Five

Double-minded

A week has passed since 'that' incident. Jungkook and I have been talking regularly, and whenever our parents weren't home and we were feeling a bit down, we would have conversations through the windows. It was really nice to actually let most of my feelings out whenever I felt like it. I used to live with cropped up feelings. It's the worst, because there's one point where you just break down. If someone asks too much about that topic, all the tears start to well up. I don't have that anymore, because I actually have someone to let my feelings out to. I think it's also been a great help for Jungkook. He's much more comfortable with me and it seems like he got more outgoing. Everytime I come over to his house or he comes over to mine, we would actually have fun, instead of having emotional conversations. We even played Just Dance on the xbox a few times, which was a lot of fun.

Today was another workday and I'm not sure who I'm working with. I didn't have the chance to ask Jungkook about his work schedule, so I just hoped for nice people today. My mood wasn't as bad as last time. I was actually very bright today.

I walked into the restaurant and greeted everyone nicely (compared to last time...). I luckily got nice replies back. My co-workers often ignore my greetings or just don't hear me, but they all greeted me back this time. I went into the bathroom and tied my hair in a ponytail. I put on my working clothes and started working. 

"Hey Aria, looking bright today," Ethan said. I smiled at him, "Yeah, I feel much better," I said. 

"Good, it saddens me to see you sad," he said. He gave me a hug and patted my head. Ethan is like a big brother to me, and not only because he's very tall and big, but also because he's very caring and kind for me. "Tell me if you're not feeling well," he said, before leaving off to work. 

"Ariaaaa~" 

I turned around and looked at where the sound was coming from. It came from the kitchen, so I walked into the kitchen and saw Mike washing plates. 

"Mike!" I hugged him tightly and smiled, "I missed you." 

"I know, you always miss me," he said. I pulled a disgusted face and walked away. He chuckled and continued doing what he was doing. I grabbed a tray and started working. Although I was feeling great, it seemed like I was in a daze. I wasn't really paying attention to what I was doing and didn't really remember whatever I was doing, which is weird.. I went to the bar and grabbed a glass. I filled it with water and chugged it down. Much better. After drinking a glass of water and taking one back with me, I felt a little better.

"What's up, Aria?" Mike asked.

"Just a bit dizzy, that's all. No need to worry about me," I said, "Oh, and you can drink from my glass if you want to." He nodded and smiled.

Towards the end of the night, when customers were slowly leaving, I didn't have anything to do, so I walked around a bit and helped Mike. It was 9pm, so not many people ordered food. I didn't have anything to do for a while, when I was suddenly pulled into the kitchen, where Mike was washing plates earlier. 

"What are you doing?" I asked. He didn't say anything and stepped closer to me. He trapped me between his two arms. 

"Again, what are you doing? Shouldn't you get back to work? There are tons of plates you still have to wash, you know," I said. He chuckled and nodded, but stayed in the same position. "Just tell me what you want, you're being really annoying," I said.

"There something I've been wanting to tell you for a while now.." He said, looking me straight in the eyes.

"Okay."

"I like you Aria. I've liked you for a really long time now," he suddenly said. My eyes widened and I didn't know what to say. I froze and looked him in the eye. He wasn't lying, I know when he lies. When he lies, his eyes go everywhere and he doesn't make eyecontact with people, but he looked me straight in the eye.. He came closer and closer and gave me a kiss on the lips. My eyes widened even more.

"Aria! Customers need you," Ethan suddenly yelled from outside the kitchen. I got surprised and immediately escaped from Mike's 'trap'. I pushed his left arm down and walked away immediatley. I saw Ethan looking at me suspiciously. He probably saw............ .

I quickly walked around to see if any customers actually needed me. Either Ethan was trying to help me or he was telling the truth when he said that there were customers that needed me.

"Miss, can I order some drinks?" A customer asked.

"Yes, of course," I said. I waited for him to give an answer.

"Can I have one coke, one sprite and an orange juice?" I nodded and walked to a screen to type it in. While I was typing it in, my boss approached me.

"You can stop at 10.30 PM," he said. I looked at the time and saw that it was only 9.55PM. Just 35 minutes left, though, but there's nothing to do..

"Why are you standing there? You could always help Mike if there's really nothing to do for you," he said. I slightly nodded and took a deep breath. How do I react when he starts talking to me? Why did he have to make things this awkward between us? Thoughts were flooding my mind.

I decided to not help Mike and just walk around, help people and bring food to their tables. Slowly, it was turning 10.30. I happily took my apron off and went to the room for employees. I grabbed my bag and went to the bathroom. I brushed my hair and put on some lipbalm. After finishing everything, I walked out and went to the tables across the bar. I put my stuff there, walked towards the desserts and picked some things to eat. I brought them back to the table, with a cup of tea. I sat down and started eating.

"I saw what happened Aria~" He said in a teasing manner.

"Shut up," I said. 

"I was joking," he chuckled, "Need a ride home later?"

"No, I'm okay. Thanks, though. Oh! How's everything going between you and your girlfriend?" I asked. He started blushing right away, which was really cute. "I understand. Invite me for your wedding, okay? I'd really appreciate it if you asked me to be your bridesmaid," I said, teasing him back. 

"Shut up, finish those desserts," he said, walking away with a red face. What a cute guy

I sat there, eating all the desserts I brought to this table. I honestly don't understand why I grabbed so many, but I still had to finish it.. I was happy to finish the creme brulee, but some of the others weren't that great. Luckily, I was now eating my last creme brulee and also my last dessert. 

"Hey, I still want an answer, you know."

By his voice, I already knew who it was. "What answer?"

"Hey, don't act like you don't know what I'm talking about!" He said, pouting. He walked over to the chair opposite of mine.

"How many times do I have to tell you that you look ugly when you try to be cute?" I said.

"I am not trying to be cute and I am not ugly," he said, sticking his tongue out. I chuckled and quickly finished my too. I got up and brought the plates to the kitchen and put them in the sink, going to the bar afterwards to put my cup there. I went back to the table where Mike was sitting and put on my coat and slung my bag over one shoulder. 

"Bye! See you tomorrow everyone~" I ran down the stairs and quickly paced towards the busstop. Luckily, my bus just arrived. I went in, greeted the driver and took a seat in the back. All the way home, I was thinking about Mike and his stupid confession. Nah, he was probably just joking around. He can't possibly like me, right? I kept on telling myself that it was a joke and that he didn't mean any of it. I had said it so many times that I was slowly starting to believe it. 

The bus arrived at my busstop, so I got out. I walked home and went into my room immediately. My parents were already sleeping, so I luckily didn't have to talk to them. I haven't spoken to my parents for a while now.. I hope they understand that I don't want anything to do with law school..

"Hey Aria!" 

I almost jumped, but realized it was probably Jungkook. I quickly put my bag on my bed and went towards the window. I opened the curtains a bit wider and saw Jungkook smiling from the other side. 

"Hey Jungkook, how are you?" I said, "Shouldn't you be asleep?"

"I'm doing great! And shouldn't you be asleep?" He replied. I cocked an eyebrow at him.

"I just got back from work.. Anyways, how was your day? OH! I'll be right back, keep that answer in your mind," I said and quickly ran to the bathroom. I grabbed my toothbrush and put some toothpaste on it. After that, I ran back to the window and told him to say what he was planning on saying.

"Okay, well, my day was okay. I watched many movies and took a nap," he said. 

"Lazy," I chuckled, "What movies did you watch?"

"Just a few action movies and a few comedies. How was work?" He asked, now also with a toothbrush in his mouth. 

"Work was okay.. Would you mind if.. I tell you something? It's kinda weird, it happened at work and I'm not sure what to do with it.." I said. I wanted to tell someone, because it was bugging me. 

"Sure, anytime," he answered.

"Uhm.. well.. You know Mike, right?" 

"Yeah, the tall guy at work who's your best friend," he said.

I nodded, "Well.. he kinda confessed today and kissed me, but I didn't give him a reply, because I don't think I like him..." 

"Was the kiss consensual? Or did he initiate it?" 

"He kissed me.." I said. 

"Did you feel anything?"

"No, not really. I just felt really really bad, because I walked away without giving him a proper answer," I said. 

"Just tell him that. He'll understand, and you're only making yourself feel bad by keeping this in, instead of telling him," he said. I nodded understandingly. His advice is actually really good. It has helped me for the past week.

"I will, thanks," I said, giving him a smile. I looked up at the sky and saw the stars sparkling brightly. I forgot Jungkook and I were having a conversation and completely dazed off. Not sure what's going on with me today..

I was brought out of my daze by Jungkook's voice, "What are you thinking about?"

"Hm? Oh.. uhm, nothing. Just dazed off," I said. 

"Want to go out and lay on the grass?" He asked. I frowned at first, but when I really thought about it, it was actually quite a good idea. I've never thought of that before. Or maybe I just thought it was weird to lay outside on my own. 

"Sure!"

"I'll bring some blankets then," he said. I nodded and closed my window. I went down as quietly as possible and met up with Jungkook outside of our house. Just across the street, there was a field. We crossed the street and lay the blankets down. Jungkook actually brought two blankets out, one to lay on and one to actually use as a blanket. 

"Lay down," he said, "I'll put the blanket over us." I nodded and lay down. He straightened the blanket out and put it over me, laying down next to me afterwards. 

"Let's hope there's no poo beneath us," he said. I laughed and put my arms under my head. 

"Do you do this often?" I asked. 

"No, first time. You?" 

"Same," I chuckled, "Kinda weird, doing this. And we have school tomorrow.." 

"Yeah, not that it really matters for you. Your lights are always on around 2am on weekdays.." 

"Yours are too!" I replied. He laughed.

"Aren't the stars beautiful, though?" I asked. "I love the stars. There are an infinite amount of them and we get to see them every single night. Gives me hope that things do last.."

Jungkook nodded, "Yeah, but there are more beautiful things in this world."

"I don't think so, but I respect your opinion," I said. I put my arms on my stomach and sighed, "I should do this more often."

"I'll join you," Jungkook said. I turned my head, "Really? You would? Thanks!" I beamed. I turned my gaze back to the sky. We were lying there in silence, which neither of us felt uncomfortable with. I felt like my mind was at peace and didn't realize I was slowly falling asleep. 

Jungkook's POV

I was enjoying the cool breeze and the beautiful view, until I felt a head next to my shoulder. I slowly looked to my side and saw that Aria had fallen asleep. She was frowning in her sleep and her hands were fists. 

"Aria? Wake up.." I whispered. I lightly shook her to wake her up. She didn't budge, though. I decided to stay there for a little while until going back in. I looked at her sleeping face and a smile formed on my face. I'm glad we're on good terms now, Aria.

After a few minutes, I decided that it was time to go in. I thought for a minute, because I didn't know what to do with Aria. I didn't have her housekeys and I didn't want to wake up her parents.. Why did this girl go out without her keys? I sighed and got up. I lifted her up and quickly walked to my house. I left the door ajar earlier, so that I wouldn't have to bring any keys. I went upstairs and placed her on my bed. Luckily, my parents weren't home. They would definitely question this.. 

I softly placed her on my bed and pulled the blanket over her. I ran downstairs and went outside to get the two blankets. I placed them in the washing machine and left them there. I went back upstairs, brushed my teeth and got ready for bed. I didn't want to sleep in the same bed as Aria, because that would be awkward, so I went into my parents' room and slept in their bed. I set my alarm and hoped that I would wake up before her. 

***

I woke up the next morning, and quickly checked up on Aria. It was 6.30 right now, so I quickly woke Aria up. I wasn't sure how long she would need to get ready, so better be a bit early, right?

"Aria? Wake up, you have to get ready for school," I said, shaking her body. She groaned and turned around, only to freeze at one point. Her eyes fluttered open and she looked at her surroundings, only realizing that this was not her house. 

"What? Why am I here?" 

"You fell asleep yesterday and since I don't have your housekeys.." I answered.

"Oh.. I'm so sorry to be a nuisance.. again.." 

"It's okay. Just go back home, and get ready for school. We can go together," I said. She nodded and gave me a smile. While she went back to her own house, I went to the bathroom to take a shower and brush my teeth. After the shower, I put some deodorant on and some gel in my hair. I quickly changed into my clothes and went downstairs to eat breakfast. Before I started making scrambled eggs, I sent Aria a text.

Jungkook:  Hey Aria! Finished getting ready yet? I was wondering if you wanted to eat breakfast with me. Reply asap, I'm making it right now!!

I set my phone away and started making breakfast, not sure if she'd actually come over to eat with me.. 

Aria's POV

I just finished taking a shower and brushing my teeth, when I received a text from Jungkook. I furrowed my brows and opened the message.

Jungkook:  Hey Aria! Finished getting ready yet? I was wondering if you wanted to eat breakfast with me. Reply asap, I'm making it right now!!
Aria:  Hey! Of course, I'll be over in 10 minutes! Don't wait up for me~

I quickly changed into my clothes and did my make up. I had 5 minutes left when I was done. I blowdried my hair, put my shoes on and went over to Jungkook's house. I didn't have to knock, because the door was left ajar. I carefully stepped in. "Jungkook?" I called out.

"In the kitchen!" He yelled back. I nodded and went to the kitchen. I saw him making scrambled eggs with toast.

"Need any help?"

"No, I'm almost done. You can sit over there," Jungkook said, pointing at a chair.

"Sorry again for troubling you.. I must've been really heavy to carry, huh?" I said. I can't believe I fell asleep yesterday.... 

"Not at all. As light as a feather," he said. I laughed, "Liar." We both laughed and he put two plates on the table. We started eating right away and had small talks about all kinds of things. 

"Hey Jungkook, I have a question."

"Go ahead."

"You can sing, right?" I asked. 

"Uhm, depends, why?" He replied.

"I'd like to hear you sing," I smiled. 

"But you also sing, right?" Jungkook asked.

"Huh? No? What are you talking about.." I said.

"I've heard you multiple times, don't lie to me," he said. 

"Maybe."

"How about this, if I sing, you also have to sing." 

"Hmm... okay then," I said, "You start." I put everything down and gave my full attention to Jungkook. I waited for him to start, but he was probably thinking about which song he was going to sing. After a while, he finally started. I recognized the song, almost immediately. It was Sofa by Crush. Jungkook's voice sounded almost angelic. It was very soothing and clear. I've never heard a voice like this before....

When he was done singing, I loudly clapped. "Woah, that was really good! Way better than hearling it from my room," I said, laughing. 

"Thanks. Your turn now," he said I nodded and thought for a minute. I remembered I really liked Amber's "Just Wanna", so I sang it. I started with my voice quite soft, because my voice isn't that low.

I finished singing and Jungkook was clapping as loud as I was earlier.

"That was great! I didn't know you could sing that well, honestly. I've never really heard you sing, I just took a random guess," he chuckled. I was taken aback, because I sing quite often when I'm at home. How....

", time to go to school," Jungkook said. I looked at the time and saw that it was indeed time to leave. We took the plates to the sink and left them there. Jungkook quickly put his shoes and coat on and slung his bag over his shoulder. I followed him out with my bag also over my shoulder. We quickly paced to the busstop and were lucky enough to be on time. The bus just arrived. We quickly went in and took a seat in the back. 

"Glad we made that in time," Jungkook sighed. I nodded and put my bag on the floor. Jungkook soon did the same.

"Tell me if anyone at school says something bad, okay? I'll kick them for you," he said. 

"No, I'll kick them myself. You don't have to get in trouble for me," I chuckled. 

"I don't mind. We can get in trouble together," he said, winking at me. I pulled a disgusted face.

"Thanks, but don't wink," I said, laughing. 

"Don't tell me what to do," he said, winking again and again. "Disgusting," I mumbled, looking away with a smile on my face. 

"Liar, you like it," he joked. I turned my head and punched him on the chest, "No I don't!" 

"Hey, that actually hurt.." 

"Sorry," I laughed, patting the spot I punched him. 

"Feeling all better now," he said, flashing me a smile. I shook my head and laughed. "We're almost at school," I said, pointing at our school. Jungkook leaned towards my side, since I was sitting near the window, and spotted the school. 

"You're heavy, please don't lean on me," I said, jokingly of course. 

"Says the person that made me carry her all the way up the stairs," he said. 

"I already apologized a million times.. Sorry sorry sorry, I won't ever fall asleep again," I said. 

"It's okay, I was joking. You're not heavy," He said. We got out of the bus and continued our conversation while walking to school.

"I am, but anyways! Where did you sleep? Not in the same bed.. right?" I asked.

He shook his head, "Of course not, I would never. I slept in my parents' room." He ruffled my hair and laughed. We walked into school and it wasn't a surprise that people were staring at us again. I sighed and tugged on Jungkook's sleeve. He turned his head to me and flashed me a small smile, "Don't worry, we'll kick their asses, together. Remember?" I chuckled and nodded. I had work today, so I didn't want to come to work sad.. again. 

Jungkook and I went to my locker first, and his after. "Where's Daisy?" He asked.

"She has a doctor's appointment today, so she'll be here later. Where are your friends?" I asked.

"They're always late," he said.

"Oh right, those people are your friends.." I said. 

"You don't like them?" He asked.

"Yeah, and they don't like me, so we're even," I said.

"How do you know?" 

"They always tease me and call me a , how else would I know? I can't even be a when I'm still a .." I said.

"They don't get enough attention from girls, that's it. Don't pay attention to them, they can be ," he said.

"Yeah, you can also be a ," I said. 

"Hey, you're hurting my feelings," he said, clutching his heart jokingly. 

"Stop it," I laughed. I quickly pulled a few books out of my locker and threw them in my bag. I put my lunch in my locker and we walked to Jungkook's locker. He also grabbed a few books, threw them in his bag and put his lunch in his locker.

"Okay, we have 20 minutes left.." I said.

"Want to walk around the courtyard?" He asked. I nodded and slung my bag over my shoulder. Luckily, it wasn't that cold, so I had no problem with not wearing a coat. Instead of actually walking around, Jungkook and I sat down on a bench. We both stared at nothing, when someone suddenly interrupted us.

"Hey Jungkook~" Jungkook and I turned our heads to where the voice was coming from. I saw a girl with long brown hair, wearing a mini skirt and a crop top. She was twirling her hair around her finger and gave Jungkook a flirtatious look. 

"Oh, uh, hey," he said. 

"I had fun last time," she said.

"Okay."

"When can I come over again?" She asked. I pulled a disgusted face. I was kind of sitting in between them. Jungkook was sitting on my left and the girl was standing on my right. 

Jungkook probably saw my face and chuckled. "There's no next time, goodbye," he said. He gently grabbed my wrist and walked away from the girl. 

"Was that your one night stand?" I asked with a mocking tone. 

"Shut up. She doesn't want it to stay a one night stand, so sorry for pulling you away like that," he said. 

"I understand, it was when you weren't having the best days right? It's okay, I understand. If you want me to kick her, just tell me," I said. He laughed and nodded. Just then, I realized he was still holding my wrist. "Uhm, you can let go of my wrist.." I said. He looked down and let go, "Sorry," he mumbled. 

"It's okay, it didn't hurt."

We decided that it was time to go to our classroom, since we had 10 minutes left till the first bell. Again, stares from people we didn't know. I got annoyed and just wanted to yell at people, but someone's hand blocked my voice. Someone's hand aka Jeon Jungkook's hand. 

"Don't. It will only make matters worse," he said. I annoyingly let out a breath and roughly pulled his hand away. 

"Fine."

We entered the classroom and sat down. He sat down behind me, because Daisy was going to come later on and his friend probably too. I wasn't turned to him, though, because I was still annoyed at what happened earlier. Not annoyed at him, just annoyed at the people that were staring.

"Hey Aria? Are you mad?" Jungkook asked. I didn't reply, because I was zoning out. He tapped me on the shoulder, which made me turn around.

"Hm?"

"You mad?" he asked. 

"Yeah, but not at you," I said, turning back around.

"Why are you turning back around? We still have 5 minutes until the teacher arrives."

"Okay okay."

"Are you really that bothered by those people?" He asked.

"Yes I am. It's just super annoying to have people stare at you when you're clearly not doing anything wrong. I hate judgemental people, I hate them, absolutely despise them," I said, crossing my arms.

"You look kinda cute when you're frustrated," he chuckled.

"Hey! This is not funny, I'm actually really pissed," I said. 

"Sorry," he said, giving me a warm smile. 

"It's okay.. oh my god I am so annoyed with people here," I said, covering my face with both of my hands. I sighed and looked at him. He didn't look as annoyed, though. He had a very soft look on his face. Not sure how to describe it. It was just very calming to look at. 

"You'll be fine. Just ignore it like you usually do," he said, "Daisy sent me an actual email with things that I shouldn't do and things I should do when I hang out with you. Kinda funny, but she also mentioned that you usually don't pay attention to people that give you weird looks or that admire you."

"What? Daisy did that?" I chuckled, "I can't believe she actually sent you an email.. What did it say?"

"Hmm, let me think. That I shouldn't feed you any sweets before lunch, that you always have to have a water bottle on the table, that you like listening to music during lunch.. oh, you don't like sodas during lunch, only water. I can't feed you any coffee, because you'll go crazy afterwards  and you don't like talking to people besides Daisy herself and the list goes on."

"I can't believe you actually remembered the most important ones," I said.

"Yeah, well, I'm a great friend," he said.

I gave him a questioning look, "Since when were we friends?"

"Since I just confirmed that myself," he said.

"Okay, that makes it okay," I laughed. My attention was drawn back to the front of the class, when the teacher tapped on the board. I turned around and got my books out of my bag. The lesson started and I started to feel bored after 2 minutes or so. I started fidgeting with my notebook. I doodles some things in it, completely losing focus on the actualy lesson. 

"Okay, that's it for today! You may have your lunch break now," the teacher said. I was pulled out of my daydream and saw everyone packing their bags. That's weird.. why is Daisy not here?

"Aria, want to eat lunch with me?" Jungkook asked. I turned my head and looked up. "Sure," I said. I quickly packed my bag and got up. We went to his locker first and to mine after. I put my lunchbox in my bag and followed Jungkook. We weren't heading for the cafetaria, but for the courtyard. We went to the bench we sat at earlier.

"There's no one outside, so thought it'd be better," he said. 

"Thanks," I said, not really sure what I was thanking him for. We sat down and took our lunchboxes and drinks out. Mine was just a water bottle, while his drink was a bottle of coke. 

"Hey, an idea just popped up in my head. Want to go to the karaoke bar tonight? It's a Friday, so no school tomorrow," he said. I thought for a moment. I didn't have anything else planned, so why not?

"Sure! Just the two of us?" I asked.

"Unless you want me to take my friends... who you probably don't want to have there," he said, stating the obvious. 

"You're right, just the two of us it is," I said. I opened my lunchbox and started eating. "Have some," I said, pushing something to his mouth. He opened it without knowing what it was. 

"Oh, it's good! Thanks," he said. We continued eating our lunch whilst having small talks. I was happy that we didn't get interrupted by anyone. Everyone was in the cafetaria, only a few people were outside. Mostly the smokers, but they only hang out with the people in their circle. All the so called popular people were inside. They had their own table, which they never left. They didn't want to accept the fact that it could be taken away from them, once they're not there during lunch. Kinda sad, isn't it? Being stuck to a table just because you don't want others to sit there. Bull. 

"Aria.. you're not listening," Jungkook suddenly said.

"Huh? What did you say?" 

"Nevermind," he said.

"No no, tell me! Sorry sorry sorry," I said.

"Okay okay, if you really want me to. I just asked you if you had any plans for the weekend," he said.

"Ohh, not really. I was actually planning on sleeping in and staying in bed for the whole weekend, how about you?" 

"Same for me. That's honestly how I spent every single weekend."

"Liar, you usually go out and party until late with your friends," I said.

"What? How do you know?"

"I'm usually still awake when you get home. You guys are loud as ," I said. 

"Sorry.." He said. 

"It's okay. Next time, let me join," I said. His eyes widened, "You actually want to?" 

"Yeah why not? Sounds fun," I said. 

"Okay, if you say so," he said. We finished our lunchboxes and waited for the bell to rung, but we still had 30 minutes left. I checked my messages to see if Daisy said anything, but unfortunately, she didn't. 

"We can get some coffee across the street," Jungkook said.

"Sure," I said. We got up from the benches and made our way to the school's gate. We walked out and crossed the street. Right in front of our school was a small cafe. Not many people at school go there, because we have coffee at school. I, however, liked this coffee way better than the crappy coffee at school. Coffee at school tasted like cardboard. 

"What do you want?" I asked Jungkook.

"Just coffee," he answered.

I nodded, "Can I have one coffee and one cappucino, please?" I said. The worker nodded and took a step back to make our coffees. He gave it to us pretty quickly. 

"That'll be 3 bucks," he said. I grabbed the money in my pocket and quickly handed it to him. I could hear a faint "Hey...." from Jungkook. I turned my head to him and stuck my tongue out, "Too slow," I said in a mocking tone. He glared at me and looked away. We took the coffees from the worker and thanked him. We didn't want to go back to school just yet, so we took a seat in the cafe. 

"Are we really going to the karaoke bar tonight?" I asked.

He nodded, "Yeah, you don't want to?" 

"No no, I do want to go. I was just confirming," I said. 

"Okay~" He said, "But we have to record some songs, okay? Let's look for a song later on and tell each other before we go there."

"What songs do you like? It has to be a song we both like.." I said. 

"I listen to Zion.T, Crush, Epik High, Beenzino, Primary, Music Soulchild and a few more, but I can't remember them. I don't like the pop songs, though, sounds too manufactured and too practiced," he said.

"Same here. I especially like Zion.T and Beenzino," I said.

"Still can't believe we have so much in common. We should've done this earlier," He said.

"Yeah, but you were too busy being a boy," I joked.

"I was not a boy and I will never be one," he said. I laughed, but suddenly stopped when Jungkook's eyes widened. "What's wrong? What's up with your eyes?" 

"Daisy told me to not feed you any coffee...." 

"Oh right, she's too overprotective. I don't get weird when I drink coffee, it's all in her head," I said.

"Okay.." 

We spent a little more time in the cafe until we had 5 minutes left till the bell. We threw away the cups and thanked the workers. When we exited the cafe, there was the sound of a bell, which goes off everytime a customer enters or exits. We quickly crossed the street and went back inside. People were rushing back to their designated classrooms. Jungkook and I, however, weren't in a rush at all. We were just normally walking towards our classroom, avoiding looks from people. Everytime I did catch one, I gave the person an evil glare and they looked away immediately. Thanks based god for giving me this power.

"You're zoning out, Aria," He said, "Can I sit next to you?" 

"Huh? Oh, yeah sure. I don't think Daisy is coming to school today," I said, slightly pouting at the idea of spending another day at school without my beloved best friend. At least I have Jungkook now. Instead of making my life a living hell, he has been making my life a little better by sticking by my side and with just his presence. 

I was fidgeting with the straps of my bag and humming a song, until the teacher came in. I quickly got my books out and a pencil. I immediately started doodling things in my notebook and wasn't paying attention from the beginning of the class till the end. I tried, but I got distracted really easily. At the end of class, Jungkook tapped me on the shoulder. "You're a little out of it, aren't you?" He chuckled.

"No, I'm fine," I said, still not really paying attention to my surroundings.

"Guess I really shouldn't have given you any coffee.." He mumbled, "I'll send pictures of the notes I took during class." He took a few photos on his phone and sent them to me. 

"You actually copy the notes? You pay attention during class?" I asked full of bewilderment. 

"Kinda had to when you weren't paying attention, right? Just wanted to be the responsible one for once," he chuckled.

"Congratulations Jeon Jungkook, must be a first for you," I joked. 

"Hey, I helped you, you shouldn't be like that," he said. I shrugged and left. I packed my bag and waited for him. School was over, so I waited for him, so we could take the same bus back. 

"Hurry up, Jeon Jungkook, hurry up hurry up," I said, stomping my feet. 

"Calm down, coffee really doesn't do you any good, geez," he said.

"Shut up, let's go," I said. I saw he was done packing his bag, so I dragged him by his pinky.

"It hurts! Jung Aria! Let go of me," he sternly said. I let go of his pinky and dragged him with me by his hand. 

"You're too slow, gosh," I complained. I saw our bus from a distance, so I walked even faster. How is this boy so slow? How does he expect to get to the bus on time when he has that tempo?

"Can you let go of my hand? You're kinda squeezing it...." He said. We were now sitting in the back of the bus. I let go of his hand and saw that it was slightly red. "Sorry.." I said, patting his hand. 

"It's okay, just don't drink any coffee next time." I nodded and looked up at his face. He was blushing...

"You're blushing," I laughed, pointing at his face.

"I'm not! Shut up," he said, "It's because you were walking too fast, it's just really hot."

"Liar."

"Whatever."

"Shut up."

"You shut up."

"," I said, glaring at him. 

"Okay okay, I'm sorry for being an , I won't do it again," he said, with an annoying tone. 

"Shut up, I should be the one apologizing. I mean, I dragged you here, I made your hand red, I made fun of you. Sorry again, won't do it again. Forgive me~"  I said, trying to be 'cute' so he would forgive me. I blinked my eyes multiple times and leaned against his shoulder, looking up at him.

"You're forgiven! Stop trying to act cute, it doesn't suit you. Just keep being the tough person you are," he said. He patted my head and gently pushed it away. 

"I feel rejected," I chuckled.

"You are."

"Whatever," I said, looking away. I put my earphones in my hear and put on some music, but not before sticking my tongue out at him. Just when I wanted to press the play button on my phone, I heard him mumble something.

"Cute," he mumbled. I acted like I didn't hear him say anything and listened to my music for the rest of the ride home. 

Jungkook nudged me, "We're here," he said. I looked out of the window and saw that we were indeed at our busstop. I got up and followed Jungkook out, holding him by the strap of his backpack.

"Hey Jungkook, I just remembered I had work today..." I said.

"Yeah, I know. I also have work. We can go after work, there's one place that's still open around that time," he said. I nodded and smiled at him.

"Thanks for letting me stay over at your place and thanks for staying with me today. You're a great friend!" I said, giving him two thumbs up. 

"No problem,  I didn't mind. You're a great friend as well, just don't drink any coffee, ever again," He chuckled. I nodded and waved at him. I entered my house and ran upstairs. 4 hours left until work, so I decided to take a nap. I took a shower, only washing my body, changed into pajamas and jumped in bed. I fell asleep almost immediately.