Six

Double-minded

I suddenly jolted up from my sleep. I felt a slight hint of sweat on my forehead and wiped it away with my hand. I got up and went to the bathroom, taking a shower (including washing my hair), and changed into comfortable clothes. I threw my work clothes in my bag and sat on the bed, slightly pulling the blanket over me. I grabbed my phone and looked at the time. 

"Oh.. It's only 4.30.." I mumbled. I didn't know what else to do for 1,5 hours, so I lay down, again, and decided to watch some videos on my phone. I clicked on random videos for the next hour. Most videos were videos from youtubers and some music videos that I came across, nothing special. Time flew by without me realizing, and next thing I knew, I was leaving my house to go to the  busstop. At the busstop, I met up with Jungkook. He wasn't wearing a coat whatsoever.

"Where is your coat?" I asked, looking him up and down. It's getting hotter and hotter these days, but night is still pretty breezy. A normal day would consist of a cold morning, a warm afternoon and a cold night/evening, which is why I ALWAYS brought a jacket or coat with me. I can't stand the cold that well, although I do prefer winters over summers, but I just carry a jacket/coat with me in case it gets chilly and I don't want to get sick. 

"I left it at home. It's pretty hot," he said, shrugging and putting his hands in the pockets of his jeans.

"No, it's not.. we can go home after work and change into other clothes and you can get your coat," I said. He nodded and smiled. I was hoping that he didn't want to go to the karaoke bar right after work, because our clothes are gross and they smell like food after work. The clothes I was wearing at that moment were clothes I was comfortable in, and I didn't really want to wear this to the karaoke bar..

"What did you do in those four hours we had to spare?" He asked. I looked up at his face, "I took a nap and watched videos on youtube, how about you?"

"Same, and I played some videogames for a little while," he said, "Feeling all rested and freshened up now." I chuckled. Jungkook suddenly pointed at the bus that was about to arrive, so we got up from the bench and walked towards the door of the bus. We greeted the busdriver, as usual, and walked all the way to the back. I was holding onto the straps of Jungkook's bag, again, and accidentally caused him to loose balance. He almost smashed against a pole, but reached his hand out to the pole, so he could hold it before he would actually smash against it. He slightly groaned and regained his posture.

"Sorry..." I mumbled and let go of the straps immediately. 

"It's okay, don't worry about it," he said. He waited for me to sit down first by the window seat, and he sat down after me. 

"You didn't hurt your hand or head or arm or anything, right?" I asked.

He shook his head, "I told you not to worry. Nothing happened to me, I'm still alive." 

"Okay," I replied. He suddenly ruffled my hair and chuckled, "Didn't know you could be that caring."

"Shut up, I'm a nice person when I'm your friend and don't ruffle my hair, you're ruining it.." I said, glaring at him. He needs to stop acting like it's that weird that I'm acting differently. We used to hate each other, how else was I supposed to act? He can go ask Daisy about me. I mentioned way back that I'm the more affectionate type while Daisy is actually the tough type, but our looks somehow got swapped. I'm also partly tough, but only when I hate someone with a passion. I'm very affectionate when I'm actually your friend. And I mean, his personality is also totally different from when we used to hate each other. You don't see me continuously reminding him of that fact.. "Also, stop saying that I'm different from how I used to be or that I suddenly became caring or whatever. I've always been like this, just not with people I don't like. Don't you understand? Did you expect me to act nice and caring while we hated each other? Kinda dumb to think that.."

He was obviously taken aback at what I said. He froze for a moment, but soon regained his 'tough' posture. "Whatever," he said and looked away. Back at where we started, aren't we?

The rest of the busride was super quiet. None of us said anything and it made everything ten times worse that I could see him texting a girl from the corner of my eye. I wasn't jealous, but just the fact that he was actually ranting to her instead of talking to me about this. I was just being straight up honest with him, but guess this fool is too delusional to live in reality. 

We also exited the bus without saying anything to each other. We didn't even walk next to each other, there was literally a 2 meter gap between us. I ignored the gap and just kept walking. I saw him taking the stairs up to the restaurant, so I took the elevator. I honestly always take the elevator, but there are exceptions when I'm with him and he forces me to take the stairs, because it's "healthy". 

I greeted my boss and all the other people that were standing near the entrance. I looked around and the restaurant luckily wasn't filled with people. I went into the room for employees, took my coat off, grabbed an apron and went to the bathroom to do my hair and go to the toilet before work. Oh, and change into work clothes. I did it as quickly as possible, because it was almost 6 o'clock. I walked out of the bathroom, just 2 minutes before 6. I put my bag in a locker and went to the kitchen. I looked at who were working today and saw Mike standing near the sink, washing plates and all that stuff. I completely forgot about what happened last time, so I walked up to him from behind and gave him a hug.

"Mikey! Long time no see!" I said. 

"Hey babes," he said, "How's everything going?" 

"It's okay, not that great. Kinda had a fight with Jungkook in the bus and we're not really talking now.." I said. 

"What happened?" 

"Fool can't handle the truth," I said, shrugging. 

"Don't tell me you were being too honest to him? You know things go wrong when you're too honest. I'm not telling you to lie or anything, but you don't have to express your anger in a mean way, you know.." 

"I know, I know, I'll try to do something about it," I said.

"Make it up with him by the end of this night, okay? Just say a simple 'sorry', he'll understand," Mike said.

"He's the one that was ranting to another girl about me, while I didn't talk about him to anyone until now.." I said.

"Just solve it yourself. You're too complicated and I'm sure he'll say sorry back," Mike said. I nodded and sighed, "Okay, okay, I'm going to get back to work now, good luck," I said. He flashed me a smile and two thumbs up. 

The rest of the night almost seemed to fly by, which I was actually really happy about. Only half of the restaurant was filled with people tonight, so there were no problems whatsoever. Nearing the end of the night, I was told to polish plates, so I headed for the kitchen where all the plates were. I grabbed a cart and filled it up with plates. I left it there for a moment and went to look for Ethan. However, I was held back just before exiting the path to the actual restaurant. Mike was standing in front of me.. I was leaning against a table and he had his hands on the edges of the table, next to my hips. 

"Uhm, what are you doing?"

"You totally ignored me last time I confessed," he said.

"Oh right.. that.." I said, "Okay, listen. We've been friends for a really long time now and I understand that feelings can develop on one side when two people of the opposite gender are best friends, but.." 

"What?"

"Nothing, I was joking and just playing around. I also like you," I blurted. I was not sure why I said it, because I didn't even know my true feelings. Maybe it was what I really felt, but couldn't accept...

"What the hell? Why were you ignoring me then? You're such a girl," he said, chuckling afterwards.

"Oh, maybe because I am a girl?"

He laughed, "Yeah, okay whatever," he said. He leaned forward and our lips came closer and closer until they touched. At first, I was suprised, but after a while, I circled my arms around his neck and smiled in the kiss. 

"No kissing during working hours."

Mike and I both stopped kissing and turned our heads to where the voice was coming from. "Ethan.." Mike said.

"Oh.. sorry.. we won't do it again.." I softly said. 

"It's okay, don't do it again and get back to work," Ethan said. Mike and I nodded and let go of each other. Ethan walked away with a smile on his face and shook his head, "These two.."

"Okay, guess I'll have to get back to work then..." I said. I quickly gave him one last peck and walked away. I went back to the kitchen and pushed the cart to the area of the restaurant where there were no customers. I took my apron off and sat down. 

"," I mumbled. I got up and went to the kitchen to grab something to polish the plates with. I walked passed Mike and quickly grabbed one. I turned back around and Mike suddenly winked at me. I pulled a disgusted face at him and laughed afterwards. I went back to where all the plates were and started polishing everything. I remembered the kiss that happened earlier. I can't believe I got carried away like that.. Do I even like Mike? What the hell...

I hit my head a few times, probably looking like a freak to others. I do kinda like him.. but.. I'm not really sure.. And I don't really want to ruin our friendship that took a few years to get to this.

"You okay, Aria?"

"Huh?" I looked up and saw Ethan, "Oh, yeah. I'm okay, I think."

"You think?"

"Yeah."

"Is it about the kiss with Mike earlier?" I nodded and sighed.

"Want to tell me about it?" He asked. Ethan has always been like a big brother to me, and he has always given me the best advice, so I didn't feel uncomfortable telling him this. 

"Yeah, uhm. I'm not sure if I actually like him.. I don't want our friendship to go down the drain.." I was still polishing all the plates while talking.

"Be honest. Do you like him, yes or no? And don't add any 'I think' or 'I guess'," he said.

"Okay, I do like him, but-"

"No buts. Just go for it if you like him, don't think too far ahead. If this relationship thing doesn't work out, you can still stay friends. I'm not sure if you'll go back to how you used to be, but it's worth a shot. You can't have a genuine friendship if one of you likes the other. Live a little, Aria." I thought about everything he said. It was actually really helpful. I stayed silent for a few minutes and Ethan just sat there, helping me polish. Neither of us were bothered by the silence.

"Thanks Ethan. Thank you for always giving me great advice, can you be my real brother?" I joked.

"Anytime Aria," he laughed, "You can come to me whenever you want to and you know where I live, so as long as the thought is there, I can be your brother," he said. I nodded and gave him a hug. 

"Thanks, you're the best!"

"No problem, little one. Just get back to work, we'll grab a coffee another time," he said. I nodded and smiled at him. He walked away and also went back to work, leaving me with a pile of plates to polish. I tried to do it as quickly as possible and was relieved when my boss came up to me, telling me to stop. I looked at the time and it was 10.30 PM. I yawned and made my way to the room for employees. I took my apron off and went to the bathroom to brush my hair and change into my other clothes. When I went back to the other room, I accidentally walked in on Jungkook changing, again... I sighed and turned around, walking out. I waited for him to finish outside. After a few minutes, I went back in and grabbed my coat and went to the tables in front of the bar. I set my stuff down and grabbed some sushi on a  plate. I put it on the table and went back for a cup of tea. After filling my cup with hot water and putting a teabag in it, I went back to the tables across from the bar and took my phone out. Some people were still working, while others were sitting by a table two tables away from me. I didn't feel like joining them, so I didn't.

I got surprised when someone hugged me. I turned my head to the person and saw that it was Mike..

"Oh, hey Mike," I said, giving him a small smile. 

"What's bothering you?" He asked.

"Nothing...."

"Hey, tell me. Is it the kiss earlier? I'm sorry if you didn't want to.. We can act like it didn't happen," he said.

I shook my head and put my hands on his shoulders, "It's nothing like that, calm down, geez," I chuckled, "I am not bothered by the kiss, just a bit scared that our friendship might be ruined because of this. And if you were wondering, I do like you."

A smile formed on his face, "You do?" He hugged me and gave me a peck on my cheek. 

"You're so embarrassing," I laughed. 

"I know," he said, "Oh, and can I come over?" 

"Why?"

"Because I want to hang out with you," Mike said.

I chuckled, "Sure, just let me finish the food and my tea." He nodded and took a seat next to me. He suddenly opened his mouth, probably waiting for me to feed him, but nuh-uh little boy.

"What?"

"I also want food," he said.

"You have hands, go feed yourself," I said. 

"I can't believe you're still the same Aria, even after what happened."

"Well, I can't believe you still can't accept that I ain't gonna feed you," I said, laughing.

"Woohh!!"

"Two little lovebirds!"

"I support ya!"

Mike and I turned around and saw the people at the other table whistling and winking at us. "Stop! You guys are more embarrassing than Mike.."

"Whatever, we won't ever stop teasing, so get used to it~" One of my female co-workers said. 

"Shut up, I also have something to tease you about!" I said, remembering the time I caught her and another co-worker going a bit further than just making out. 

"No shut up! Don't you dare! I'm older than you!"

"I know, I was joking~" I said. She looked relieved and smiled, showing me two thumbs up. I laughed and shook my head, whilst reaching for my cup of tea. I took multiple sips, since it was not that hot anymore. I quickly finished it, as well as my food, and got up. I put my coat on and slung my bag on my back. 

"Let's go, Mikey," I said. He was already wearing his coat and he had his bag on his back, so we were ready to go. We went to the other table first and said our bye's.

"Bye friends~ don't stay here too long!" I said, smiling at them.

"Hey! We're all older than you!" Some of them said in unison. I laughed and shrugged. Mike and I walked off the stairs and made our way out. I was still holding onto his arm when we were walking to the busstop.

"You do know that we have 10 minutes left, right?" Mike said.

"Oh really? Want to get a smoothie? I'll pay," I said. He nodded and dragged me to a nearby cafe. 

"A strawberry-banana smoothie for me and... a banana-kiwi smoothie for him," I said. 

"That will be 4,50 then." I handed him the money and waited for my change.

"Here you go. It will only take a minute or so," he said. I nodded and smiled. Mike and I sat down on the nearby chairs and waited. 

"So.. how long ha-"

"We'll talk about it when we're at home. Let's act like nothing happened earlier, just for a while," I said. He slowly nodded and sighed.

Mike's POV

Aria and I were sitting, waiting for our smoothies to be ready. 

"So.. how long ha-"

"We'll talk about it when we're at home. Let's act like nothing happened earlier, just for a while," she said. I nodded and sighed. Weird how she keeps avoiding this... I asked about it earlier and she also avoided the question by saying we were going to talk about it later. 

I wasn't that bothered by it, though. She can do whatever she wants to and I'm not even that interested in hearing whatever she has to say lmao. 

Aria's POV

"The smoothies."

"Oh! Thank you," she said, smiling. She took both of the cups and handed one to me. We exited the place and walked towards the busstop, since we had 3 minutes left. I was casually holding onto Mike's arm. Kinda weird that he wasn't saying much at all.

"What do you want to do when we get home?" I asked.

"I don't know.. maybe watch a movie?" He suggested.

"Sure, your turn to pick one," I said.

"What?" He whined, "But I don't know any movies.."

"I always pick movies.."

"Okay okay, I was joking. I'm sorry I'm sorry," he said, giving me a peck on the cheek. I was starting to blush, so I was hoping that he wouldn't notice by the lights at the busstop.....

"I can see you're blushing, but I know you're trying to hide it, so I won't say anything," he said.

"Then why did you say that!? ..." I said, looking away. He laughed and shook his head. Just then, the bus came, so we got in. As usual, I went to the back and took a seat there. After 20 minutes, we arrived in front of my house. Mike and I got out and thanked the driver. Just when we were about to enter my house, I saw Jungkook walking to his frontdoor. He glanced at Mike and I and looked away afterwards. He seemed... cold... I shrugged it off and entered the house, followed by Mike. We took our shoes off and ran upstairs. The first thing I did after throwing my coat on the floor, was plunging down on my bed. I wrapped myself in my blankets and shivered. 

"How can you be cold, Aria? It's like almost summer..."

"I don't care, I'm cold," I said, turning my back to him. I could hear the other side of the bed plunge in. Mike lay down next to me and hugged me. 

"Want me to get another blanket?" He asked. I nodded and pulled the blanket completely over my head. After a while, Mike came back with another blanket. He put it over me and walked over to my laptop to look for a movie. Meanwhile, I was slowly falling asleep. 

*****

A couple of weeks have passed now. The night Mike came over didn't end as we thought it would. I realized I was sick, so for the next week or so, I couldn't go to work. I didn't even go to school several days. But that night, we did watch a movie; we cuddled (maybe kissed..) and slept. Mike had made me his official girlfriend after that day. It was a new feeling for me and it felt very refreshing. We were just a typical couple, but I occasionally and I didn't really act different from how I acted first. The only difference was the kissing part. Oh, and Jungkook and I are still not talking...

"Aria? Are you paying attention?"

"Huh? Sorry.." I looked back at Daisy and focused on our conversation.

"Are you sure about Mike? I somehow find him a bit suspicious..." Daisy said. Daisy has had these doubts ever since I told her about it. I don't know why she felt that way, but she just did. She hasn't even met him, but okay. I won't get mad at her for that, because I basically can't. She's my best friend (almost sister) and she just wants to protect me, which I completely understand. When she was dating a guy that was four years older than her AND a drop-out, I had my doubts. I had never met him, but her telling me about him was enough for me. Guess it's kinda the same with me and Mike for her.

"Yes yes, I am sure about him Daisy. We've been friends for a really long time and he would never do something to hurt me, unless it would be a mutual breakup, which would hurt me, but that's a different story," I said.

"Okay, if you say so," she said, almost forcing a piece of chocolate in my mouth. The teacher yelled for everyone's attention, so we immediately shut up. 

During lunch, Daisy had to leave for a doctor's appointment, so I was alone again. I went to the cafeteria to buy some food, because I forgot my lunch at home. While standing in line, I heard people in front of me talk. I wasn't purposely eavesdropping, but it just happened.

"You guys know the guy I met at the cinema on Wednesday after watching Taken 3, right? Mike?" Her girlfriends, who stood next to her, nodded. "Well, he has asked me on a second date!" All the girls were now squealing and smiling like crazy. It can't be the same Mike I'm dating, right? He did go to the cinema on Wednesday, but there are a lot of Mikes..

"I can't wait, oh my god!! He is tall, has super smooth and nice skin and he's such a funny guy!" She squealed again and took her phone out, "I have a picture of us together! Want to see it?" All her girlfriends nodded and she quickly looked through her phone for the picture. When she showed the picture to her friends, I caught a glimpse of it. My eyes almost bulged out and instead of tears, anger started to built inside me. Although I was angry, I patiently waited in line for my turn. When it was finally my turn, I asked for a croissant and a bottle of water. She handed it to me, I paid and left. I went to my favorite spot whenever Daisy wasn't at school. As usual, no one was on the roof. I was also lucky enough that the sky was blue and clear. I took a seat on the table and took an angry bite of my croissant. 

"I can't believe this.." I angrily mumbled. Why does this have to happen to me? Why is that such an ? I'm definitely going to ask for an explanation, but it's not going to calm me down, besides it will only anger me more. I should've listened to Daisy.. 

***

School was finally over and I could go home. On my way home, I sent Mike a text.

Aria: We need to talk. 4PM at my house.

I threw my phone on my bed and went downstairs to get food. I brought it back upstairs, and was relieved when I found out that my parents weren't home. They would see the anger on my face immediately and ask me all sorts of questions. I sat straight up on my bed and ate my food. I accidentally looked out of the window and saw Jungkook looking at me weirdly. I got up and closed my curtains. 

It was a little after 4PM and I heard my doorbell. I went downstairs and opened the door. Instead of greeting him, I went back upstairs, expecting him to follow and he luckily did.  

"Can't you slow down? What's wrong?" I ignored it and kept my anger in. I waited until we were both upstairs and he was sitting on my bed. I wasn't sitting, though, I was pacing back and forth. 

"What's wrong? Do you really have to ask me that? Why Mike? After many years of friendship and after a few weeks of dating, you ing do this to me? Are you sure you're not playing with me? If you are, I should've believed Daisy when she doubted you. Please explain whatever there is to explain. Don't lie to me, you probably know what I'm talking about."

"Ho ho, what are you talking about?"

"Are you ing cheating on me?" I calmly asked. He went silent for a moment and it looked like he froze. 

"Okay, listen Aria. Don't be mad," he said. He got up from the bed and was about to hold my hand.

"Don't touch me," I said, slapping his hand away, "Just ing tell me what you did. Don't waste my time, I have other things to do.."

"Okay okay, I am cheating on you and I'm sorry. I'll break it off immediately, I'm so so sorry Aria.. Please.."

"No no no, you know what? Don't break it off. Just stay with her. I'll break up with you so you two can have a happily ever after," I said, "Now leave."

"Aria.. I'm really sorry.. I don't want to ruin our friendship.."

"You already ruined it the moment you kissed that other girl," I said, "Now please leave before I start yelling at you." I was surprisingly calm the whole time. My blood was boiling from the inside, though.

Mike got up and slowly walked to the door of my room, "I'm really sorry, Aria.."

"Okay, now please leave." He walked out of my room, glancing back once and running downstairs afterwards. I heard the door downstairs shut, so I shut the door of my own room and jumped in bed. I put the blanket all over me and started sobbing. I can't believe I held that anger in. I can't believe he ruined everything; our relationship and our friendship. We took years to built that friendship, but he just knocked it down in one go, probably not even caring. I can't believe this ...

For the rest of the day, I lay in bed, sobbing. I wasn't even sobbing because he cheated on me, I was sobbing because he ruined our friendship. I don't get close to people that easily and he just crushed my trust in him. It felt like he ripped my heart and trust out and crushed it with his feet. 

I got out of the blankets, because I was feeling hot. I looked at the time and it was almost 9PM by now. I have been laying here for about 4 hours.... 

I was getting out of bed, when I heard a knock. It didn't come from downstairs and neither did it come from my door. I could hear that it was from a window, but not sure which one... Just then, I realized Jungkook's room. His window and my window are like one or two meters apart. I carefully got up out of bed and peeked through a hole in my curtain. I saw Jungkook's face full of worry. He was desperately knocking on his own window. I wiped my tears and glanced in the mirror for any redness or puffiness, and of course, my whole face was red and my eyes were puffy. This would take a day or so to turn back to normal... I decided to still open my window and ask him what he wanted. 

"W-what?"

"Oh my god, Aria.. Why are you crying? Stay there, I'm coming over." And gone he was. I heard his front door close and I heard a knock on my door soon after. I sighed and got up from my sitting position on the floor. I slowly walked downstairs and heard more knocks on the door. This guy...

When I opened the door, Jungkook stepped in right away and held my face. "Are you okay? Why are you crying? Did anyone hurt you?"

"I-it's n-nothing..." 

"Don't lie to me Jung Aria. Let's go upstairs," he said, pulling me upstairs by my wrist. Luckily, he was holding it very gently. "Okay, now, tell me what happened," he said when we sat down on my bed, "And why is your pillow black and wet?"

"You should stop being so persistent, damn," I said. He chuckled and waited for me to say something about what happened. "Okay well.. basically.. Mike and I broke up.." I sighed.

"What? Why?"

"He uh.. he c-cheated.."

"Are you ing kidding me? Where's that kid? How does he have to balls to hurt you and ruin years of friendship?"

"I know.. such a ," I mumbled. 

"Hey, have you eaten anything?" 

"Uhm, yeah.." I said, lying to him unconsciously. 

"I can hear your stomach grumbling, so don't lie to me. Let's go to my house, eat dinner, maybe watch a movie and maybe go to the karaoke bar we promised to go to a few weeks back," he said. I smiled and nodded. I got up and again, was dragged with him. I had my koala slippers on, so it was quite uncomfortable to walk over concrete with them.

We entered his house and he closed the door behind him, "My parents aren't home, but I made pizza earlier. It's probably done now," he said, "Sit down, the food will come to you." I laughed and sat down, looking at him. He walked to the kitchen and looked for the oven mittens. He soon found them in a cupboard. He went to the oven, turned to heat off and put the mittens on. After making sure that he wasn't going to burn his hand, he got the pizza out. Although it was funnily shaped, it did look quite appetizing. He put it on the dining table and went back to the kitchen to get a pizza slicer and two plates. 

"Were you trying to make a circle?" I laughed.

"Yeah, it.. doesn't really look like a circle, does it?" I shook my head and laughed. "It doesn't, but it still looks delicious."

"Glad you're laughing," he said, ruffling my hair. I smiled at him and took a slice of pizza. He did the same and bit into it, almost burning his lower lip. "Idiot.." I mumbled. I also took a careful bite, almost burning my tongue. 

"It's good! Are you sure you made this?" I asked.

"Are you underestimating me? My mother calls me a great cook," he said. 

"Okay okay, I'm sorry. I guess you really are a great cook. Can I come over more often?" I joked, not really meaning the last part.

"Of course you can~ come over whenever you want," he said.

"I can?" I asked, surprised. He nodded and smiled. I burst out laughing, because he had something between his teeth. "You have something on your teeth," I laughed. He tried really hard to get the piece out, but failed. I grabbed his fork and helped him out, eventually getting the piece out and putting it on his plate, "You're disgusting," I joked. 

"Thanks, I appreciate it," he said while embarrassingly laughing. I could see a slight shade of red on his face, but ignored it. We ate some more pizza and surprisingly were able to eat the whole thing under 20 minutes. Whilst eating, we also talked about our 'fight' before we didn't talk to each other. It was just a stupid misunderstanding/interpretation. We came to the conclusion that we're both s.

"I'm so full!" I said, "Thanks~"

"No problem. I'll make some tea so we can bring it upstairs." I nodded and helped him a bit. We brought the tea upstairs and placed them on each of the nightstands next to his bed. He went on his laptop to look for a movie and soon found one. It was The Equalizer. We picked it because it looked interesting, and apparently, it was filled with action, which is always good. I lay down on his bed and pulled the blankets up. 

"Feeling at home already, huh?" He teased.

"Shut up," I said. He laughed and lay down next to me. He asked me to tilt my head up and placed a long pillow-like thing under my head and his head. He pressed play and we both waited for the movie to start. When it started, I shifted my position, so I could see the screen a little better. During the movie, we both unknowingly came closer. 

**

The movie was okay, but there was no particular storyline to it. It was just a bunch of action without a motive, which was disappointing. I was about to get up when I noticed how close Jungkook and I had been for the whole movie. It didn't feel awkward, though..

"That was a weird movie.." He chuckled. I nodded and finished my tea, which was cold by now. Jungkook did the same and pulled a disgusted face. 

"Want to go to the karaoke bar now?" Jungkook asked after finishing his tea.

"Yess! Do they have alcohol? I need me some," I said.

"No, you're not going to drink alcohol," he said.

"You're not my mum, shut up," I said, sticking my tongue out at him. He laughed and shook his head, heading for his bathroom with some clothes under his arm. "You should go back to your house to change into something else too!" He yelled from the bathroom. I nodded and got up. I went back to my own house and ran upstairs. I stood in front of my closet and looked for something to wear. Would it be weird if I just wore black jeans and a black shirt? Just when I was about to grab black jeans and a black shirt, Jungkook yelled from his window, "You're not gonna wear black jeans and a black shirt! Wear something cute or dressy!"

I groaned and sat down in front of my closet. I looked for any dresses and only found one. It was a bodycon that came midthigh. It was black and parts of the sides was see through with lace. I put it on and looked in the mirror. Isn't this too.. dressy? Why do I have to wear something like this when we're going to a karaoke bar.....

I sighed and decided to wear it. I put on my platform heels and threw on a coat. I went downstairs, looked for a gum and went back to Jungkook's house. "Jungkook? I think this is a bit.. too much?" 

He came running down in black jeans and a white button-up. His hair was swept up, which showed his forehead.

"You look great! It's not too much at all!"

"Hmm, okay.. nice forehead, by the way!" I laughed.

"Should I wear it down then?" He asked.

"No no! I actually like it, don't take everything I say so sarcastic," I said, patting his forehead. He laughed and went to his living room to look for a gum as well. He found a pack and threw a gum in his mouth. "Okay, ready to go?" He asked. I nodded and smiled. He put his hand out and waited for me to hold it.

"You do know we're going to a karaoke bar and not to a fancy restaurant... right?" 

"Yeah, I know. Just take my hand, we're going with that taxi," he said, opening the door and pointing at the car. When did he call the taxi? I shrugged and put my hand in his. We walked towards the car and greeted the driver. He asked us where we wanted to go to, we gave him the address and drove off. 

"Did you already call for a room?" I asked. He nodded, showing me the call. 

"When did you do all this, what the hell? I was with you the whole time..." I said.

"I have my ways," he said, shrugging.