Two

Double-minded

I woke up because I was starting to feel uncomfortable and my head was pounding. When I opened my eyes, I was met with an unfamiliar room, definitely not my room.. I was also still wearing my clothes from last night.

"Thank god, you're finally awake."

I looked to my side and my eyes almost popped out of its sockets. 

"W-what am I doing here?" I asked, "Why am I not at home?"

"You were drunk last night. Both our parents are gone and I don't have your housekeys," he simply answeres, "A thank you would be great."

"Oh.. uh thanks. I'm sorry for being a bother, I'm leaving now," I quickly said and hurried out of his room. 

"There's lunch downstairs if you want to eat."

I stopped in my tracks and turned around, "Lunch?" I was starving and hearing the word 'lunch' only made my stomach grumble.

"Yeah."

I quickly ran downstairs and saw pasta on the table. I almost started drooling, but stopped myself just in time. I hesitated to eat it at first.. What if he put poison in there? Hmm, you're going overboard Aria. It's not like he wants me dead.. right?

I quickly took a seat at the dining table and started eating. After a while, Jungkook came downstairs.

"Please hurry and leave after you're done eating."

"I know, sorry. I'm just really hungry.."

"No surprise, looking at the amount of alcohol you consumed yesterday." I didn't respond and just concentrated on finishing the pasta as soon as possible. After I was done eating, I took my plate to the sink and washed it.

"Thanks again, I'll uh.. buy you a meal or something later," I said and went to the door, grabbing my coat and putting my shoes on. Jungkook was suddenly standing by the doorframe. 

"I'll remind you of that," he said, looking down at my shoes. 

"Hm."

"See you." 

"Bye."

And that's how our exciting conversation went. I walked out of his door and quickly ran into my own house. As soon as I was in, I ran upstairs and changed into shorts and a top. My headache was getting worse, so I grabbed my phone and lay down on my bed. No, not to talk to friends, just to read random fanfics that I found. 

I was laughing and rolling around in my bed when I suddenly heard a "YAH!" I quickly put my phone down and lay down so that I could look out of the window. When I did, I saw Jungkook's face sticking out of his window. 

"My ing room smells because of you," he said.

"Your fault. I didn't ask to be brought to your house," I said, sticking my tongue out at him. 

"So you'd be okay if I let you get home drunk and die?" He raised an eyebrow. I glared at him and went back to my phone. This time, laying under the blankets, because it was getting a bit chilly. 

"By the way, Aria. That guy you have a crush on has a girlfriend." Again, I lay down so that I could see out of the window. 

"What are you talking ab- wait.. repeat that," I said. He chuckled before repeating it one more time. Was that why he suddenly ran off yesterday? And how the hell does Jungkook know about my crush? I'm sure Daisy's the only one that knows..

Although I was quite surprised, I wasn't shocked, because I didn't even like him that much. Just a small crush, and if he has a girlfriend, I'm okay with that. I'll keep my distance and not 'flirt' anymore. 

"I don't have anything at home, so that meal you were talking about earlier, it'd be great if you could do that today," Jungkook said. 

"Sure, whatever."

"I'll be in front of your house at 5," he said. I put a thumbs up and moved away from my window. It's weird, but we haven't been that mean to each other since today and I'm kinda happy about that, because I didn't want my headache to get worse. Kinda that I have to eat dinner with him, though. We're not close and we don't know a lot about each other, so that's gonna be.. awkward..

I decided to take a long nap before the dinner thing with Jungkook. I set my alarm at 4pm and closed the curtains in my room. I turned off the lights, one little lamp on my nightstand and wrapped myself in my blanket. Because of the intense headache, I soon fell asleep. 

After sleeping for a while, I woke up to the sound of my alarm. I checked my phone before getting out of bed and taking a shower. Pretty gross that I didn't take one the moment I got home, but I was lazy and my head was pounding. 

After taking a shower, I went back to my room in a bathrobe and looked for something comfortable to wear. I eventually decided on a red and black t-shirt dress. I put on a very little amount of make up (only eyeliner) and blowdried my hair. After that, I was done and it was only 4.30pm. I went to my window and opened the curtains again. I sat down on my bed and played random games on my phone. 

Half an hour flew by like it was 2 minutes. The doorbell rang, so I quickly ran downstairs with my phone and my wallet. I opened the door and let him in. 

"Sorry, I didn't realize it was 5," I said and put on my shoes. I took a jacket with me, just in case it would get chilly at night. I threw my wallet, my phone, my earphones and my jacket in a bag and waited for Jungkook to also go outside. After he stepped out, I closed the door and locked it. 

"So.. what did you have in mind?" I asked. I didn't really look for any restaurants, because I thought he would do that. 

"We can just eat sushi," he said.

"Hmm, fine. I already had sushi yesterday, but it's okay." 

With that, we made our way to the busstop. We were going to eat at the restaurant I work, which was a 20 minute busride from here. The bus arrived after 10 minutes. We went all the way to the back and I sat near the window. I was kinda dreading the dinner, because I had to put up with everyone he would/could say. 

"I could've just given you money so I didn't have to come.." I mumbled and sighed. 

"Yeah, and you didn't," he said and looked my way.

"I know," I groaned. I took my phone out of my bag and started texting Daisy about what I was doing. She was quite or no, I should say REALLY surprised. Somehow, I managed to fall asleep while wanting to text Daisy back. 

After a while, I woke up and was met with an angry busdriver. "Do you think I have the whole day?! A bus is not a place to sleep!" I was shocked at his volume and was soon pulled out of the bus by someone, before I could say 'sorry' to the busdriver. I didn't mean to fall asleep, but I'm a very deep sleeper.. 

"Gosh," Jungkook said. He rolled his eyes and let go of my arm. 

"Sorry.." I said softly and blinked my eyes a few times to wake up. I felt super guilty for falling asleep like that.. Just then I remembered I was texting before I fell asleep. I started panicking when Jungkook showed me my phone in his hands. I calmed down after that and took it from him. 

"Also very nice to know that you hate me," he said.

"Well, I didn't tell you to read the message and I thought you already knew," I said. 

"Hm." He quickly crossed the street, leaving me there alone. I sighed and ran after him. Can't believe this jerk is acting up like this. I'm sure he knows I hate him and I thought he hated me too? Why was he acting so.. almost sensitive? 

We walked into the sushi restaurant and were led to a table for two. The moment we sat down, my boss came to us and greeted us, "What are you doing here, Aria? And who's this?"

"Obviously for food," I chuckled, "That's Jungkook, my neighbour."

"Hmm, you two want anything to drink?" He asked. 

"A coke, please," Jungkook said.

"Same for me," I said and smiled. He then walked off to get our drinks.

"So.. that's your boss?" He asked. I nodded, "Yeah." 

"He looks young.." 

"I know, he's 26," I said. Our conversation slowly died down, because we didn't know what else to say. I mean, we've hated each other for so long, how are we supposed to talk 'normally'? 

I grabbed the list, on which we had to check the things we wanted to eat. There were a total of 6 rounds, and each person could choose a max of 5 dishes per round. I looked through the menu and checked random things that I wanted to eat. After that, I gave the menu to Jungkook and waited for him to say the numbers of the dishes he wanted.

"18.. 97.. 45.. 39 and 5."

"Yah, why didn't you do it in order.." I glared at him.

"Just to tease you," he said. I kicked his leg under the table and put the list on the side of the table so that the waiters/waitresses could pick it up. At that moment, my boss come to hand us our drinks. He took the list with him and left us alone again. It started to get awkward again, so I quickly talked about yesterday's party.

"So, what did you think of Jamie's party yesterday?" I asked.

"Hmm, nothing special. Made out and chilled in the garden, that's it," he said. I nodded and took a sip of my cola. "What did you do?"

"I drank, danced, hung around in the garden and drank some more.."

"No wonder you were drunk. And I thought you were the responsible one," he said.

"Excuse me, don't talk about being responsible with me. You're the one always getting smashed."

"Yeah, well, I know I'm not responsible, so shut up," he said. And that's how the bickering started again. It's usually about nothing and we're just getting mad at each other for no reason. 

"I don't even understand why I'm here with you.." I said. When the first few dishes came, we stopped talking and ate in silence. I didn't really care which dish was who's, so everytime I ate something, I left half of it for him. "Eat the rest of that," I said. 

"No, you ordered that."

"Eh, I left that for you. Just eat it, god," I said and rolled my eyes. He quietly ate the other half of the plate. I saw him slightly smiling after eating it, and it made me confused. "Why are you smiling," not really saying it as a question, but more as a statement.

"I'm not."

"Yes, you obviously are."

"I don't know what you're talking about," he said, smirking.

"You're so annoying," I said and sighed.

"Same applies to you, miss," he said, still smirking.

"Whatever, you should be happy that I offered to pay," I said.

"Hm."

The rest of the dinner went on like that; us bickering and annoying each other. At the end, we ate desserts. After eating everything, we went to my boss and asked for the bill. 

"I'm giving you two a discount, because you work here," my boss said and smiled. I thanked him and placed my bag on the counter to look for my money. Just when I finally found it, Jungkook took out his wallet and handed my boss the money. 

"Y-yah.." I was holding up the money and didn't really know what to do with it at that point. We thanked my boss and walked out of the restaurant. When we were outside, I gave Jungkook the money, "Sorry for not being able to find my wallet earlier." 

"Keep it."

"But I promised to pay, so here. Just take it," I said and put the money in the pocket of his jacket. He sighed and took the money out, taking my wallet from me and putting the money back in. "No no no, ing take it, or I'm gonna give it to your parents," I said and put the money back in his pocket. 

"Why does everything we do end up with us bickering, so annoying," he said and put the money in his own wallet. I happily grinned and took my jacket out of my bag and put it on. We arrived at the busstop and sat down. 

"Oh my god, didn't expect it to be this chilly," I said and shivered. I stood up and jumped up and down. I shook my legs and walked side to side to warm myself up. It's almost summer and I expected it to be just a bit chilly, but it was very windy and more chilly than I expected. 

"Your fault for putting on a dress," he said and put his jacket around me. 

"No no, just wear this yourself, the bus is almost here." I handed him his jacket back and went back to shivering.

"Just ing accept it," he said and put it back around me. 

"Why are you suddenly being so nice? You've always been an and now, you're suddenly acting like an actual nice person?" 

"Thanks for calling me an ," he said.

"No, I'm serious. You've always been an and a jerk, until today," I said.

He shrugged, "I can be nice if I want to."

"Yeah, I know, but why?" I asked, almost screaming out of glory because the bus arrived. I got in and went to the back to sit near the window. 

"Just felt like it. Stop asking so many questions."

"Okay okay, I'm sorry for being a , I'll try to.. keep that down," I said and held my hand out. He gave me a questioning look. "Just shake it," I said. He eventually did and smiled. "Let's not be so mean to each other anymore, okay? For the sake of ourselves, our parents and the people around us," he said. I nodded and smiled back. Glad we kind of resolved things. I do have to confess that everything wasn't entirely his fault. I think 50% my fault and 50% his fault. And hey, we're neighbours and our rooms are opposite of each other. It'd be nice if we didn't bicker through those windows, but instead, just had normal conversations.

"Glad that's over," he said.

"Likewise."

"I can't believe we've been bickering and hating each other for the past 6 years," he said, "I could've done so much more in those 6 years instead of annoying you."

"That's what I've been thinking for like 6 years," I said and chuckled. We spent the rest of the busride wondering why we were like that. We soon arrived at our designated busstop, so we got off. 

"Want to take a walk before going back?" He asked.

"Sure." We looked around to decide which way to go. I pointed forward and he pointed to the left. 

"Okay, let's just go your way," I said. He didn't resist and put his hands in his coat. He walked next to me, casually looking around and his lips from time to time. I can't believe we haven't bickered for the past 30 minutes.. Such a rare sight.

"Remember this slide? I always pushed you off of it," he said, laughing. We were now walking past a park with a playground. I looked at the slide, but nothing came to mind. I don't remember that...

"ARE YOU KIDDING ME?" I said, "That's so mean.." I mumbled the last part and pouted. 

"Sorry on behalf of younger Jungkook," he chuckled. 

"Forgiven." 

I suddenly remembered I was still wearing his jacket, so I took it off and handed it back to him, "I'm surprised you're not freezing," I said and put my hands in the pockets of my jacket. 

"It's because I'm wearing jeans and a shirt and not a dress," he simply stated. I did have to agree, but I just didn't expect it to be this cold.. "We can go back. I'm sleepy," he said and stopped walking. Our houses weren't that far from here, so we were soon standing in front of our houses. 

"See you on Monday then?" I said.

"Yeah, see you on Monday," he said.

"Bye, sleep well," I said and waved. I ran to my door and opened it as quickly as possible because it was getting colder and colder. I went upstairs and changed into my pajamas. I washed off my eyeliner, brushed my teeth and jumped into bed. Today has been such a lazy day. The only 'productive' thing I've done was going out for food. I spent the rest of it sleeping.. 

"Jung Aria!" I opened my eyes and looked out of the window. 

"Jeon Jungkook," I said, "What's up?"

"Were you planning on sleeping?" He asked. 

"Yeah, kinda, until you disturbed me," I said. 

"Okay, sorry. Go back to sleep then, bye!" He waved at me. I smiled back and closed the curtains so that no light would come in. I jumped back into my bed and soon fell asleep. Guess I was still slightly hungover. 

Sunday flew by, and before I knew it, it was Monday; the day I hated the most. I was getting ready for school happily, because Dad was willing to take me to school. Finally, no packed bus for today. 

During class, I suddenly received a text. I saw that the teacher wasn't looking, so I took my phone out of my pocket and looked at the text. It was a blank text from Jungkook. Just when I wanted to put my phone away, the teacher called out for my name. 

"Jung Aria! Bring your phone to the front right now!" I jumped up and quickly stood up. I quickly walked to the front, handed my phone in and went back to my seat. Damn it, that . 

Daisy wasn't at school today, because she had to go to a funeral, so I was all by myself. I grumpily groaned and took my headphones out of my bag, only to realize that my phone is at the front, on the teacher's desk.. I sighed and decided to be a good student and make my home work. Everyone else was busy talking to each other, but since I didn't have anyone to talk to, I started on my homework. Today started off as a good day for me, but it got freaking ruined by him again. And I thought we were going to be nice to each other.. And that's why I have trust issues.

After a long 85 minutes, the bell finally rang. I packed my stuff in my bag and got up to get my phone from the teacher. I passed Jungkook's table, "Thanks for remembering the promise, scumbag." I received my phone back, left the classroom and went to my locker to get my lunch out of it. I grabbed the lunchbox mom made for me and decided to go to the school's roofrop. Students aren't allowed to go up there, but no one guards it, so I wouldn't get into any trouble. At least I wouldn't have to deal with anyone. 

I opened the door that led to the stairs, which led to the rooftop. I opened the door and entered the rooftop. The sky was blue, no clouds were seen and the sun was shining. I walked towards the only picnic table there and instead of sitting where you're supposed to sit, I sat on the table. I straightened out my unifrom and sat on the table, cross-legged. Luckily, I brought a knitted cardigan with me, so I placed it on my lap. I took the lunchbox out of my bag, along with my phone and my headphones. I turned up some music while eating my lunch. I haven't felt this peaceful and calm in a while. It was really nice. A girl needs some alone time once in a while. 

After finishing my lunch, I put the lunchbox back in my bag and gulped down some water. I had around 20 minutes left and didn't have anything to do, so I took out a notebook that I always bring with me. 

"What do I write today.." I mumbled to myself. I looked at the previous things I've written and decided to write down things I was thankful for. 

"Number one.." I mumbled.

This is how my list ended up like:

1. I'm thankful for my parents. I'm thankful that I have parents that provide me with everything I need. I'm thankful for parents who teach me what's right or wrong.
2. I'm thankful for having a best friend like Daisy. I don't really need anyone else. 
3. I'm thankful for having a job. Some teens struggle with finding a decent job these days, and I'm glad to have a job that pays good and has nice colleagues. 
4. I'm thankful for being able to go to school. I always whine about going to school, but I'd be nowhere without it. 

I decided to stop at number four, because by the time I came up with 4 things, it was almost time. There are many more things I'm thankful for, but I didn't have enough time. I have to admit that I'm often pessimistic, but I can be optimistic when I want to. It's almost the end of the year, and one of my resolutions is 'Being more optimistic about everything'. 

I packed everything in my bag and went to my classroom. I sat all the way in the back. I looked around the classroom, but I was the only one. I decided to wait and stare out of the window. 

"Hey." 

I turned my head to the other side and was met with Jungkook's face only a few inches away from mine. I backed up a bit, because PERSONAL SPACE.

"What?" 

"Where were you during lunch?" He asked. 

I shrugged, "Hiding."

"Where?"

"Not gonna tell you."

"Why not?"

"Because it's the only place where I don't get disturbed by people," I said and sighed. 

"You hate the attention?" He asked.

"Yes. A lot."

"Why?"

"I just hate being the center of attention, okay? Stop asking questions, my head is hurting," I said and went back to staring out of the window. I noticed that he wasn't leaving, but I just decided to ignore it. Soon, the other students starting coming in.

"Aria."

"Hm," I replied. I didn't hear a reply, so I groaned. Whatever. I was just going to mind my own business today and not pay attention to anyone else. I want some peace in my life, just once. Is that too much to ask for? I've never done anything wrong? The only person I was mean to was Jungkook, but we're not really mean to each other anymore. We're okay. I guess. 

The rest of the day went by too slow for my liking. I had work after school, so I hurried out of school. I looked around to see if I could spot my dad's car. He honked, so I quickly ran to his car. I got in and greeted him.

"You have work today, right?" Dad asked. 

I nodded, "Yeah, from 6pm until 10pm. Why?" I asked.

"I'll take you. It's almost 5 now, and you have to change and stuff when you get home, so I don't think you'll be able to catch the bus from 5.30," he said. 

"Really? Thanks dad! You're the best!" I smiled. I took my phone out and decided to text Daisy. I haven't talked to her all day..

Aria: Daisyyyy! How was the funeral? Are you okay? I have to work till 10 today, but I can come to your house for a little bit.

After a while, we arrived in front our house. I quickly ran inside and went to my room. I changed out of my school uniform and put on my work clothes. I put my hair in a ponytail, threw some things out of my bag and threw some things in it. Dad called for me, so I quickly ran downstairs with everything and left the house with dad. 

After a 20 minute drive, we arrived in front of my work. "Thanks dad," I said and gave him a quick kiss on the cheeks. I ran inside and greeted my older colleagues and the chefs. 

"Hey Aria! You have 10 minutes left, what are you rushing for?" My boss called out for me. I turned around and saw him walking towards me. 

"I do? I thought it was 6..."

"No, you have time left. You can grab something to drink," he said. I nodded and walked towards the bar. I noticed my boss still walking behind me. I poured myself a glass of coke. "Do you also want one?" I asked my boss. He nodded and wanted to take the bottle of coke from me. I stepped aside and grabbed another glass, also pouring a glass of coke for him. I handed it to him.

"Thanks," he said and smiled. We went the the tables opposite of the bar and sat down. 

"Oh, I have a question," I said. 

"What is it?" 

"Can I get a pay rise?" I asked, flashing him my sweetest smile.

"Of course, you're one of the best workers here!" He said. 

"Really? Thanks! I'm going to get ready then," I said and got off the chair. 

"Oh, Aria? I'm gonna have to ask you for a favor.." 

"Yeah sure, what is it?" I asked.

"We're having a new colleague and I want you to help him and teach him some things," he said. 

"Oh sure!" I said and walked off. I grabbed an apron that all the employees here are supposed to wear and went to the kitchen. I greeted the chefs once again, grabbed a tray and started putting food on it. I brought them to the designated tables and went back. I did this for the next hour until my boss called for me. 

"The new guy is here. Go greet him. Just show him the wardrobe, the kitchen and the tables. There aren't that many people right now, so it'll be okay for you to introduce him to everyone and everything," he said. I nodded and went to the entrance of the restaurant, where the guy was waiting, He was talking to someone, with his back turned to me, so I didn't know who it was.

"Hello! I'm Aria and I got assigned to help you around today. You're free to ask any que- oh my god. What are you doing here?" I asked.

"I'm working here. The boss asked if I wanted to work here when we went out to eat, so I said yes," he said. 

"Oh.. okay, I assume you don't have the appropiate work clothes with you? We have t-shirts that aren't that pretty, but you'll have to bear with it. You can buy a black blouse whenever you have time," I said, walking towards the wardrobe, "Okay, this is where the employees put their bags and coats and all. T-shirts are over there and you're also obligated to wear an apron. You can change here or in the bathroom, I'll wait outside." I moved out of the wardrobe and stood there. After a few seconds, he came out, wearing the t-shirt and the apron. The apron was done really weird, so I took mine off and did it so he could follow. He failed, though, so I helped him. 

"Turn around," I said and put the apron tightly around his waist. I crossed it at the back and made him turn around again. I tied it in the front and checked if it was tight enough. "You're all done now!" I said and smiled. 

"Thanks," he said. I gave him a small smile and led him to the kitchen and the dishwashers, who were obviously washing the dishes. 

"Hey Aria!" Mike said and gave me a hug, "Who's that?" 

"Oh, this is Jungkook. He's new here and I have to help him around," I smiled, "Mike, this is Jungkook. Jungkook, this is Mike." I let them introduce themselves and what not. Some of the others also introduced themselves. I'm sure Jungkook isn't going to remember their names, but that doesn't really matter. I also didn't remember any names the first few.. weeks.. 

"Okay okay, enough introducing. This is where the food is that you're supposed to put on your tray. There are little papers with every dish, which says the name of the dish and the number of the table you're supposed to take it to," I said, "But the first few days, you have to pick up empty plates." We were now walking towards the tables. I pointed out each table, which he probably wouldn't remember, but it's worth a shot. 

I walked to an empty table and handed him one plate, "This is how heavy one plate is. When someone's finished eating, you're supposed to clear the whole table, so probably 2 to 8 plates each time. The first few days will be a pain in the . Your arm will get sore and your feet are going to hurt, but just remember that that's just the first few days. It's not going to hurt after a while. And you're strong, so I hope it won't be too bad for you. You're also gonna get one muscular arm," I laughed, "Mike has that and it's hilarious." 

"Can I start now?" He asked. 

"Yeah, just follow me. I'll give you a tray and you can start then. Don't walk too fast, you'll only tire yourself out," I said. I handed him a tray and grabbed one myself. 

"Thanks for the help, Aria," he said and patted me on my head.

"If there's anything else you have questions about, feel free to ask anyone. They're all very nice here, so don't worry," I said and smiled. He nodded and I went back to the kitchen.

The whole night went well. There weren't too many people, so that was good for Jungkook. He didn't have to do too much, so he was still alive at the end.

"Aria, my arm is sore.." He whined. He kept on whining. 

"I know, it'll be over in a few days. Let's eat something now," I said and dragged him along by the arm, since he was whining the whole time and not really listening to me. 

"I'll be right back. I'm going to change," I said and grabbed my bag, taking it with me to the bathroom. I brought a big sweater with me, which I put on. I felt like a free bird after putting it on. 

"Ready?" I asked.

"Yeah, let's go," he said, "I'm starving.." 

"Me too," I chuckled. Surprisingly, we both acted as if earlier today never happened. 

"You guys can order off the menu, we have loads of food left," my boss said, "Good job, by the way." He patted me on the shoulder and went to the kitchen to get food for himself. Jungkook and I ordered a few things to share and ended up with uhm.. let's just say it was more than we could eat.

"Mike? Can you help us finish this?" I asked. He chuckled and nodded. He sat down beside me and started eating. "You look cute in that sweater," Mike pointed out and moved on with eating, acting as if he didn't say anything. I replied with a quick thanks and laughed. 

"So, Jungkook, how was your first day? Is your arm sore yet?" He asked.

"Yes, felt like I couldn't move my arm normally earlier.." Jungkook said. Mike and I laughed.

After eating and all, Jungkook and I grabbed our bags and coats. 

"Bye everyone," I said. I gave Mike a hug and went down the stairs with Jungkook. "My dad is picking me up, so you can come with us," I said.

"Thanks," he said.

"It's okay. Tell your mom or dad to give you a massage when you get home," I chuckled. 

"I will. Definitely." We both laughed and got in the car.

"Oh? Jungkook? I didn't know you worked here," my dad said.

"Today was my first day, sir," Jungkook said. 

"How was it? Are you also going to tell your parents to give you a massage?" My dad joked, "Aria asked me to give her a massage every single day up till the third week. It was horrible."

After dropping Jungkook off (not really, but yeah), my dad and I went into our own house. I ran upstairs and changed. When I just finished changing, someone called my name. At first, I thought it was dad, but it turned out to be Jungkook. I looked through the window and saw him waving. 

"Good night, Aria," he said.

"Good night, Jungkook," I said, "Good luck with your soreness!" 

"Thanks, I'll need it. Good night, see you tomorrow!" He said and waited for me to close the window and the curtains. I did so and lay down in bed. I fell asleep almost immediately.