Get well soon, Hyunki

Little Apples ( Sequel to Sorry, I can't be with you)
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Later at noon, Maru brought me to the hospital for my rehabilitation and after that, the doctor will do the routine checkups.

“How are you feeling?” The doctor asks.

“Good and.. tired.”

“Of course. You have to stay strong and never skip any rehabs. Minami, I thought you might bring your parents along because I have to discuss something.”

“What is it? Sounds… serious.”

“It is. I will ask my assistants to call your parents now.” Says the doctor and dial his assistant’s number. My eyes roam around and momentarily stop at my new x-ray reading. I bend forward to see the x-ray clearly and it is the ct scan of my brain and some parts are swollen.

“Doctor, just tell me. I will let them… know once I get back.” I said as he stopped talking to the nurse behind me.

“But they need to know immediately if not you will…”

“..die in a short time…” I turn to him and he is not talking anymore. He signaled the nurse to go out first and sigh, leaning his back against his chair.

“I’m sorry to inform you now as I just discovered something and predicted what will come. You will not die. I can be sure that you will not but… you might lose your vision slowly.”

My movement froze as I have my eyes glued at the doctor’s eyes. It is so unexpected that I’m going to be blind. I’m not going to die but I won’t be able to see the world anymore. My future is ruined. I’m going to be a young blind lady for the rest of my life. I’m speechless after what I have listened to the doctor. I was expecting that I’m going to die for what I have seen in my x-ray.

I almost died a few weeks ago but this brain is being positive and it has stopped swollen. I lost the ability to talk fluently at first but then it gets better after I forced myself to join the rehabilitation. And now… the doctor told me that I’m going to lose my vision.

“What makes you think that I’m going to be blind with that big swollen in my brain? Is it related?”

“Yes, it is. It disturbs your optic nerves. The symptom is having a major headache and slowly your views will be blur and it gets back to normal a few seconds later. By any chance, did you experience this before?”

…Why am I so careless? If I knew these were the symptoms I would have treated the swollen brain so that I won’t be blind. “Yes I have. A few times..”

“Minami, why didn’t you come to us as soon as possible? I have told you to come immediately if you even have a slight cough.”

I don’t know how to answer him. I know, I’m so stupid…. Another problem comes in. Daddy hasn’t settle with his issue with Aunty Ha Ae and Hana, and then mommy locked Hyunki oppa (older brother Hyunki) in his room for 2 days and the issue about mommy’s another child and now here I am, going back home to inform the others that I’m going to be blind.

“Is there any ways to treat it?”

“I can reduce the swollen part of your brain and slow down the activities from damaging your optic nerves but there is a percentage that you won’t survive but very small and it might not be treated 100%.”

“Please give me some time to

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter