here.” She sling her arms around me as I almost shed tears now. It feels home when Hyunki is with me. Our own nostalgic times. He is now the new chief of executive of SH Enterprise and the partner, Shofura Group. Not just that, with Eddie at my side; who is always with me through my ups and downs.

“Uncle Hyunki!” Abel’s voice crack the silence in the room.

“Hey, little boy! How are you doing? Did you take care of mommy and be a good boy?”

... And our little apple, Michael Abel Hwang. The fruit of our love.

“Em! Of course! How is uncle and aunt Shizuka doing?”

“We are good, Abel. Here, aunty has bought you a present! Do you want to open it now?” Said Shizuka.

“Can I mama?”

“Sure, honey.”

I heard the sound of papers ripping apart and a squeal from Abel. He must be very happy with the gift given by Shizuka.

“Do you like it Abel?” I ask.

“Yes!”

“What do you say after you receive a gift?”

“Thank you!”

“Good boy, Abel! Come to papa. Let us help mama serve the tea for our guest.”

“Okay!”

“I’ll be right back, hun.”

“Minami, are you pregnant?” Suddenly Shizuka ask.

“Em..” I nod my head. “Is it that obvious?”

“No. I saw you keep on rubbing your stomach and Eddie is so protective over you! I’m so jealous!”

“Hahahah, Hyunki oppa didn’t treat you that romantic? I know that feels”

“Hey hey hey, I’m still here.”

“I know, Hyunki oppa!”

“So, is it a boy or a girl?”

“A girl.”

“Congratulation, sis!”

“Congratulation Minami!”

“Thanks!”

“Actually, we have a good news for Abel.” Said Hyunki

“Oh?”

“He has been asking for a younger sibling so Shizuka... Is due in 4 months or less. But I didn’t know you are pregnant with second child. So, hahahahh”

“Omg, congratulation you two! A girl or a boy?”

“A girl.” Said Hyunki.

“Daddy and mommy is going to get two new grandchildren and both are girls!”

“Did you hear anything from them?” Asked Hyunki again.

“Daddy is doing fine. Happy as always without any worries about work. Mommy is doing fine too but.. you know sometimes if she feels stressful, she will lose her mind. That doesn’t happen always since daddy has his full attention for her. One day, after Shizuka has given birth, we should visit them.”

“Sure.”

“Hyunki-ssi, Shizuka-ssi. Come and join us for tea.”

“Sorry to burden you, Eddie-ssi” said Hyunki and Shizuka repeated the same after him. Abel came to me and held my hand to be my eyes. We took a seat at the table, enjoying the sweets and tea made by Eddie and Abel after lunch.

 

I remember when mommy came to see me in the hospital for the first time after my coma. Her eyes were puffy and daddy were standing next to her; keeping his mouth shut and mommy burst into tears while hugging me. I assume she has already know my circumstances and that time I was too tired to cry and I didn’t make any reaction.

Mommy kept on telling daddy to proceed the operation but it was too late. The doctor said that my eyes couldn’t be fixed and I quickly hold mommy’s arm. I turned to her and tol

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter