Paperwork

Little Apples ( Sequel to Sorry, I can't be with you)
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

“How can I help you?” He asks.

I couldn’t answer him. My mouth freeze and I just have my eyes lock at him. Yeonghwan slowly getting himself uncomfortable with my stares and his eyes are darting everywhere.

“Hello?”

“I’m sorry. I just came to see you. Sorry for taking your time.” I said and walks out of the compound.

“Red Ichigo High please” I said to the taxi driver and he drives me to my school. I can’t believe what I have seen a few seconds ago. His face… His face is exactly how I look like. Mommy, why are you hiding everything from us? From Oh Sehun too? What is your reason?

 

As I almost step into the building inf my school, suddenly my phone vibrated in my cardigan’s pocket. I fishes out and to my surprise; it is from Mommy. “Hello?”

“Lee Hyunki. Come back home now. We need to talk.”

“I’m in school”

“I know. Get back home now.”

Mommy hangs up the call. I turn around and find Maru and Takuya not far from the school's gate. Maru’s face is furious and that is the first time I saw his face in that kind of expression. I just hop into the car that Takuya’s holding on and the three of us head back home.

Soon, I meet Mommy in the living hall for two big suitcase next to the sofa. “Are we going somewhere?”

“We are going to New York. Your freaking father is with Minami now!”

My face fell. Takuya lost him on the first day. Mommy then said that Oh Sehun’s flight to NYC was on the same day as Minami’s flight. It was a coincidence they both flying together but with a different plane. Oh, even if Oh Sehun is with Minami now, what is the problem?

The father is with his daughter. Why Mommy has to freak out like an idiot? “And you are trying to tell me, we are going to get Minami because Oh Sehun is there? Ma, you are acting too much. Oh Sehun won’t do anything to us. You are exaggerating.” 

“Of course! Whatever you say. I have been raising you two alone for 16 years and suddenly he just want to in and act as if he is your father. No way. He made the wrong move since he decided to marry that Lee Ha Ae.” Says Mommy and the security team makes their way out of the room.

“He probably has a reason why he decided to marry someone else. You should give him some space to explain.” I said. Mommy’s eyes widened at my answers. I feel disgusted at myself for sounding protective towards my ‘dad’.

“Since when you are on his side? I thought we are always one?”

“I don’t know when but it slipped out from my mouth.” Kid, I think what you have said is true. Your dad must have something in mind that time.

Thinking back Oh Sehun married Ha Ae is really weird. Looking at him how hard he is trying to get me from Mommy explains that he cares for us. Even Oh Sehun didn’t make any move anymore and telling us that he gave up. Means, he doesn’t want to fight with Mommy. He does love Mommy in the first place.

“You are coming with me, Hyunki. We are going to New York now.”

“No. I would like to stay here. I do not want to miss school anymore. Oh by the way, I will start learning how to manage your company. ” I said. Mommy couldn’t say anything because she wants us to stay top. So, this is a good excuse for me to investigate about my brother.

I walk out of the room and lock myself in my bedroom. I take a seat at my study table and lean my head at the headrest; taking a deep breath and shut my eyes. This is so frustrating. It is a total mess up since Mommy decided to come back to Korea. Everything will just be fine without having my mind busy finding who is my real father.

We can still live without a father behind us. We

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter